What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can the Tigers win the comp?

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
big test this week. they would expect to flog the Knights and it can be harder to play with expectation.
That's expectation from supporters, bookies and journos. I don't doubt for a second that the expectations of the coach and players will be what it has been so far this year. Rip in.

Pommy

Coach
I’m going to say no, I just don’t think they have enough depth to cope when the season starts to take its toll.

King hit

Coach
I've been following this mob since Day Dot and it's the best feeling I've had since forever. 2005 had a similar vibe.

I was telling my mates before the season started we'd win the comp by 2020 and was mocked and derided pillar to post.

A sensible person would say we're a couple players short of a premiership-winning team but stuff that, we're the real deal. Ivan has this team all fired up. Not to mention the reserve grade team is going great guns too, so there's decent depth should injury occur.

We've got the Warriors and Pennies coming up in the next few weeks. That should be a good indicator.

Hopefully can sneak into Top 4 and then you never know.

Just a great feeling not reaching for the razor blades this early in a season.

Where you a Magpie or Tiger before 2000?

Pommy

Coach
Truth be told mate, our depth is a strong point IMHO. Our state cup side is top of the table, and there's plenty of competition for spots.

Time will tell, only Rd 6

I’m not anti tigers or anything, I just don’t see it myself. It’s not like the first time is stacked with big names.
Although losing the ones you had has only improved the side whilst making the opposition worse.

mozza91

Coach
I’ve got a feeling they’ll fade abit in the back half of the year ala the Dragons in 2015. They’ll definitely make the 8 but will miss the 4.

Vic Mackey

Referee
I’m going to say no, I just don’t think they have enough depth to cope when the season starts to take its toll.

Agree with senses. Our depth is fine. We've been without key players in multiple games this year and covered them all. The only guy in the squad I don't think we can cover adequately is Jacob Liddle, as the next two 9 options are pretty garbage.

A lack of a strike player could hurt us in the big games moreso then lack of depth

Last edited:

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
I’m not anti tigers or anything, I just don’t see it myself. It’s not like the first time is stacked with big names.
Although losing the ones you had has only improved the side whilst making the opposition worse.
Quite a bargain, yeah!

Cockosh

Juniors
Don’t see why not. Long way to go of course and could be they are peaking early. Same could be said of saints, warriors and panthers. But right now they are as good as anyone and are great to watch. Seen enough now to believe they will be in the 8.

Pedge1971

First Grade
Why the hell not? They will be in the 8 a lot depends on how they manage the expectation and pressure when the big games come at end of year.

This weekend will be an interesting test of where they are at. A game they should be expected to win well against an opposition that should be well up for it after being flogged last week.

They have put these teams to the sword all year so no reason to expect it to stop injuries permitted.

Good luck to them and their supporters. They deserve the ride.

nick87

Coach
As long as they finish the year with more wins than the knights that’ll do me
$100 bottle of wine riding on this shit

They definitely can. Brooks is starting to finally fulfill his potential with the great Benji Marshall beside him. Their starting props are beasts, Matulino always needed a change of scenery to get back to his best and Packer's been awesome for a while now. They've got a decent backrow and a capable bench.

I'm not sure if they have enough firepower out wide at this stage though, but if Marsters, Thompson n co keep improving anything's possible. Lolohea could be a bit of an X-Factor player for them when he returns too.