What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 11 vs Big Face & The Warriors - Team List Thread

strider

Post Whore
Who knows?
All i know is that my mail 2 weeks ago had Ray Stone in the Development Squad and now he is in top 30 and named in 21 this week. If he was promoted to top 30 why name him in 21 unless we couldnt name someone else or unless BA is planning on playing him?

It's very exciting.
Love a bit of conspiracy and mystery .... this theory entered my mind too when i asked about scott on an edge, but then apparently scott played edge last week - i didnt realise

Also, i may be wrong but Stone and Marata both play on the edge. Naming Scott on the edge if he is injured means an easy swap out without reshuffling as Ma'u would be a better middle than either of the other 2.

Meh this one not so much ... doubt we would care about a reshuffle on the day

I thought Stone had been playing middle in isp???

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Who knows?
All i know is that my mail 2 weeks ago had Ray Stone in the Development Squad and now he is in top 30 and named in 21 this week. If he was promoted to top 30 why name him in 21 unless we couldnt name someone else or unless BA is planning on playing him?

It's very exciting.

I could be totally wrong, but can’t we apply to the NRL to use development players under certain circumstances?

So considering our injuries, could be possible Stone is still a development player but the NRL has allowed us to use him.

Similar to what the panthers did: https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp...-4-million-injury-crisis-20180507-p4zdsl.html

emjaycee

Coach

emjaycee

Coach
Love a bit of conspiracy and mystery .... this theory entered my mind too when i asked about scott on an edge, but then apparently scott played edge last week - i didnt realise

Meh this one not so much ... doubt we would care about a reshuffle on the day

I thought Stone had been playing middle in isp???

Like i said in my opening statement..
"I could be wrong..."

Exciting isnt it?

strider

Post Whore

T.S Quint

Coach
Surely we would get told to f**k off and play Taka on an edge like we did earlier in the season

The Sharks didn't get told to f**k off when they asked to name a non-squad player earlier in the year.
They were allowed to play a half when they had other options that could play there who were already in the squad.

strider

Post Whore
The Sharks didn't get told to f**k off when they asked to name a non-squad player earlier in the year.
They were allowed to play a half when they had other options that could play there who were already in the squad.
Yeah but the sharks are not a "powerhouse" .... different rules ffs

Joshuatheeel

Staff member

That was a different situation, they wanted to bring in a top 30 player into their 21 player game squad after it had already been named.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
I know hes getting down on troups but the Stone option absolutely flys against everything BA has done in the past.
. New Assistant Coach.
. Talk of a HOFM
. Juniors being promoted and possibly even playing.
What the hell is going on?

- BA has new hires to his coaching staff every year.
- It isn't BA's job to hire a HOFM, that would be Gurr's decision
- BA has debuted 8 players since being head coach and will be 9 or more this weekend

hindy111

Post Whore
Id say Stone is 100-1 to play.

With injuries and KE stood down who else is available in the forwards at 21? Certainly no one in NSW cup.

Glenneel

Bench
We should talk to the Titans about trading Norman & Peats. We have 5/8s and we need a dummy half.

I probably should have posted this in the "We Should" thread. But don't worry I will copy and paste it.

Edit: I mean the "We Need To" thread.
Forget Peats he spends too much time in a hospital bed, already half our team are there (as bloody usual!). Wtf is going on with our big injury toll each year?

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
hell, up here they got busted a few years back for giving hand jobs with lap dances

Glenneel

Bench
Also, i may be wrong but Stone and Marata both play on the edge. Naming Scott on the edge if he is injured means an easy swap out without reshuffling as Ma'u would be a better middle than either of the other 2.
Doesn't Stone play in middle as lock?

Gazzamatta

Coach
- BA has new hires to his coaching staff every year.
- It isn't BA's job to hire a HOFM, that would be Gurr's decision
- BA has debuted 8 players since being head coach and will be 9 or more this weekend
Certainly agree with all that OA. Ive learned in management that things are not always what they appear. Probably just being a silly old bugger. I hope so anyway.

Latest posts