What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Jerseys/Logos/Sponsorships

Status
Not open for further replies.

gzerounian

Juniors
NSW Jersey report card:
- Colour... best sky blue it has been in a long time. They finally got it right.
- Shorts... looked great! No silly triangles just a slim vertical and a thick vertical. A good modern take on the two stripes.
- Chevrons..totally unnecessary
- Chest Badges...way too busy! Just have the two logos and nothing else.
- Sleeve...just one straight navy blue edge please instead of diagonals.
- Sponsor..the grey is the perfect complement..didn't even notice it was there (unlike VB). Need to integrate Star instead of having a massive bumper sticker.
- Collar didn't look as bad as the Kangaroos jersey because it was the same colour as the rest of the jersey. In saying that, I think a navy collar would look better.
- Socks..traditional hoops is a must!
- Numbers...horrible! I know white with sky blue does not produce the best contrast but it never stopped all the 80's and 90's NSW teams from having it. It would really make all the difference. It is the most defining feature of any NSW jersey from the past. They also need to be bigger like they used to be. The good thing about State of Origin is that you can break away from the NRL communist rules and do things the way you want them.

Screen Shot 2018-06-07 at 10.55.11 am.png

GAZF

First Grade
NSW Jersey report card:
- Colour... best sky blue it has been in a long time. They finally got it right.
- Shorts... looked great! No silly triangles just a slim vertical and a thick vertical. A good modern take on the two stripes.
- Sponsor..the grey is the perfect complement..didn't even notice it was there (unlike VB). Need to integrate Star instead of having a massive bumper sticker.
- Collar didn't look as bad as the Kangaroos jersey because it was the same colour as the rest of the jersey. In saying that, I think a navy collar would look better.
- Numbers...horrible! I know white with sky blue does not produce the best contrast but it never stopped all the 80's and 90's NSW teams from having it. It would really make all the difference. It is the most defining feature of any NSW jersey from the past. They also need to be bigger like they used to be. The good thing about State of Origin is that you can break away from the NRL communist rules and do things the way you want them.

View attachment 20668
Agree with most things but:
  • The primary sponsor looked huge, probably because of it being under the double V. Get rid of those and it might not look as bad.
  • Old NSW jerseys may have been the same shade of blue but they were a dull fabric. The shiny material lightens the look and provides less contrast with the white. If white numbers were to be used I would suggest a thin navy outline.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
The white numbers worked in the 80s-90s because the sky blue was a much dirtier, deeper blue.

kdalymc

Bench
yep the Brydons lawyer logo is worse than aids. but when they pay 2 mil (?) they get to do what they like. qld only got 80 grand and look how good ours is :)

the cost of selling your soul hey

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade

View attachment 20668

*facist, autocratic or totalitarian.

But Communist the NRL is not....

gzerounian

Juniors
I think maybe they went with the navy chevrons to balance out the sky blue. Because the collar is the way it is, it looks a little bit weird with it all sky blue. When I tried making the entire collar navy blue it looked exactly like a bow tie. Here are some other alternatives.

Screen Shot 2018-06-07 at 2.16.32 pm.png

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
yep the Brydons lawyer logo is worse than aids. but when they pay 2 mil (?) they get to do what they like. qld only got 80 grand and look how good ours is :)

the cost of selling your soul hey
The mind boggles as to how a team that has won 12 of 13 series can't sign lucrative sponsors.

kdalymc

Bench
I think maybe they went with the navy chevrons to balance out the sky blue. Because the collar is the way it is, it looks a little bit weird with it all sky blue. When I tried making the entire collar navy blue it looked exactly like a bow tie. Here are some other alternatives.

View attachment 20676
It’s just a f**ked up collar.. the 2017 model was bad, but then they come up with this one

kdalymc

Bench
Kari is an indigenous support thingy.

I may have asked already or whatever, but they are banging on about the qld jersey being premium or what not, rubber badges , hologram etc but only the on field comes with XXXX on the sleeves?
For $160 surely you get all the sponsors...

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade

View attachment 20676

Bottom right looks too "soccer"

But the collar is necesary. Without it (and with the Vs) the jersey it too chest-heavy. Some of them look like they are smuggling man-tits...

Dogs Breakfast! Seriously this is so bad. There are 5 other things apart from the two badges.
View attachment 20675
images

beagle

Juniors
Kari is an indigenous support thingy.

I may have asked already or whatever, but they are banging on about the qld jersey being premium or what not, rubber badges , hologram etc but only the on field comes with XXXX on the sleeves?
For $160 surely you get all the sponsors...

The jerseys were launched in February and didn't have XXXX on the sleeves. The replica jerseys were available not long after without the sleeve sponsor, as that was how it was at launch. By the time the on field player issue jerseys were made , it would have been decided to have XXXX on the sleeves, which obviously was too late for the replica jerseys in the shops. If a second batch was to be made by ISC and sold in shops, then it would probably have XXXX on the sleeves. The same thing happens to club jerseys too.

Jersey at launch:
isc_1083_edit_jw.jpg

Last edited:

ed-grimley

Bench
NSW Jersey report card:

View attachment 20668
The names should be done like the numbers and also should be higher than the advertising. They look like they were stuck on before they ran out.

mistertaylor

Juniors
Pretty sure one of our home strips from the Overflow era had a decent splash of yellow. But it wasnt the main colour.

Lets be clear on one thing. Cowboys core colours are blue and grey. The yellow should never have been more than a trim colour.

Status
Not open for further replies.