What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack mcgregor

dragons77

Juniors
Lawrie against Panthers was strong, Lomax should start and replace nightie. Our attack has been lost for last 4 weeks, Widdop has been shocking. 8 nil down and go for 2 pts, is thay what we have. Same old one up football, low % plays, we rarely play a backline play, decoy runners dont exist. This is McIdiots style, aint working. Dugan has been playing good footy, totally different player, not individual anymore. We have easiest draw back end, think we will struggle if changes dont happen. Two loses and we are out of the 8, let alone premiership contenders.

ouryears

Bench
You say "if you can't win semi finals games then either you have the wrong roster or wrong coach" I disagree with this. Its an ultra competitive competition especially during finals. You can simply be outplayed on the day. Are you saying that the losers of all semis either have the wrong roster or coach? There has to be a winner and a loser and I don't think the losers need to change roster or coach necessarily.

Can you adjust your expectations during the season? Absolutely you can. But I think it is also important to take a reality check from time to time and look back on your original predictions to put things into perspective.
A good coach gets his team up for the big matches, and good players get up for big matches.

If we lose in the finals, yes we have been outcoached, out enthused and didn't have the desire required to win.

Great teams hate losing, they despise it, they will do anything to avoid it.

Accepting finals losses is what Mary hopes we will all accept.

Well not me!

You think Raper, Langlands, Smith, Harry Bath, Provan, Gasnier, and the rest of our champions would?

You think Bellamy would?
Or Uncle Nik?

Nope, just Mary would.

blacksafake

First Grade
I can’t see a change of coach in the near future, especially with a new ceo to be appointed & probably from within. I would expect the new ceo to be involved in any coaching appointments. It’s more likely to finish up being an extension if anything to L plate if anything.

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
I’m dirty that we have been sitting in first place, Penrith come along on level points and are placed above us in the ladder, yet, we have scored the most points!

How can that be?

Runner

Juniors
I’m dirty that we have been sitting in first place, Penrith come along on level points and are placed above us in the ladder, yet, we have scored the most points!

How can that be?
Pretty sure in goes on percentages. Points for divided by points against. Lower for and against with the same margin is a higher percentage ( when expressed as a percentage)

LINESPEED

Juniors
Pretty sure in goes on percentages. Points for divided by points against. Lower for and against with the same margin is a higher percentage ( when expressed as a percentage)

How's that team sheet coming along McAnal Retentive?
Don't want any surprises in that diaper do we?
So yeah we'll keep it pristine and predictable and second rate. But safe eh Mary, like journeymen - can't risk those juniors who might crap your nappy with an Auckland Niner length of the field out-of-the-box try that belongs to more imaginative coaches? Scary things like those messy bombs. Might get roused on, Doust on & lose that extension.
And who was it that ran over your cones and messed up your field - Barrett, Timmins or Potter? They know about your syndrome, we suffer the constipations of the frightened child, sitting retentively on a motionless bench - clean, safe & unsoiled you Fu*kwit.

Last edited:
So yeah we'll keep it pristine and predictable and second rate. But safe eh Mary, like journeymen - can't risk those juniors who might crap your nappy with an Auckland Niner length of the field out-of-the-box try that belongs to more imaginative coaches? Scary things like those messy bombs.
And who was it that ran over your cones and messed up your field - Barrett, Timmins or Potter? They know about your syndrome, we suffer the constipations of the frightened child, sitting retentively on a motionless bench - clean, safe & unsoiled you Fu*kwit.

Woah, slam.

True_Believer

Juniors
A very reasonable few statements there. I have to say I agree, but there is more than bench usage that he can improve e.g. having a plan B for injuries just to name one.

Agree RNW. I was just highlighting one aspect of improvement to support the point I was making. Didn't want to go into the full list as it's already been discussed in every other thread ad nauseam.

Runner

Juniors
So yeah we'll keep it pristine and predictable and second rate. But safe eh Mary, like journeymen - can't risk those juniors who might crap your nappy with an Auckland Niner length of the field out-of-the-box try that belongs to more imaginative coaches? Scary things like those messy bombs. Might get roused on, Doust on & lose that extension.

You are quoting my post with this response?

Bench
At the moment I would give McIdiot a B for having us equal first. His use of the bench rates F.
Transitioning of our juniors to be ready for first grade F.
Overall we need a coach to get an A across the Board.
I am worried that Doust will give McIdiot an extension as his last legacy.

St Georgio

Juniors
Omg we need a smart coaching like the Panthers, Rabbits and the Storm, 3 mistakes in a row that gave the Bullgrubs a chance.
Has anyone got a slippery dip for the players to have simple fun!