What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs rumours, signings, injuries etc

assess5

Juniors
To be fair, AJ played the last part of the season with a hamstring tear and busted shoulder. If you watch his games in the first half of the season, he was playing a lot stronger than the 2nd half. Obviously the coach and the senior playing group wanted him there even though he was clearly injured.
Rob Jennings is one dimensional- any winger could have scored the tries he was gifted.
Yes he is strong, but he has no speed off the mark.
That is why they wanted to keep AJ rather than Jennings

There were four or five games in the beginning of the season, about from the third game on, when Johnston seemed to have improved defensively, he had four games when he did tackle but then he reverted to his old powder puff self.
Now there is a lot of time between, lets say game seven or eight till the end of the season, that's a long time to carry an injury.
If what you say about injuries is true (I have no reason to doubt you or believe you) then South medical/rehab team need to be removed and replaced. To carry injuries into games for so long must result in permanent damage.

We have all watched Johnston for a number of years and he has glaring weaknesses in defence.

Maybe Bennett the wonder coach can sort him out - here's hoping.

Wolfman

Juniors
This was always going to happen. The cap auditors must be knocking. It was reported last month we were one of six clubs that would need to offload a player or two and Musgrove and Jennings seem to be two. The sobering fact is if we actually want to buy top shelf next year we’ll probably have to loose a twin or two. An even sadder fact is we are in this hole until Sammy, GI or Cookie leave, at least the next 2 to 3 years. The upside is we’ve recruited some real promising young kids that could fill holes over the coming years. That’s why I’m really looking forward to NSWCup and Under 20s at Redfern next year.

Meanwhile over at Bondi Junction the Rorters have got room under their sombrero for another international. It wouldn't surprise me one bit if they sign Pangai Junior for 2020.

250excf

Juniors
Meanwhile over at Bondi Junction the Rorters have got room under their sombrero for another international. It wouldn't surprise me one bit if they sign Pangai Junior for 2020.
It’s becoming extremely transparent to all with half a brain that Politis runs the nrl and Greenberg is his puppet look at their roster last 6 or 7 years
What team can afford the best half and fullback in the world in 1 off season Faaaark off Rodgers you are ruining our great game the disrespect I and many have for u is blood curdling
You are pathetic rich boys no soul arrogant wankers

250excf

Juniors
I heard on the grape vine that jennings has signed with the tigers :dizzy_face:
So we prefer to keep a guy that refuses to put his body on the line can’t tackle but has great acceleration to a guy that kick returns like a Mack truck and can tackle that will do me where’s the goer in our team if Jennings i

assess5

Juniors
So we prefer to keep a guy that refuses to put his body on the line can’t tackle but has great acceleration to a guy that kick returns like a Mack truck and can tackle that will do me where’s the goer in our team if Jennings i

Don't think I'm allowed agree with that statement.

Wolfman

Juniors
It’s becoming extremely transparent to all with half a brain that Politis runs the nrl and Greenberg is his puppet look at their roster last 6 or 7 years
What team can afford the best half and fullback in the world in 1 off season Faaaark off Rodgers you are ruining our great game the disrespect I and many have for u is blood curdling
You are pathetic rich boys no soul arrogant wankers

I don't wan't to turn this into a Rooster bashing thread ( as much as I'd love to ) but I just want to add that they lose Blake Ferguson and gain Brett Morris and Ryan Hall...not bad. Enough said on the Rorters, I promise.:p

callmack1

Staff member
A bit disappointed to hear about Jennings to be honest, I really like him as a player mainly for his kick returns. he gets our sets started so well and it takes a lot of pressure off the forwards and Cookie.

At least now we'll have red hot pace on the wing again!! Not saying that Jennings was slow but AJ burns him for speed easily.

250excf

Juniors
Mr rabbitoad revisits with a new email and username lol
Mate are y f@#$en geniused I’m not rabitoad how many times do I have to keep defending myself and repeating the same crap grow a brain or F off you moron
Stop carrying on with the same bull rap talk some footy or p off
Put me on ignore if ur tiny little imbecile brain can’t work out I’m not this rabitoad
F off n don’t even bother idiot

250excf

Juniors
A bit disappointed to hear about Jennings to be honest, I really like him as a player mainly for his kick returns. he gets our sets started so well and it takes a lot of pressure off the forwards and Cookie.

At least now we'll have red hot pace on the wing again!! Not saying that Jennings was slow but AJ burns him for speed easily.
Jennings didn’t seem to be held back by not having as much speed he scored the third most tries in 2018
However how on earth is AJ going to get us on the front foot with his gay don’t touch me kick returns
It doesn’t make any sense we gain speed that we obviously didn’t need and lose the only guy that returns kicks like a Mack truck
On another note can u stop this idiot Handyskirt constantly labelling me as some Rabitoad fella I’m over it every post it’s the same shit with this idiot he just refuses to deal with the truth

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Jennings didn’t seem to be held back by not having as much speed he scored the third most tries in 2018
However how on earth is AJ going to get us on the front foot with his gay don’t touch me kick returns
It doesn’t make any sense we gain speed that we obviously didn’t need and lose the only guy that returns kicks like a Mack truck
On another note can u stop this idiot Handyskirt constantly labelling me as some Rabitoad fella I’m over it every post it’s the same shit with this idiot he just refuses to deal with the truth

I am trying to understand your point of view. Why you would want to keep a player purely on kick returns? Gagai and GI both have fantastic kick returns and with rumours that GI will be moved back to fullback we’re not really losing anything with Jennings leaving.

Don’t get me wrong I think Jennings is a good player but he’s obviously asking for more money than we than think his worth. You can’t deny that AJ is a top winger and what he lacks for in kick returns and tackle busts he definitely makes up for with linebreaks and tries (when he is playing on the wing).

Why pay more money than we need too for Jennings when we have a capable replacement in Graham or potentially Allan/Hiroti? We have options and I don’t believe Jennings is the be all and end all.

250excf

Juniors
Simple answer is I don’t think any nrl level team can afford to have any player in the team that simply can’t tackle and constantly refuses to put their body on the line

Galeforce

Bench
Simple answer is I don’t think any nrl level team can afford to have any player in the team that simply can’t tackle and constantly refuses to put their body on the line

I am sick of the AJ bashing. Some folks have NO idea.

First - AJ vs Jennings for same money ..........AJ any day of the week. He is faster and has great hands and is the best finisher at Souths. hands down

Anyone mentioning , Jennings try scoring record in 2018 . AJ would have scored all of those tries .............look closely , how many tries did AJ have a hand in in 2018?

Kick Returns? the best winger Kick returner in 2018 was Kennar until he got injured.Sure Jennings does this role well as well , Mansour is great kick returner , how many games does he miss due to injury. I would prefer AJ to all the kick returners. AJ is looking for space and gaps and he finds them he is through.......he is not a Bash and barge winger. Some of you fools , would have dropped Churchill because he did not try and run over players..........he looked for gaps.Churchill was under 80 kg.AJ is a smarter player , if he is given no space he can be contained , like all great speedsters. Is Jimmy the Jet a barger or a hole finder?Why do some of you drool over getting him back?

As for AJ defence..."cannot tackle"? get glasses please. His tackling may not be as tough as GI's however it is not an issue and certainly his defensive reads/commitment are no worse than any of our backline with the exclusion of GI.

themacemaceman

Juniors
Maybe take your own advice and put him on ignore bro?

tbunny

Juniors
If Jennings is going to all these places that everyone says he is, how come he is still training with us?

250excf

Juniors
I am sick of the AJ bashing. Some folks have NO idea.

First - AJ vs Jennings for same money ..........AJ any day of the week. He is faster and has great hands and is the best finisher at Souths. hands down

Anyone mentioning , Jennings try scoring record in 2018 . AJ would have scored all of those tries .............look closely , how many tries did AJ have a hand in in 2018?

Kick Returns? the best winger Kick returner in 2018 was Kennar until he got injured.Sure Jennings does this role well as well , Mansour is great kick returner , how many games does he miss due to injury. I would prefer AJ to all the kick returners. AJ is looking for space and gaps and he finds them he is through.......he is not a Bash and barge winger. Some of you fools , would have dropped Churchill because he did not try and run over players..........he looked for gaps.Churchill was under 80 kg.AJ is a smarter player , if he is given no space he can be contained , like all great speedsters. Is Jimmy the Jet a barger or a hole finder?Why do some of you drool over getting him back?

As for AJ defence..."cannot tackle"? get glasses please. His tackling may not be as tough as GI's however it is not an issue and certainly his defensive reads/commitment are no worse than any of our backline with the exclusion of GI.
Firstly who says or knows they are on the same money.. so that’s a pointless argument to start with
Secondly nobody is saying AJ would not have scored the tries Jennings did ....another pointless and irrelavent argument
Thirdly Kennar was not their most of the season another pointless observation
Fourth.....nobody said AJ isn’t way faster he just refuses to hit the line hard on kick returns when their is no obvious space he cowers and goes to ground
The jet hits the line hard when no space
I’m also of the opinion like many that AJ has weaknesses in defence did you not watch our final against the Roosters it was glaringly obvious
Oh and finally I’d strongly advise you who you call a fool and have no idea not the smartest thing to do when you don’t have any idea who your dealing with
Also every is entitled to an opinion get used to it :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

Galeforce

Bench
Firstly who says or knows they are on the same money.. so that’s a pointless argument to start with
Secondly nobody is saying AJ would not have scored the tries Jennings did ....another pointless and irrelavent argument
Thirdly Kennar was not their most of the season another pointless observation
Fourth.....nobody said AJ isn’t way faster he just refuses to hit the line hard on kick returns when their is no obvious space he cowers and goes to ground
The jet hits the line hard when no space
I’m also of the opinion like many that AJ has weaknesses in defence did you not watch our final against the Roosters it was glaringly obvious
Oh and finally I’d strongly advise you who you call a fool and have no idea not the smartest thing to do when you don’t have any idea who your dealing with
Also every is entitled to an opinion get used to it :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

I will only respond to your point 1) which will identify your LOGICAL deficiencies .

Anyone comparing players without knowing their salary is already on a pointless and irrelevant argument , as you like to state. My point which you did not comprehend ,was AJ or Jennings on the same money , I go with AJ. In other words , my opinion on both players was on basis they were on same money. If I knew what they were on / wanted , then I may have a different view. You are making comparisons without any reference to their salaries ......for that reason I call it foolish

Last edited: