What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jack Wighton - Nightclub Fight (Still gets paid)

Timbo

Staff member
and a headbutt.. What you don't get is that a professional footballer weighing around 100kgs throwing punches isn't like some average joe on the street. I would be amazed if he doesn't repeat offend.

So much this.

If a wasted professional footballer walks up to you, is in your face and starts throwing a few, you aren't thinking to yourself 'eh, just a love tap'.

Chief_Chujo

First Grade
Look I agree its deplorable behaviour and deserving of punishment. I just don't agree that he should have been jailed for it.

carcharias

Immortal
Look I agree its deplorable behaviour and deserving of punishment. I just don't agree that he should have been jailed for it.

Just wait until some pissed f**kwit throwing punches at strangers kills someone before you start locking them up?

wittyfan

Referee
I love this part.

In court, Whighton said his family had paid the price for his actions, saying "it has been difficult on everyone".

"My partner, she has to look after two little girls … it's been breaking her down a little bit," he said.

Maybe she wouldn't have suffered if Wighton wasn't a grub who attacked people unprovoked in the street. Her suffering unfortunately will be a lifetime of living with this jerk, unless she has the good sense to dump his arse.

Lol! I love their fights on Instagram!

TheFrog

Coach
It was a few pissy punches and some chest puffing.

Wightons a dickhead and I'd be glad to be rid of him. But the stories made it out like he was on a coward punching rampage throwing haymakers throughout the city.
Is that not what happened?

nick87

Coach
The footage was exactly as the accusations suggested

A drunken f**kwit assaulting people without any physical provocation. He should have been sacked imo.

As for the setencing, it’s entirely in line with most cases of this type. Which is a problem, this sort of thing should be more harshly punished

carcharias

Immortal
Also
Him as a footy player has had this sort of shit drummed into him over and over.

Raiders should sack him.
Other clubs do it.

firechild

First Grade
If he got sacked, the Cowboys or Rabbitohs would just sign him. Not much of a lesson for him unfortunately. NRL should step in and deregiser him. Not likely given Fudge did much worse and is rolled out like some kind of redemption story because he's managed to not kill anyone in the last 2 seasons.

nick87

Coach
I don't get the raiders stance, he isn't even that talented.

Someone on the GH made this comment yesterday but given the players we’ve sacked over the years for off field issues, this is a strange choice to die on hill with.

He’s not close to the talent Carney was

2 weeks

Coach
You’re all missing the point about his punishment which hasn’t been published
1. He remains under the tutelage of Ricky
2. Privately, he would ‘be hurtin in the sheds’

More footage of Jack's arrest

U0s32HDNb3SzA2T0K3T8kbGOx8L-BOOXzT3kBXRSRie2OInLx197YHWfqxVUuBWW4RozmAIui4NsmECvQ8QYLIAZYp1vn5HOYGcsuo6R2549BDTo7kff6wyUQ_HBUrTBtyWUn8vN

carcharias

Immortal
Same merkin that king hit Feki ?

Lucky for Feki the merkin can’t throw em to save his life.

He has form .
Should be sacked.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
If he got sacked, the Cowboys or Rabbitohs would just sign him. Not much of a lesson for him unfortunately. NRL should step in and deregiser him. Not likely given Fudge did much worse and is rolled out like some kind of redemption story because he's managed to not kill anyone in the last 2 seasons.

Packer actually did gaol time and missed a season (or was it two?) though, plus he got sacked.... you’d think Wighton should at least be forced to sit a year out of footy.

Saxon

Bench
I was expecting the footage to be rough as but it's pretty tame tbh.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-11-14/jack-wighton-avoids-jail-over-assault/10495980

If you lot want first offenders locked up for that we're gonna need some more jails.
You're an idiot. All it needed for one of those to connect properly and then you are looking at serious damage.
Jail a few high profile f**kwits when they do this sort of shit and it'll do more to stop this sort of behaviour than a hundred Danny Green "Coward punch" commercials

Latest posts