What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you want Brad Arthur as coach

Do you want Brad Arthur as coach

• Yes

Votes: 106 49.3%
  • No

Votes: 109 50.7%

• Total voters

Gronk

Staff member
If you wear a footy jersey in public and not on your way or leaving an immediate game you are a bogan wanker with no class.

In my area every backpacker from the UK wears their soccer or gaelic footy jerseys 24/7.

forward pass

Coach
Marketing gurus think that permanent jersey designs are dumb. Compare the Red V to Jerseys that change yearly or even monthly. Merchandise cash by needy fans is what we need mate.

The problem is Gronk the NRL clubs and the NRL itself has a financial model that relies so much on merchandise sales. They need new jerseys for continued revenue.

AFL clubs are wearing the same jerseys for hundreds of years - they never change and they never will. They cope ok. The difference is the AFL does not rely so much on merch sales - their revenue is from ticket sales.

BTW - Not sure why jerseys are being discussed in a Brad Arthur thread but anyways.

Gronk

Staff member
The problem is Gronk the NRL clubs and the NRL itself has a financial model that relies so much on merchandise sales. They need new jerseys for continued revenue.

AFL clubs are wearing the same jerseys for hundreds of years - they never change and they never will. They cope ok. The difference is the AFL does not rely so much on merch sales - their revenue is from ticket sales.

BTW - Not sure why jerseys are being discussed in a Brad Arthur thread but anyways.

Facts are that Sydney people will never go to the footy in the same numbers as the Mexicans.

Noise

Coach
Why is something solely one person's fault? Yes, people need to be held accountable but to blame one person for all the problems is overly simplistic.
I'm not sure who else is responsible. I had just read this post: (that you actually agreed with)
- It isn't BA's job to hire a HOFM, that would be Gurr's decision
And OA seems to know a bit about the workings of League in Parramatta. Perhaps Max is also responsible to a degree too.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
I'm not sure who else is responsible. I had just read this post:

And OA seems to know what a bit about the workings of League in Parramatta. Perhaps Max is also responsible to a degree too.
Yep I often make someone a scapegoat based on half-arsed, vague posts as well...upload_2018-5-16_17-14-3.gif

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
In all seriousness though. Lets take the statement as fact.

It might be his 'responsibility' but who is accountable and has that person/people provided the responsible person with the resources they need?

Do we know all of this information with confidence? If not, then should we really just blame one person?

Kornstar

Coach
I thought it was pretty obvious that the existence of Max and his goons has been the biggest issue of all.

They are here to cut costs and cutting costs is what they have done and we are suffering.

BA has had to put up with some absolute shit in this place, first it was the old board and the interference and incompetence which led to our darkest time in history.

Secondly he then has administrators come in and completely f**k his budget to operate a football team with required resources.

I don't for a moment think that BA is blameless but FMD he has put up with some garbage while being here and 5 years in it is easy to just look on the surface and say he has failed but the further you dig and go into it the more you have to question just what has been in his control.

This is essentially year 2 after a significant change in operation after getting busted cheating and unlike to 2 previous clubs to have that happen we were not afforded the luxury to pretty much keep our team together, in fact we were stripped bare straight away!!

Last year we rallied and put together an incredible season off the back of the emotion of 2016 and this year there appears to be a few factors against us on and off the field. Maybe they are just tired from the emotional toll 2016 had on them?

I am happy for him to reset and prepare us for next year with better recruitment and another off season. No delivery next year and i am happy for the club to move on from him.

Avenger

Immortal
I thought it was pretty obvious that the existence of Max and his goons has been the biggest issue of all.

They are here to cut costs and cutting costs is what they have done and we are suffering.

BA has had to put up with some absolute shit in this place, first it was the old board and the interference and incompetence which led to our darkest time in history.

Secondly he then has administrators come in and completely f**k his budget to operate a football team with required resources.

I don't for a moment think that BA is blameless but FMD he has put up with some garbage while being here and 5 years in it is easy to just look on the surface and say he has failed but the further you dig and go into it the more you have to question just what has been in his control.

This is essentially year 2 after a significant change in operation after getting busted cheating and unlike to 2 previous clubs to have that happen we were not afforded the luxury to pretty much keep our team together, in fact we were stripped bare straight away!!

Last year we rallied and put together an incredible season off the back of the emotion of 2016 and this year there appears to be a few factors against us on and off the field. Maybe they are just tired from the emotional toll 2016 had on them?

I am happy for him to reset and prepare us for next year with better recruitment and another off season. No delivery next year and i am happy for the club to move on from him.

Best post from the Yes voters so far. Well done mate.

Noise

Coach

So if we miss the 8 this year and then again next year we punt him? That's 2 wasted seasons. And not much time for a new coach to recruit who he wants for 2020.

emjaycee

Coach

From what I know, there are some accurate statements in this post and some inaccurate ones too (like most lengthy posts).

Latest posts