What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017/18 Champions League

saint.nick

Coach
So he didn’t know martial arts but implemented this illegal judo move perfectly. All of this while Salah locked his arms in the first contact and cleared the ball away.
Its not about knowing martial arts! Its about grappling experts knowing an intentional grapple when they see one...

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
LOL what does it matter if he does martial arts or not

you brought it up

We dont generally use martial arts judges to to referee football so I am not really sure what it has to do with anything other than spell out he is probabaly a scouse fan

one thing that cannot be argued is who initiated the arm grabbing

Haffa

Its not about knowing martial arts! Its about grappling experts knowing an intentional grapple when they see one...
Salah initiates contact, they both go for the ball get tangled. Then some supposed MMA expert says its an intentional grapple while ignoring all the football moves involved in the play. If anyone seriously believes Ramos deliberately dislocated Salah's shoulder you are borderline mental. Trained fighters cannot even do that to an opponent that easy.

If he doesn't have MMA or Judo training then what is the purpose of their expert opinion? How about we ask Football defending experts their opinion.

saint.nick

Coach
Trained fighters cannot even do that to an opponent that easy.

Wow, I wonder if that's because opponents of trained fighters are also trained fighters? That's also beside the fact I never said he deliberately dislocated his shoulder. I said he deliberately tried to hurt him.

Salah initiates contact

I'm waiting for you or Twizzle to properly explain how that is relevant

If he doesn't have MMA or Judo training then what is the purpose of their expert opinion?

Because they know deliberate takedowns when they see one. It's not rocket science mate.

you brought it up

No I didn't.

Who is arguing it?

Forget your silly MS Paint still images, the video shows that as Ramos is falling he deliberately tries to take Salah down with him, with no other rational reason than trying to cause him pain. If you fellas were as much of the experienced and learned fans of the game as you both condescendingly act like you are then you'd know that Ramos is a dirty and reckless defender who has no problem with risking red cards.

Last edited:

Haffa

So we require the opinion of a trained MMA expert to determine his intent to injure? Or you'd determined that before their opinion was offered?

We clearly need to get Daniel Cormier to consult on VAR for fouls because that kind of contact occurs in every football match.

saint.nick

Coach
So we require the opinion of a trained MMA expert to determine his intent to injure? Or you'd determined that before their opinion was offered?

We clearly need to get Daniel Cormier to consult on VAR for fouls because that kind of contact occurs in every football match.
Hahaha, no it doesnt, otherwise there would be far more arm and shoulder injuries.

Youre still ignoring the fact that he left an elbow on Kariuss head but I guess theres no way it was intentional cos a Unicef ambassador would never do that!

DC80

Juniors
May 5, three weeks before the final...

https://www.independent.ie/sport/so...rgen-klopps-first-choice-keeper-36876629.html

Liverpool legends call for Loris Karius to be replaced as Jurgen Klopp's first choice keeper

Mark Lawrenson...“I recall in the first leg of the Champions League semi-final against Roma, he allowed a shot to slip through his hands and it hit the bar at 0-0. If that goes in, it could be a very different tie.

Real Madrid will look at Karius and think he is a weak link when we get to the final, I'm sure of that."

I feel sorry for Karius on two levels. Firstly the human side, he went through misery in front of a global audience. Secondly, he was out of his depth and should never have played in a game of that magnitude...think of all the truly class goalkeepers who never get the opportunity he, an average player, got. It was Klopp’s error to stick with him, thus putting a clearly inept keeper in the firing line.

The lad’s only option is to leave England and go to a team more suited to his ability, a lower Bundesliga team near his home would be ideal.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Who is arguing it?

Good, we agree that Salah initiated the arm grabbing but the problem is he took on some one who is just too strong but you dont like the consequences of what he initiated and I get that as you are a fan, albeit one with blinkers on.

Well maybe he shouldn't have initiated the contact in the first place. He committed a foul which backfired.

Its OK to be passionate but you also need to be rational, unlike some of the scum on social media wishing death on Karius and his family.

saint.nick

Coach
Good, we agree that Salah initiated the arm grabbing but the problem is he took on some one who is just too strong but you dont like the consequences of what he initiated and I get that as you are a fan, albeit one with blinkers on.

Well maybe he shouldn't have initiated the contact in the first place. He committed a foul which backfired.

Its OK to be passionate but you also need to be rational, unlike some of the scum on social media wishing death on Karius and his family.
Your scouserphobia isnt rational either. Nor is blaming Salah because Ramos deviously caused a disproportionate consequence to what Salah initially did :joy:

Haffa

Scouserphobia lol. Tottenham > Leeds > QPR > Charlton > West Ham > Arsenal > Millwall > Palace > Wimbledon New and Old > Barcelona > PSG about 40 other League clubs then Liverpool.

Your Victim mentality instantly sees anyone saying Salah played a part in the incident as blaming. As the song goes....

cb4

First Grade
you brought it up

We dont generally use martial arts judges to to referee football so I am not really sure what it has to do with anything other than spell out he is probabaly a scouse fan

Thats a still shot from a couple of seconds after Ramos grabbed him.
A still frame can show anything to show any agenda. 2 seconds before that, Ramos hands were on Salahs shoulder and Salah was pushing him away

I am not saying its intentional, I am saying using a still frame is stupid, show the whole clip and you can see that 95% of that situation is caused by Sergio Ramos. From start to finish.