What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Crowd Watch

TheFrog

Coach
No one cares what the afl are doing.
A hundred thousand expected tonite. Sold out in hours. Scalpers charging and getting thousands. People camped outside the ground for days for MCG members tickets. You've got to be in awe of how this sport has Melbourne in its thrall.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
A hundred thousand expected tonite. Sold out in hours. Scalpers charging and getting thousands. People camped outside the ground for days for MCG members tickets. You've got to be in awe of how this sport has Melbourne in its thrall.
No I don't.

Billythekid

First Grade

You have to remember that you can't compare us to the AFL. we only play in the same cities, at the same time of year, in the same timeslots, with almost identical coverage on TV, with about the same level of history the AFL have and with about the same priced tickets.

But you need to remember that our comps totally can't be compared.

Hardly. :joy: But thanks for making your personal view known. Useful insight.

Easily the two best supported sides in the AFL, historically. No surprise.

If Eels played Dogs this weekend, ANZ would also be at capacity or very close.

You have to remember that you can't compare us to the AFL. we only play in the same cities, at the same time of year, in the same timeslots, with almost identical coverage on TV, with about the same level of history the AFL have and with about the same priced tickets.

Another one. Jesus wept.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member

There are certainly things that are worth looking at with regards to both codes, but I don't see any worth or value in the constant comparison. It's not instructive, helpful and doesn't do either code any good in the long term.

Hawkins

Juniors
I went to my first AFL game this year. Its hard to watch. But I'm sure they say the same about league.

I also got stuck watching sydney news on channel 9 a few weeks back and thought it was funny that on the same day as the AFL super show down between Sydney and other Sydney in the AFL the sports report did not mention AFL.

hats off to the sport for all the millions of fans that bleed AFL but if you don't care you just don't care.

barneybuck888

Juniors

Why are people so obsessed with the AFL? We are not going to beat their crowds any time soon so
we should just be concerned with our game and try to make it bigger and better.
It would help if the stupid NRL didnt schedule matches against the AFL finals in Melbourne for starters Why wasnt the Storm match on Saturday?.

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
probably the same as sydney crowds
ohsnap-blackpeople-gif-5520788

Billythekid

First Grade
Why are people so obsessed with the AFL? We are not going to beat their crowds any time soon so
It would help if the stupid NRL didnt schedule matches against the AFL finals in Melbourne for starters Why wasnt the Storm match on Saturday?.

No one on this forum is obsessed with the AFL and that's the same fallacy constantly paraded around on this forum. Making the occasional comparison to our direct rival isn't an obsession.

I don't understand the confusion either. They're our direct competitor and they do a hell of a lot right that the NRL could learn from. No one expects the NRL to suddenly average 36K a game but we could do a whole lot better so why not look at what they're doing better?

There are certainly things that are worth looking at with regards to both codes, but I don't see any worth or value in the constant comparison. It's not instructive, helpful and doesn't do either code any good in the long term.

We're just random people on message boards, our comparisons between the 2 effect absolutely no one just like the rest of the posts on here.

If you mean the media well y'all better get used to it because they're our direct competition and no matter how much it makes people on here froth at the mouth we're going to be compared.

I agree that we have our own problems we should focus on and not everything needs to be compared with the AFL. But this constant fear of any comparison where everyone immediately jumps on the attack and calls you a gay slur and will desperately find any excuse to deflect any comparisons between the 2 is childish and dumb.

Making a comparison between the 2 doesn't make you an AFL fan, gay, an idiot or any of the other insults that are constantly thrown around. Also despite the constant arguments otherwise the AFL is the best sport to compare ourselves to because they play in such similar conditions to us.

It's the trolls that can't get enough of it.

DIOGENES

Juniors
Richmond v Collingwood this year got literally 10 times that for a regular season match, and the prelim tonight get 200k if capacity allowed it.
There is a lot we can learn from that code.
This implies that the AFL Commission has done something to achive this. I think we learn more about the psyche of people in the southern states rather than about the game

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Richmond v Collingwood this year got literally 10 times that for a regular season match, and the prelim tonight get 200k if capacity allowed it.
There is a lot we can learn from that code.
Go and learn it at an afl forum..

All these clowns who jizz their pants at a big crowd.

Let me ask you this afl lovers - if the afl is so great why has it failed to infiltrate anywhere else other than the brainwashed states?

moffla

Bench
Who says I love AFL? I find the game incredibly confusing and quite frankly, boring. Don't just assume I like it because I am a storm fan. I'm not going to cover my eyes though and pretend like they're irrelevant, particularly when they directly impact NRL crowds.

Latest posts