What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RD 4: Eels v Tigs - Game Day Thread

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Here we go again . You try and attack my credibility bc I am loyal to the club. I was loyal to Brian Smith too. You might as well have a go at me for that too.

Sorry that I don’t panic and want to sack the coach after 0-4 start to the season.
Brian Smith was a great coach who was probably at the club too long, but Fitzy made the ridiculous call to sack him before the start of the season and ruined 2006. Totally different to sticking up for a clown like Sharp and a bloke like BA who has achieved nothing in the game to Smithy.

Glenn

First Grade
Ok, I'm going to give you guys on one thing. BA was overruled about Elkin. That pissed me off because it is not their job (this Bernie and Max show) to interfere with the footballing side. He didn't even get a look in because he was considered part of the old regime.
So Bernie/Max are responsible for going down the path of the AFL guy?
Who was responsible for Palmer leaving?

hineyrulz

Post Whore
2003 is when we made some changes to our squad as per your post, which wasn't successful.

2002, is where our squad was pretty similar to 2001 but with Dykes and McFadden and we failed, which could have been due the rule changes Pou mentioned.
In 2002 the rules changed, 01 was like touch footy and up and in defence came into the game. It was 04 when Smithy went with blokes like Cannings and Fui into the squad.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
What the other side putting the Cue in the Rack and Parramatta scoring late Tries, somehow covers over the problems the team has currently?
We stopped giving away so many penalties, which was helpful.

Penalties conceded in each half of footy this year:

Round 1
1st half: Penrith 7 Parra 5
2nd half: Penrith 1 Parra 5
Round 2
1st half: Manly 6 Parra 6
2nd half: Manly 4 Parra 6
Round 3
1st half: Cronulla 0 Parra 6
2nd half: Cronulla 6 Parra 3
Round 4
1st half: Wests 2 Parra 6
2nd half: Wests 1 Parra 2

Leaving aside the Brookvale game (Manly conceded loads of deliberate penalties without any sin bins because they knew we wouldn't take the kick), there have been four halves of footy where the refs were disinclined to blow the whistle, but in three of them we still conceded 5, 6 and 6 penalties. Those three halves of footy saw us outscored by 50 points to 10. In the half where we only conceded two penalties (to Wests' one) we won 14-10.

Moses hit it on the head after the game. We need to stop conceding penalties.

Noise

Coach
Smith is only in the side due to injury and KE has already been dropped once this year!!

I don't want Kenny dropped and I will be interested to see what becomes of Smith if French is still out. I was just pointing out that BA said players with poor discipline won't have a spot in the side. They were our 2 most ill disciplined players.

Avenger

Immortal
I think I'm figuring it out, you hate BA because your drug cheat mate went to him for a job and he knocked him back, cause he's a drug cheat.. How'd I go, pretty accurate huh?
That's not true. He isn't my mate. I just know the man. And I reckon Arthur is a very limited coach who needs help or will be coaching junior football on a permanent basis in about a year from now. Nothing to do with Elkin. He actually rates him. I don't. You see I make up my own mind which is why I'm usually a winner whilst you are a whiny loser. Is that ok, Ashley?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
We lost Semi and he is irreplaceable, simple as that just our luck.

We are 2 forwards short in my opinion we need 2 not 1 big boppers up the middle and Evans is not the answer, there was a reason he was playing reggies at the Roosters.
It's because he signed with the Eels. Robinson would've been filthy.

hindy111

Post Whore
f**k. Just shows what happens when we get the ball. Tigers perfect and not off side once. Not ruck infringements. Perfect.

I’ll let the haters fill 10 pages while I walk the dog.

Yes we scored points once tigers took foot of pedal.

Cloeel

Juniors
We stopped giving away so many penalties, which was helpful.

Penalties conceded in each half of footy this year:

Round 1
1st half: Penrith 7 Parra 5
2nd half: Penrith 1 Parra 5
Round 2
1st half: Manly 6 Parra 6
2nd half: Manly 4 Parra 6
Round 3
1st half: Cronulla 0 Parra 6
2nd half: Cronulla 6 Parra 3
Round 4
1st half: Wests 2 Parra 6
2nd half: Wests 1 Parra 2

Leaving aside the Brookvale game (Manly conceded loads of deliberate penalties without any sin bins because they knew we wouldn't take the kick), there have been four halves of footy where the refs were disinclined to blow the whistle, but in three of them we still conceded 5, 6 and 6 penalties. Those three halves of footy saw us outscored by 50 points to 10. In the half where we only conceded two penalties (to Wests' one) we won 14-10.

Moses hit it on the head after the game. We need to stop conceding penalties.
It’s funny because at the game you could tell straight away when Parra were going to get penalised and it always seems like it would happen when the tigers were coming towards half way. It was so painful and deflating we lack urgency.
If we can reduce the stupid penalties and increase our intensity which we lacked from the get go today it will help a lot.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Oh f**k off Pou, peddle your shit somewhere else I’m not buying it.

Spin and twist the result any way you want but we are a rabble atm and look the worst team in the comp.
f**k off idiot, I was agreeing our edge plays lack variety you f**ken nitwit.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
LOL top 4 means nothing when you lose both finals games and don't win the comp,you play to win not to run 4th and lose.
The finals are a lottery unless you're clearly the best team. Look how one-sided the grand final was. Our two games were a flip of the coin. Hopefully we win some coin flips in the finals this year.