What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can the Tigers win the comp?

Barkley

Bench
The Tigers WILL WIN the 2018 Premiership
  • 2014 - Souths Sydney Rabbitohs - Sydney Team - Letter "R"
  • 2015 - North Queensland Cowboys - Non Sydney Team
  • 2016 - Cronulla Sutherland Sharks - Sydney Team - Letter "S"
  • 2017 - Melbourne Storm - Non Sydney Team
  • 2018 - Wests Tigers - Sydney Team - Letter "T"

Mind blown!

Trollhammaren

Juniors
I've been following this mob since Day Dot and it's the best feeling I've had since forever. 2005 had a similar vibe.

I was telling my mates before the season started we'd win the comp by 2020 and was mocked and derided pillar to post.

A sensible person would say we're a couple players short of a premiership-winning team but stuff that, we're the real deal. Ivan has this team all fired up. Not to mention the reserve grade team is going great guns too, so there's decent depth should injury occur.

We've got the Warriors and Pennies coming up in the next few weeks. That should be a good indicator.

Hopefully can sneak into Top 4 and then you never know.

Just a great feeling not reaching for the razor blades this early in a season.

King hit

Coach
The Tigers have really proven themselves to be a serious footy team. Anybody who can beat the Storm twice in a matter of weeks, beat the Roosters lineup and destroy Manly at Brookie in the way they did deserve respect. I really hope they can continue what they are doing. It's great watching them set the competition alight, it makes the season much more interesting.

Vic Mackey

Referee
The Denver test could be our Origin disruption. Id say Benji, Esan Marsters, Packer, Matulino, Taylor and Aloiai are all good shots at making the team.

2141 fella

Juniors
To be fair, albert’s opinion shouldn’t count on 2 fronts.
1.... it’s Albert.
2..... he’d still be filthy that we beat the sombrero brotherhood and that teddy has been borderline dud so far.
And Witty ..... well she is coming to terms with Mitchy being in the pits while the WT are flying high. So of course she’d be hating on anything to do with us and our success.
Ahhh the idiocy and the jealousy.

The Tigers success so far has been due to Luke Brooks and Benji Marshall. But if the Tigers have hopes of going places in the playoffs they have to bring back the attacking genius Tuimoala Lolohea to full back. The current full back Corey Thompson is basically a winger and needs to play on the wing. Also he was formerly with Widnes Vikings, which doesn't look good on an NRL player's resume. Tuimoala Lolohea is behind only Shaun Johnson for attacking brilliance.

Last edited:

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Yes they can.

Provided everyone else gets their points stripped for salary cap cheating or there's an outbreak of ebola at every other club.

2141 fella

Juniors
Takes time for new players, especially attacking superstars like Cronk and Tedesco, to get used to the club's attacking structures.
Funny how it hasn’t taken our new players time.
And we have many more than 2.
And they are not superstars.
Although a quick glance at the upper end of the competition table might suggest otherwise.

Clifferd

Coach
The Denver test could be our Origin disruption. Id say Benji, Esan Marsters, Packer, Matulino, Taylor and Aloiai are all good shots at making the team.

As good as Benjis going I don’t reckon he’d get picked, didn’t NZ RL ages ago say they’re well over him now and wouldn’t ever select him again?

All other players are legitimate contenders though. Matulino, Packer and Taylor are probs certs

macavity

Referee
big test this week. they would expect to flog the Knights and it can be harder to play with expectation.