What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Group H: Poland, Senegal, Colombia, Japan

Lemon Squash

First Grade
I missed the first 5 mins..Apparently a defender got sent? There’s no red icon on the scoreboard to indicate which is a little annoying

Haffa

Australia v France - Umtiti gives away penalty for handball, no card.
Columbia v Japan - Sanchez gives away penalty for handball, red card.

Why no card for Umtiti?

Vozzy

Juniors
Playing for Columbia must be nerve racking considering how die hard the fans take results. The bloke sent off is probably shitting himself if they lose or draw and miss the next stage by a point.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member

Why no card for Umtiti?

Frogs are one of the favs

Pommy

Coach

Why no card for Umtiti?

Umtiti did get a card just it was only yellow. Basically it’s down to a ref to decide what the offence was. With Umtiti the ref decided he was trying to get the ball to a favourable position, that results in a yellow and pen/free kick.
Sanchez saved a clear goal scoring opportunity and got the red.

To be honest I think the correct calls were made on both occasions.

Haffa

Umtiti did get a card just it was only yellow. Basically it’s down to a ref to decide what the offence was. With Umtiti the ref decided he was trying to get the ball to a favourable position, that results in a yellow and pen/free kick.
Sanchez saved a clear goal scoring opportunity and got the red.

To be honest I think the correct calls were made on both occasions.

Umtiti didn't get a card at all. So the ref deemed it a penalty and no card. Which was incorrect.

Pommy

Coach
Umtiti didn't get a card at all. So the ref deemed it a penalty and no card. Which was incorrect.

Just checked you’re right. I can remember the ref showing it, obviously I have dementia or something lol.

Yeah should have been a yellow for sure.