What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW outs and QLD ins

Lambretta

First Grade
State of Origin is just around the corner

Traditionally this is the time of year where anyone half decent and eligible to wear Blue gets injured and anyone eligible to wear Maroon magically grows an extra leg to come back from the dead and destroy NSW

Jimmy the Jet started proceedings last night with a clasically timed Achilles tendon issue.

So who else will be unavailable for selection for NSW and who is marching back into the Queensland squad?

Predictions below

Eion

First Grade
Fifita is eligible and won’t be picked. Classic NSW and exactly the opposite of what QLD would do.

OldPanther

Coach
Fifita is eligible and won’t be picked. Classic NSW and exactly the opposite of what QLD would do.

Who cares what QLD would do. Trying to be like them got us in the mess of losing every series ever. Fifi is also injured and not playing this week.

Eion

First Grade
Who cares what QLD would do. Trying to be like them got us in the mess of losing every series ever. Fifi is also injured and not playing this week.
That’s the point mate. NSW has been trying to do what they pretend they do...not what they actually do.

Hutty1986

Immortal
Lol, would the uber "passionate" maroons really pick a bloke who has openly said he would only play 2 games? Hmmm...

betcats

Referee

If you aren't available for the entire series you aren't available at all IMO. I doubt there are any QLD forwards who pick playing for another country over QLD anyway.

Eion

First Grade
Lol, would the uber "passionate" maroons really pick a bloke who has openly said he would only play 2 games? Hmmm...
This passion thing is an absolute myth. Their only passion is to win. The uber passionate maroons actually selected Izzy Folau after he defected to the AFL. So, yes, they did and they would if they thought it would help them win a game and series.

They just chucked out 2 wonderful servants out Biyd and Scott when both (esp Scott) still going OK.

betcats

Referee
This passion thing is an absolute myth. Their only passion is to win. The uber passionate maroons actually selected Izzy Folau after he defected to the AFL. So, yes, they did and they would if they thought it would help them win a game and series.

They just chucked out 2 wonderful servants out Biyd and Scott when both (esp Scott) still going OK.

Fitler has already said he thinks there has been a selfish culture in the NSW team(probably a result of Gallens captaincy) do you really think he is going pick a guy who has made himself unavailable for game 2 and last season refused to come off the bench when asked by his coach prior to game 3? Wake up, he was never getting picked. Fitlers wants guys who will put the jersey before everything, Fifita does not fit that bill.

ed-grimley

Bench
Fifita played 80 min the other week - that makes him an attractive proposition in my book.
Matt Scott - an example for comparison - looked totally rooted after 15 min the other night.

betcats

Referee
Fifita played 80 min the other week - that makes him an attractive proposition in my book.
Matt Scott - an example for comparison - looked totally rooted after 15 min the other night.

On talent and ability alone he easily gets picked, but he wont be and its the right call imo.

Clifferd

Coach
Fifita could have been man of the match in every game for Cronulla this year and I still wouldn’t pick him

If he was picked, it just devalues the NSW jersey.

I respect him for choosing Tonga, but that’s where he stays

Eion

First Grade
Fitler has already said he thinks there has been a selfish culture in the NSW team(probably a result of Gallens captaincy) do you really think he is going pick a guy who has made himself unavailable for game 2 and last season refused to come off the bench when asked by his coach prior to game 3? Wake up, he was never getting picked. Fitlers wants guys who will put the jersey before everything, Fifita does not fit that bill.
Don’t need to wake up, I’m not at all surprised he wasn’t picked. I would have picked him, and I’ve told you why. His allegiance to Tonga is anything but selfish, as it’s cost him 10s of thousands so I don’t know why you’re saying that. The ‘refusing to come off the bench’ comment is complete crap and denied directly by Loz himself.

I think NSW is clearly the best side anyway, especially in the forwards, so we should win regardless.

big hit!

Bench
Don’t need to wake up, I’m not at all surprised he wasn’t picked. I would have picked him, and I’ve told you why. His allegiance to Tonga is anything but selfish, as it’s cost him 10s of thousands so I don’t know why you’re saying that. The ‘refusing to come off the bench’ comment is complete crap and denied directly by Loz himself.

I think NSW is clearly the best side anyway, especially in the forwards, so we should win regardless.

NSW always are always better in the forwards - on paper - and keep losing series after series

Latest posts