What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shane Flanagan

The Damo

Juniors
For mine, Hasler is a great coach but a terrible recruiter and football manager. His best work was at Manly (when Fulton was pulling the recruitment/retention strings) and his first years at Canterbury, where he was handed a shitty squad and revolutionised the way they played to win the MP and make a GF. When asked to take over recruitment, retention and overall football activities, he flopped. In a system like ours, he’d do well.

That said, not my first choice.
He certainly was a great coach, and you’re right in a system like ours he probably couldn’t make the mistakes he did outside of the narrow coaching role. And I joke about it above but he really did implement some very ‘creative’ tactics. Which I’m generally all for - but he then stuck to them way past all reason, when they were obviously detrimental- which is why he’d be way down my list. Tho with the break and a change of responsibilities he might well come up with a really effective set of innovations.

J.moz

Juniors
Rumours flying around today on a radio program a caller new trent barrett family are saying he would jump at coaching dragons.

rednwhites

Juniors
Obviously you want to make an astute choice of coach, and not rush into anything but i'm honestly prepared to try any of the following just to do away with current rise and disintegrate habit under Paul.

Order of preference:
1. Demetriou
2. Bennett
3. Flanagan
4. Madge
5. Barrett
6. Griffin

ouryears

Bench
Obviously you want to make an astute choice of coach, and not rush into anything but i'm honestly prepared to try any of the following just to do away with current rise and disintegrate habit under Paul.

Order of preference:
1. Demetriou
2. Bennett
3. Flanagan
4. Madge
5. Barrett
6. Griffin
1 yes
2 yes
3 Drug cheat
4 boring style, loser
5 nope, his team is a shambles....maybe one day