What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Zealand v Sri Lanka: 3 ODI's, 1 T20. January 2019

vvvrulz

Coach
Third ODI is off, SL bowl and NZ are 27-1 after Guptill nicked off to gully again.

Bit of a weakness Malinga may be exploiting?

JJ

Immortal
Munro is a flog...

While not quite Strayan selection geniusedness why the f**k is Bracewell not playing this game????

JJ

Immortal
I love Taylor but seriously you'd think he could run between the wickets by now

Meth

Staff member
ha. Totally missed that it started at 11.

Can't fathom why Bracewell hasn't been picked

Meth

Staff member
This partnership is good to see. Would like to see them both post triple figurers. They've both got close this series and missed out.

JJ

Immortal
Apparently with a min of 50 innings together Taylor and Williamson have the second highest average partnership in ODI history... pretty amazing, Taylor probably only behind Kohli in ODI ATM

If that flog Munro can get flukey we're a serious shot at the WC again

vvvrulz

Coach
I don’t have confidence that Munro can pull off what BMac did for us in 2015; he just doesn’t have any semblance of defence and good bowling will generally sort him out.

Taylor is quite underrated especially after he got his eyes sorted, been in incredible form since.

JJ

Immortal
Munro is a hack no mistake I don't care what his first class record says

Williamson is in sublime form, then consistently getting himself out for no reason. Poor shot selection again but seems almost like he wants to try the impossible at times. A waste he and Taylor were dominating

Meth

Staff member
Nicholls needs to be there at the end, for mine. He's been disappointing in ODI's in 2018/19 thus far and has never really got going in this format IMO

JJ

Immortal
Nicholls needs to be there at the end, for mine. He's been disappointing in ODI's in 2018/19 thus far and has never really got going in this format IMO
Not sure he beats Latham for that role. Latham at 5 and keeping could allow us more power in 6-8 and bowling options (Neesham, Colin, Santner) which could both be important in the WC

Meth

Staff member
Not sure he beats Latham for that role. Latham at 5 and keeping could allow us more power in 6-8 and bowling options (Neesham, Colin, Santner) which could both be important in the WC

No, he doesn't. Latham is a lock at 5 ahead of Nicholls. I am not even sure Nicholls gets in the squad right now.

Meth

Staff member
NZ are now well placed for a big total here. 200 up, 35 overs gone, 3 wickets down. Pretty good job from these two.

Meth

Staff member
I guess the selection of Nicholls as the back up batsmen assumes that Latham is a back up opener. To me, selecting Worker might make more sense if Munro is seen as a liability.

Which looks better?

Guptill
Worker
Williamson
Taylor
Latham

or

Guptill
Latham
Williamson
Taylor
Nicholls

JJ

Immortal
I guess the selection of Nicholls as the back up batsmen assumes that Latham is a back up opener. To me, selecting Worker might make more sense if Munro is seen as a liability.

Which looks better?

Guptill
Worker
Williamson
Taylor
Latham

or

Guptill
Latham
Williamson
Taylor
Nicholls