What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Broncos Training - They're in love with the coco

Reflector

Juniors
Music to Broncos’ ears: Seibs’ pumping playlist replaces Bennett’s stony silence

Electronic music blaring at Brisbane training?

Hip hop ditties about drugs echoing around Cyril Connell Performance Centre?

Ball skills in December?

It wouldn’t happen on Wayne’s watch.

Any doubts that the Broncos had entered a bold new era were quickly dismissed upon arrival at coach Anthony Seibold’s training session with a difference on Thursday.

The hits kept coming at Red Hill — and that was before the tackling pads were dusted off by Seibold’s new staff.

Players were greeted upon arrival with a staff member set up as a DJ on the sidelines.

As Seibold alternated brutal running drills with high intensity match situations, the Broncos pumped out a playlist that seemed more at home down the road at the Fortitude Valley nightclub precinct.

High tempo techno pounded, then hip hop, followed by some more frenzied electronic tunes.

Judging by the players’ reaction the most popular cut was Djniqo’s “I’m in love with the Coco”, a catchy jingle about an affection for cocaine.

While the playlist was set up by new assistant Paul Devlin, Seibold is clearly marching to his own beat at Red Hill.

“He’s definitely changed the way we do things around here,” Broncos prop Matt Lodge said.

Seibold vowed to “do it my way” when he finally took over the Broncos reins on Monday after an ugly month-long coach swap saga with Bennett.

Still, few would have been prepared for Thursday’s session.

“It’s festival season so the boys are getting ready,” Lodge laughed when asked about the music.

“It’s better than running with head noise. We are pushing it to the limit so anything helps.”

Bennett did once write a book called “Don’t Die with the Music In You” but a DJ at Broncos training was not quite what he had in mind.

Lodge laughed when asked what 68-year-old Bennett would have made of it all.

“Wayne would probably have a different playlist I reckon. He’d be more country and western, something like that,” Lodge grinned.

While some song selections raised eyebrows, the big shock came later — ball skills.

Bennett has always focused on fitness before the Christmas-New Year break — and in stony silence.

But Seibold alternated with ball work and running drills throughout a session that was as relentless as the soundtrack.

“I’m a massive fan of working on skills (early),” Lodge said.

That would no doubt be music to Seibold’s ears.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...e/news-story/2110729e610e7d248bcd9213d740b02d

It's good to see the toilet seat sniffers admit it...

I didn't realise 'the players' was the new journalistic code name for James Roberts?

Fat Tony Kandos

Juniors
It is always better to train harder and as close to the type of conditions you play in.

As such, the music will not be playing when the chips are down during a crucial game.

This was demonstrated to the Broncos when Saints belted the absolute living shit out of them in the 2018 Finals Series.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
It is always better to train harder and as close to the type of conditions you play in.

As such, the music will not be playing when the chips are down during a crucial game.

This was demonstrated to the Broncos when Saints belted the absolute living shit out of them in the 2018 Finals Series.
The sound of complete silence will help the roosters for their home games

Latest posts