What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Origin undersells in Melbourne (Or: The Telecrap shits on the game again)

Lambretta

First Grade
It was at Maccas and I was desparate for something to read...

You were at Maccas and you were reading about Rugby League in the Telegraph?

My guess is that you're a CEO of a Multinational company who has a private school education, three University degrees are married to a girl called Bethany and you drive a Mercedes GT.

hrundi99

First Grade
You were at Maccas and you were reading about Rugby League in the Telegraph?

My guess is that you're a CEO of a Multinational company who has a private school education, three University degrees are married to a girl called Bethany and you drive a Mercedes GT.

I don't get the point you're trying to make or maybe it was an attempt at humour that went under my head...

jim_57

Staff member
So I'd imagine the 'neutral' game is here to stay now. Since it's locked in until 2022 I can't see it going back to 2 games in one city (Brisbane, Sydney) model if Perth and Adelaide are successful.

I think it's best case scenario for everyone, no team gets a home game advantage, Governments pay the NRL and in return get money pumped back in to their economy.

2019 - Perth (Confirmed)
2020 - Adelaide (Confirmed)
2021 - Melbourne (Confirmed)
2022 - Auckland
2023 - Perth
2024 - Adelaide
2025 - Melbourne (Confirmed)

You'd have to think something like that would make sense, wash rinse repeat or sell it to the highest bidder if any city loses interest.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
So I'd imagine the 'neutral' game is here to stay now. Since it's locked in until 2022 I can't see it going back to 2 games in one city (Brisbane, Sydney) model if Perth and Adelaide are successful.

I think it's best case scenario for everyone, no team gets a home game advantage, Governments pay the NRL and in return get money pumped back in to their economy.

2019 - Perth (Confirmed)
2022 - Auckland
2023 - Perth
2024 - Adelaide

You'd have to think something like that would make sense, wash rinse repeat or sell it to the highest bidder if any city loses interest.
Tasmania shortchanged. Disgraceful.

magpie_man

Juniors

2019 - Perth (Confirmed)
2022 - Auckland
2023 - Perth
2024 - Adelaide

I can't see one being played in NZ; wouldn't it have to played at 10pm over there in order to be televised at 8pm here?

big hit!

Bench
shit thing about these neutral games is how quiet they are unless there is a line break , big hit or try.

the TV broadcast sounded like thursday night parra vs cowboys with 7k at Stad Oz, rather than an origin. could hear the mouth breathers yelling their tackle count and directions from the very 1st tackle.

jim_57

Staff member
shit thing about these neutral games is how quiet they are unless there is a line break , big hit or try.

the TV broadcast sounded like thursday night parra vs cowboys with 7k at Stad Oz, rather than an origin. could hear the mouth breathers yelling their tackle count and directions from the very 1st tackle.

Didn't notice much difference to any other RL game I've been to really, I don't think even the most dedicated fans ooh and ahhh in their thousands at every pass or correct play the ball.

2019 - Perth (Confirmed)
2022 - Auckland
2023 - Perth
2024 - Adelaide

Surely they take one to the US ahead of the World Cup. I’d take the other unconfirmed one to Hong Kong or mainland China with ET fronting the campaign

Latest posts