What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Race for top 4

Maroon4life

Juniors
Sharks, Dragons, Penrith, Storm in no particular order.

Expecting dragons to be printing shirts this year.

The sharks run home, aside from a trip to Melbourne, consists of games against the knights, dogs, cowboys, raiders, Manly and the broncos. Even if they drop a couple in upsets they’ll finish on 30+ points easy.

They are a lock for top 4.

BennyV

Referee
Something seriously fishy going on at the Dragons, Mary is quickly falling into the Matthew Elliot category as a coach, knows the ins and outs of the game but absolutely sucks and managing and motivating his men, the Dragons have started like bombs for a good few seasons now, unfortunately the timer on that bomb isn't set for the duration of the season and with that roster, there are no excuses

If you're a Dragons fan you're hoping that the performance against the Tigers (who are comfortably outside of the 8) was nothing more than a hangover from State of Origin with a few key players involved, they've got everything you want in a potential premiership winning side, top class halves, big mobile forwards, speed in the backs

This could be the end for Mary if he can't get his troops firing, as I said.. there's no excuses for him
Nah, he doesn't know the ins and outs of the game and could only dream of being a Matt Elliot level coach. He is a terrible tactician, a poor strategist and couldn't come up with a decent game plan to save his life. He seems to be able to motivate the team to an extent but I'd say part of that comes from undying loyalty to players no matter how poorly they perform. He fails to teach basic skills or develop players to reach their potential, had no idea how to use a bench properly and cannot adapt to changes or adversity throughout the course of a game or a season. He's been kissed on the dick with recruitment/retention and high performance staff but he is comfortably the weak point at the Dragons. He is only in his position due to his connections with Illawarra and having close friends on the board, he'd not be offered a gig at any other club.

SharkShocked

Bench
A lock for the top 4?

Christ someone is confident.

One thing i know after watching years of this stupid sport - no game is easy. Particularly toward the end of the season when the also ran teams stop playing 'grind' competitive footy and just throw the ball around.

It will be a battle to the last around and then still potentially decided on F/A.

Silent Knight

First Grade
Souffs and Melbourne will stay. I think Penrith and Drags are a good chance to drop out, replaced by 2 of Roosters, Sharks and Broncos.

giphy.gif

THE CHAMP

First Grade
So is the optimal possible top 8 (for crowds, interest week 1)

I would say:
1. Souths
2. Dragons
3. Sharks
4. Roosters
5. Storm
6. Broncos
7. Panthers
8. Warriors

Souths vs Roosters ANZ
Dragons vs Sharks SFS
Storm vs Warriors AAMI
Broncos vs Panthers Suncorp

Week 2
Sharks vs Panthers SFS
Roosters vs Storm SFS

Week 3
Souths vs Panthers ANZ
Dragons vs Roosters SFS

GRAND FINAL
Souths vs Dragons

Premiers Dragons

Who is with me :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Probably still believes in Santa

footy75

Bench
The Bunnies actually have a tough run with:
Eels (H)
Storm (H)
Rorters (H)
Brisbane (A)
Canberra (A)
Tigers (H)

I'm hoping we can win 4 of these though!

yep exactly...looking at the draw for each of those 5 teams rabbits have the hardest

Rabbits20

Immortal
yep exactly...looking at the draw for each of those 5 teams rabbits have the hardest
That can be a good thing though!

Seibs is a smart coach too and knows what he's doing. GI will be a big boost when he's back!

We may miss the top 2 but 3rd or 4th seems quite likely.

I actually think Cronulla will miss the 4 and if it wasn't for poor refing they'd have lost to both Warriors and Raiders.

Their older heads are very injury prone too and I question Moylan in the big games!

You have to be in the 4 to miss it.

Just remember winning week 1 from outside the 4 puts you in the same place as losing week 1 inside the top 4. Eventually someone outside the 4 will win it and this year it’s as close as ever.

The article on nrl.com saying Brisbane have the 2nd easiest draw has me confused.

Brisbane play Cronulla Souths and the roosters in the final 6 rounds but have an easier draw than Cronulla who have brisbane this week then only Melbourne from the top 8 in the final 5 weeks.

Could the nrl get further up Brisbane’s ass?

SBD82

Coach
Nope. You are missing my point.

He is suggesting the sharks will be the ones to miss out, but only those in the top 4 now should be discussed in this way.

Parramatta will also miss the top 4.
This is awful logic.

Unless you are suggesting that the sharks aren't aiming at the top 4, they can miss out.

Latest posts