What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Appoint Brad Arthur as Head Coach (Part Deux)

Djay

Juniors
There is an answer for everything.

We came 4th last year and had as good chance as anyone to win the competition.

What are the excuses for us currently?

We were good enough last year, we have practically the same team, minus Semi but have recruited Hayne, why did we not recruit forwards? Hayne was suppose to offset the loss of Semi but that hasn't happened due to bad luck but there is no excuse for not signing some bigger forwards.

Like the excuses can just go on and on and on, but at the end of the day, we haven't recruited correctly and currently we don't even look like we have done anything in the off season.

There is no excuse for our start to the year. End of, spin it and which way you want.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Cleary took over a squad that finished only 1 point out of the 8 the year before. BA took over a squad that finished last the 2 previous years!!

No wonder Cleary has achieved ok results in a shorter timeframe!!
Cleary bought back a past champion of the club who has provided outstanding leadership both on and off the field. Why didnt we think of that?
Norty Gazza.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
There is an answer for everything.

We came 4th last year and had as good chance as anyone to win the competition.

What are the excuses for us currently?

We were good enough last year, we have practically the same team, minus Semi but have recruited Hayne, why did we not recruit forwards? Hayne was suppose to offset the loss of Semi but that hasn't happened due to bad luck but there is no excuse for not signing some bigger forwards.

Like the excuses can just go on and on and on, but at the end of the day, we haven't recruited correctly and currently we don't even look like we have done anything in the off season.

There is no excuse for our start to the year. End of, spin it and which way you want.
We did sign bigger forwards. Two of them.

strider

Post Whore
I came up with that list in 2 mins, you said coaches didn’t want any in their sides anymore.

Segs is another, Levi is an attacking hooker and i would class Luke as one as well. Young Liddle has shown some ball skills as well when he had been fit enough to get a run.
As i said everyone you named, bar the greatest immortal of imortalisation, have struggled to nail down a starting job in an nrl team .... coaches just want a solid worker ... im not saying i agree with em, just thats how things have gone

Bazal

Post Whore
As i said everyone you named, bar the greatest immortal of imortalisation, have struggled to nail down a starting job in an nrl team .... coaches just want a solid worker ... im not saying i agree with em, just thats how things have gone

And Levi is pretty awful in attack too, not sure how he got a mention.

Dibs

Bench
Are any of you guys going to call for Arthur's head if the results don't improve. Parramatta have been a major disappointment and I believe Arthur has to share some of the blame. With the roster you blokes have you would be expecting Parra to win games. Losing their first 5 is unacceptable.
What concern is it of yours if we call for his head? And if you bothered to read the forum then you would know some have been calling for it already. Also what effect would us calling for his head have anyway?

Dibs

Bench
Honestly I really think half you pricks aren't cut out to be footy fans. You want instant success and to turn around a decade or more of abysmal mismanagement in a few months? Go follow an NRL darling like Melbourne....
Careful, talk like that will bring swifstylez out of the woodwork and that’s the 2nd last thing we want now.

In case anyone is wondering fanbase is the last, he is the last no matter the situation

Bazal

Post Whore
Careful, talk like that will bring swifstylez out of the woodwork and that’s the 2nd last thing we want now.

In case anyone is wondering fanbase is the last, he is the last no matter the situation

What if you want, I dunno, a person to feed to a tank full of ravenous flesh eating limpets?

Latest posts