What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Fights || Modern Day vs Old Days

Sirro wanted no part of the biff. He was a cleanskin.

Bundy was a good player but also a thug. Would react to the slightest perceived slight.

Indeed...I remember him more at your club than Souths (just like I think of Mario as a Bear).

I recently read an old article from the late 80's in the final RLW issue, where Bundy was saying the league was full of "fake hard men" now (lol), and one of them went on the Roo tour of 86 with him and he was gonna sort him out.

And you're right about Sirro, I can't think of one time he ever threw a punch despite being one of the biggest, most imposing looking players of one of the roughest eras. Ian Roberts on the other hand....

Seb Paez

Juniors
Needs more betham v macguire
Oh mate the full vid used to be on youtube but it dissapeared and theres only a crummy old pixelated version uploaded from over 10 years ago. Dw ill be uploading some fights over the next few weeks from the days gone past ..... watch this space

TDD91

Juniors
The classic British fighter of the 90s was Kelvin Skerrett, (played a handful of games for Wests, he still counts!) deciding here that 10 on 1 sounded like a fair fight.

Or the time he slightly 'missed' the brawl and took out the ref.

Mind you, the brawl between Newtown and Manly in the 1981 Minor Semi Final was hectic, especially when Steve Bowden and mark Broadhurst went at each other. Tops most of the ones already in this thread in my book -