What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Broncos Training - They're in love with the coco

Music to Broncos’ ears: Seibs’ pumping playlist replaces Bennett’s stony silence

Electronic music blaring at Brisbane training?

Hip hop ditties about drugs echoing around Cyril Connell Performance Centre?

Ball skills in December?

It wouldn’t happen on Wayne’s watch.

Any doubts that the Broncos had entered a bold new era were quickly dismissed upon arrival at coach Anthony Seibold’s training session with a difference on Thursday.

The hits kept coming at Red Hill — and that was before the tackling pads were dusted off by Seibold’s new staff.

Players were greeted upon arrival with a staff member set up as a DJ on the sidelines.

As Seibold alternated brutal running drills with high intensity match situations, the Broncos pumped out a playlist that seemed more at home down the road at the Fortitude Valley nightclub precinct.

High tempo techno pounded, then hip hop, followed by some more frenzied electronic tunes.

Judging by the players’ reaction the most popular cut was Djniqo’s “I’m in love with the Coco”, a catchy jingle about an affection for cocaine.

While the playlist was set up by new assistant Paul Devlin, Seibold is clearly marching to his own beat at Red Hill.

“He’s definitely changed the way we do things around here,” Broncos prop Matt Lodge said.

Seibold vowed to “do it my way” when he finally took over the Broncos reins on Monday after an ugly month-long coach swap saga with Bennett.

Still, few would have been prepared for Thursday’s session.

“It’s festival season so the boys are getting ready,” Lodge laughed when asked about the music.

“It’s better than running with head noise. We are pushing it to the limit so anything helps.”

Bennett did once write a book called “Don’t Die with the Music In You” but a DJ at Broncos training was not quite what he had in mind.

Lodge laughed when asked what 68-year-old Bennett would have made of it all.

“Wayne would probably have a different playlist I reckon. He’d be more country and western, something like that,” Lodge grinned.

While some song selections raised eyebrows, the big shock came later — ball skills.

Bennett has always focused on fitness before the Christmas-New Year break — and in stony silence.

But Seibold alternated with ball work and running drills throughout a session that was as relentless as the soundtrack.

“I’m a massive fan of working on skills (early),” Lodge said.

That would no doubt be music to Seibold’s ears.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...e/news-story/2110729e610e7d248bcd9213d740b02d

It's good to see the toilet seat sniffers admit it...

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
There have been reports of songs with naughty words being played as well. Won’t somebody please think of the children.

Don’t know why music isn’t used more to get the bit more out of fitness sessions. I know without my slipknot playlist my 5 and 10km times would be horrendous

How progressive, creating a nightclub environment to appeal to the younger generation. Did they also have Thaiday, Darius & Roberts showing the players how to navigate a toilet cubicle?

Logistically a 3 man cubicle configuration would be hard to navigate, but the boys from Brisbane find a way.

There have been reports of songs with naughty words being played as well. Won’t somebody please think of the children.

Don’t know why music isn’t used more to get the bit more out of fitness sessions. I know without my slipknot playlist my 5 and 10km times would be horrendous

DMX helps me bench press more.

Ricky tells Greg he's a better halfback than Langer:

Ahhh the 94 Grand Final. I remember that game, and moment well.

Fun Fact: A few weeks later both Ricky Stuart and Alan Langer went on the Kangaroo tour. Premiership winning halfback Ricky Stuart took the Kangaroos 7 jersey and relegated Langer to Emu status for the 2nd straight Kangaroo tour. Good times.

THE CHAMP

First Grade
Ahhh the 94 Grand Final. I remember that game, and moment well.

Fun Fact: A few weeks later both Ricky Stuart and Alan Langer went on the Kangaroo tour. Premiership winning halfback Ricky Stuart took the Kangaroos 7 jersey and relegated Langer to Emu status for the 2nd straight Kangaroo tour. Good times.

Didn't Stuart once say he would be happy to win one game in a soo series?
Good times

King hit

Coach
Didn't Stuart once say he would be happy to win one game in a soo series?
Good times

I still find it funny how you Queenslanders never admit Stuart dominated Langer in head to head contests winning 4 of 5 Origin series against him whilst doing a number on him in quite a few matches won 3 premierships to 2 during Stuart’s golden years and off course won tests after Langer didn’t perform.

AJB1102

First Grade
Ricky tells Greg he's a better halfback than Langer:

I'd love refs to treat captains who keep wanting a chat that way. Can't with the mics but just call time on and ping the merkin for offside until he gets the point. 3 in a row and 10 in the bin.

I can't remember when it started but in-game coaching by refs and a responsibility to explain each of their decisions to players shits me up the wall.

I even yell at the telly for Lord Gallen to STFU and get on with it.

gUt

Coach
You Stuart fans cling to the odd flash in the pan that he happened to be on the field for that far better players ie the Canberra 1-6 and 8-17 should rightfully get all the credit for.

What you don't take into consideration is Langer vs Stuart's coaching careers. Langer hasn't coached a game and is clearly far better than Stuart.

King hit

Coach
You Stuart fans cling to the odd flash in the pan that he happened to be on the field for that far better players ie the Canberra 1-6 and 8-17 should rightfully get all the credit for.

What you don't take into consideration is Langer vs Stuart's coaching careers. Langer hasn't coached a game and is clearly far better than Stuart.

Canberra weren’t the same team without Stuart though. 1993 the prime example.

Canard

Immortal
I understand that this was a simple case of misheard lyrics and the Broncos believed the "o" in Coco was a "k".

Latest posts