What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2 months off, what to do

Eelogical

Referee
Not sure about best places. But nicest drives..... (in no particular order)

1. Thunderbolts Way - from Dungog to Armidale.
2. Armidale to Coffs Harbour via Dorrigo and Bellingen
3. Bowral/Moss Vale - Nowra via Kangaroo Valley.
4. Tumut to Cooma via Kiandra
5. Bega to Cooma via Nimmitabel
6. Katoomba - Oberon - Goulburn.

These are absolutely stunning drives scenery wise and there are plenty of lookouts to stop at along the way to get some great pics.
I've done all those except #1. Bega to Cooma and Cooma to Tumut were great drives and will always stick in the memory banks.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Not sure about best places. But nicest drives..... (in no particular order)

1. Thunderbolts Way - from Dungog to Armidale.
2. Armidale to Coffs Harbour via Dorrigo and Bellingen
3. Bowral/Moss Vale - Nowra via Kangaroo Valley.
4. Tumut to Cooma via Kiandra
5. Bega to Cooma via Nimmitabel
6. Katoomba - Oberon - Goulburn.

These are absolutely stunning drives scenery wise and there are plenty of lookouts to stop at along the way to get some great pics.
Some nice choices.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Not really into drives too much nowadays. Did a bit in my time and was great. Longest drive was the Gong to Cairns one,spent the time along the east coast roughing it up at most towns (tent), met some characters along the way. A few "what goes on tour stays on tour" stories

Drive down to Batemens bay is lovely in summer, some hidden areas before actually getting to the Bay proper. Pebble beach and Pigeon mountain to name two.

A good country drive, staying at some decent/older hotels , usually owner operated and give you some great tips . West Wylong, Wagga Wagga, Parkes, Dubbo , Orange.

Nowadays prefer to fly somewhere I like or a new place. Plus Opal is cheap as
Trying to organise a Perth trip , Next year hoping to do a Euro trip.

Been to Brisbane few times this year and had a bit of a peek around, some really lovely spots out of the city. Easy to get to and very scenic. Was at Sandgate the other day, one of the longest piers there is at 350mtrs

Not really into drives too much nowadays. Did a bit in my time and was great. Longest drive was the Gong to Cairns one,spent the time along the east coast roughing it up at most towns (tent), met some characters along the way. A few "what goes on tour stays on tour" stories

Drive down to Batemens bay is lovely in summer, some hidden areas before actually getting to the Bay proper. Pebble beach and Pigeon mountain to name two.

A good country drive, staying at some decent/older hotels , usually owner operated and give you some great tips . West Wylong, Wagga Wagga, Parkes, Dubbo , Orange.

Been to Brisbane few times this year and had a bit of a peek around, some really lovely spots out of the city. Easy to get to and very scenic. Was at Sandgate the other day, one of the longest piers there is at 350mtrs
I had a couple of good drives yesterday but then everything went to shit. Started hooking everything.

Suitman

Post Whore

I just love driving, and staring at the scenery. I'm into geography, cold climes and greenish mountain landscapes. I also love the cold, so anything at elevation is a buzz, particularly in winter.

Batemans Bay and areas down that way are superb. I've actually just booked a beach house at a south coast town for over the new year period for a week. My one and only holiday this year.

Gronk

Staff member

I went to Pebbly Beach once. At the end of a long dirt road is a beach with roos at sunrise and dusk. Straya.

images

Suitman

Post Whore
I went to Pebbly Beach once. At the end of a long dirt road is a beach with roos at sunrise and dusk. Straya.

images

Those Kanga's are actually there throughout the day. That's a great spot!!!!
I sent some Pom's there earlier this year on a drive they were doing from Sydney to Melbourne via the coast.
They loved it!!

Gazzamatta

Coach
I sent some Pom's there earlier this year on a drive they were doing from Sydney to Melbourne via the coast.
They loved it!!
South Durras Beach. Excellent.

Dibs

Bench
They loved it!!
That’s good news I was worried they had been digitally added afterwards