What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 7 Vs the Sharks

Copperhead

Juniors
No Gallen for the Sharks but Fifita & Lewis named. Graham on extended bench.

We're not going to know who lines up for them until later, but the report from @nrlphysio says,

"Wade Graham will miss the next 2-4 weeks with a hamstring strain. Likely grade 1 hamstring injury with that recovery timeframe.

Andrew Fifita will be unavailable for selection this week as he recovers from bone bruising in his knee. Still expected to return sometime in the next 2-4 weeks. Fifita’s scans showed he has no PCL in his left knee, which explains why his knee gave way when changing direction. It also can explain why the initial thoughts of the medical staff was an ACL injury, as his knee joint was unstable. He will have to undergo a strengthening program due to the instability caused by an absent/torn PCL. Either Fifita had an old PCL injury (many players can play on without a PCL) or he tore his PCL during last week’s game. If Fifita has indeed been playing without a PCL for a while the 2-4 week estimate is where most return for mild bone bruising. If he actually tore his PCL in that game + bone bruising, more likely 4-8 weeks."

We're not going to know who lines up for them until later, but the report from @nrlphysio says,

"Wade Graham will miss the next 2-4 weeks with a hamstring strain. Likely grade 1 hamstring injury with that recovery timeframe.

Andrew Fifita will be unavailable for selection this week as he recovers from bone bruising in his knee. Still expected to return sometime in the next 2-4 weeks. Fifita’s scans showed he has no PCL in his left knee, which explains why his knee gave way when changing direction. It also can explain why the initial thoughts of the medical staff was an ACL injury, as his knee joint was unstable. He will have to undergo a strengthening program due to the instability caused by an absent/torn PCL. Either Fifita had an old PCL injury (many players can play on without a PCL) or he tore his PCL during last week’s game. If Fifita has indeed been playing without a PCL for a while the 2-4 week estimate is where most return for mild bone bruising. If he actually tore his PCL in that game + bone bruising, more likely 4-8 weeks."

Good information.
I'd be surprised if Graham & Fifita play on that report. Flanagan playing ducks and drakes with his line up. Can't blame him.

franklin2323

Immortal
Good information.
I'd be surprised if Graham & Fifita play on that report. Flanagan playing ducks and drakes with his line up. Can't blame him.

The rules don't allow for that. I dare say they'd have trouble filling out 21man squad. I can't see those 3 playing maybe name them so you can get allowance for others later

OldPanther

Coach
The rules don't allow for that. I dare say they'd have trouble filling out 21man squad. I can't see those 3 playing maybe name them so you can get allowance for others later

On r/nrl I was told Eisenhuth isn't in our top 30 so did we get an exemption?

mxlegend99

Referee
I like our backline. CHN and DWZ are both agressive mongrels. Hopefully both on right side together.

Peachey at 6 is still not much of a 6. But if he just runs he will cause all sorts of headaches.

I don't expect Fifita will play. But even if he did I think our pack easily has them covered. Paulo at 13, dear god that's scraping the barrell.

They've also panicked and moved Moylan back to 6. I mean I think he belongs there. But a werk ago he was their best fullback. Now he's not. Their spine isnt being given time to settle. Once our pack beats them into submission. They're going to be relying on hail mary plays (Moylans favorite) and it will be 50/50 it favors us. Each hail mary I mean. We can score some tries off desperate plays from Moyza.

Moylan in the line makes it so much easier to send Fish, RCG, Mez etc. At him also. We dont need to break the line to run at him. We can break the line through running at him.

If both 1 to 17s play. I think us by 16. If Fifita drops out it's hard to see them making a dent in our defensive line at all. Could possibly keep them to 0.

Also I really don't rate either of their centres. Dugan at fullback weakens their defensive line quiet a bit. With the way we were tearing Titans edges to shreds, I predict CHN, Yeo, Kikau and Peachey to all end upwith linebreaks and linebreak assists.

Oh and our biggest advantage... Maloney is going to really want to destroy his former team. Moylan will too. But I think he's going to be crying by the end of this game.

Last edited:

mxlegend99

Referee
Good information.
I think he's naming them do if a miracle happens they can play. Bit of wishful thinking.

Would be really irresponsible of Sharks to let either play based on the NRL physio report. If they do its a desperate move that could destroy their whole season.

Imagine if Fifita did tear his ACL? If its 2 to 4 weeks for full fitness. Surely its best to be patient.im assuming the chances are higher in an already injured knee.

tripster

Juniors
I think he's naming them do if a miracle happens they can play. Bit of wishful thinking.

Would be really irresponsible of Sharks to let either play based on the NRL physio report. If they do its a desperate move that could destroy their whole season.

Imagine if Fifita did tear his ACL? If its 2 to 4 weeks for full fitness. Surely its best to be patient.im assuming the chances are higher in an already injured knee.

Agree. There is no way Fifita will play.

I suspect Fifita has also been named because Flanagan probably hasn't yet worked out himself what the final squad will be - and also to play a few mind games with us.

Fangs

Coach
Still feels strange having Moylan playing for Cronulla.

Needs to be bashed out of the game. He is their only hope of putting on points. Just treat him the way we treated the Titans halves.

Some great stuff from Wallace just before halftime on Sunday. We sent a lot of traffic down the Titans left edge and Wallace was pointing out Ash Taylor. We should do more of the same with our pack.

Only concern is that we always seem to struggle against Cronulla. I really hate them so I'd like to see us turn it around. Will venture out to the Shire on Sunday to witness it myself.