What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Crowd Watch

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Despite everyone hating him I liked the Gallop years as crowds were strong from 2003 to 2009 and then after that it slowly started to go downwards and the fans on this forum dick weaving about getting a independent commission and now look whats happened.
How the f**k do you remember, you're a drunken stumblebum.

taipan

Referee
Despite everyone hating him I liked the Gallop years as crowds were strong from 2003 to 2009 and then after that it slowly started to go downwards and the fans on this forum dick weaving about getting a independent commission and now look whats happened.

Well you both have something in common Teddy,Gallop was easily controlled by his masters,and you by the amber slops that dribbles down your shirtfront.You both also um and aagh.
You'd probably sell your soul for 40 pieces of silver or a keg , just like our dud Tv deals.

JamesRustle

First Grade
9pm apparently

vkq0qrzlyab11.jpg
Rooster and Rabbit fans obviously not the chosen ones.

big hit!

Bench
I really dont get the ticketek system. Yesterday night category 2 was down to single seats and you couldn't purchase two tickets together. How does bay 17 magically open again?

seriously pissed off about this! f**k these ticketek merkins?

they limit the amount of tickets on sale at any one time. cat 2 rabbits on tuesday was bay 56 row m. you can get cat 2 bay 54 now row j. sure, it's still Level 2, but it's further toward centre of field and a few rows closer to the fence, rather than the back corner of the grandstand on tuesday.

their system of auto allocating the seats for you is just shit. bought half priced tix to book of mormon through ticketmaster same day i bought tix to this game. i was able choose section, row and seat and have been able to do this for any ticketmaster event.

i'm sure there are a heap of folks who wnet on early in the week, find out that the seats available are shit, and decide not to bother at all. as if merkins are going to regularly check back to see if better tix are available? we're conditioned to first in best dressed yet the ticketek screw you over. they can f**k right off. so can the NRL and i'll be telling them so right now. make shit hard and folks decide not to go.

big hit!

Bench
FMD. The scheduling for that game is a f**king disgrace.

it would be unfair for Cronulla to get an 8-day break, and Souths only 6 days. For the fairness and integrity of the competition, the right decision was made and both Cronulla and SOuths get 7 days each.

In contrast in the AFL, Collingwood are being heavily disadvantaged with a 6-day break after their semi final. Melbourne are getting an 8-day break. But the AFL GF is on Saturday and Richmond as minor premier and Week 1 final winner are given the advantage - possible 8-day break vs 7 days for the winner of West Coast / Melbourne. There's been a lot of talk in the AFL community about how Collingwood have been f**ked over going into this prelim, and how the AFL got their Week 1 schedule wrong.

The NRL Grand Finalists will get 8 & 9 day break which is less of a concern recovery wise.

miguel de cervantes

First Grade
hopefully they don't announce a sold out
(a) because it never is and
(b) this always signals to the public to stay at home and watch it on telly

i guess what usually happens is some journo rings up ticketek, asks how things are tracking, they say it is practically or heading towards a sell out, journo spouts sold out headline, gameday comes, 39k, everyone whines.

the nrl need to control the narrative for this sort of thing.

jim_57

Staff member
it would be unfair for Cronulla to get an 8-day break, and Souths only 6 days. For the fairness and integrity of the competition, the right decision was made and both Cronulla and SOuths get 7 days each.

I don't really agree with this at all to be honest. Since when is 6 days a short turnaround? The team with the "short turnaround" will get a chance at a longer turnaround for the grand final which is probably a risk many would be willing to take on I'd think.

Plus the minor premiers should have the shot at the longer lead in to the grand final if they win in week 1, instead we cater to a team that lost in week 1.