What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 media predictions

jeffdragon

Bench
Heard Peter Zorba Peters on Sunday saying we won't make the 8..
He said Corey Norman is not a good signing.
If anyone else hears any predictions please add to thread.
I thought he must be kidding.

BLM01

First Grade
Zorba would probably still say Manly will win the comp. He'll never change. I would'nt worry too much about his predictions. But he has a 50/50 chance of being right or wrong.
Same As Slothfield predicting Dragons could win the comp. Bet he cant wait for us to start failing.

ouryears

Bench
Manly was and still is a rabble.
Des ain't a good signing as coach
He coaches grass to grow slow
Boring, he has got nothing
Coaches like it's 1980
Zorba will be eating humble pie

Gareth67

First Grade
Manly was and still is a rabble.
Des ain't a good signing as coach
He coaches grass to grow slow
Boring, he has got nothing
Coaches like it's 1980
Zorba will be eating humble pie

Well said old son !

That bloke was ever so overrated , I mean really overrated. Played better footy at the Eels , but began to stuff too much food and vino into his big gob once he went to Manly . Not to worry as our Barry Beath sorted the beggar out one Saturday afternoon at the S.C.G.

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
Zorba would probably still say Manly will win the comp. He'll never change. I would'nt worry too much about his predictions. But he has a 50/50 chance of being right or wrong.
Same As Slothfield predicting Dragons could win the comp. Bet he cant wait for us to start failing.

Very true mate.
Zorbas top 8 would be food related names and Slothfield can't lay straight in bed.

denis preston

First Grade
Very true mate.
Zorbas top 8 would be food related names and Slothfield can't lay straight in bed.

Zorba & Hartley actually revolutionised radio calling in the 80"s.It was very good.Lot better compared to Col Pearce & Tiger Black !! Dont mind that Zorba has an opinion and you cant say he doesn't say what he thinks ( unlike a lot of the other freeloaders and NRL dependent feeders ) .don't agree with him sometimes ( like here ) but he doesn't talk in riddles like Hughes or has real agenda's ( apart from manly ! ) like Tallis & Rothfield.

BLM01

First Grade
Zorba & Hartley actually revolutionised radio calling in the 80"s.It was very good.Lot better compared to Col Pearce & Tiger Black !! Dont mind that Zorba has an opinion and you cant say he doesn't say what he thinks ( unlike a lot of the other freeloaders and NRL dependent feeders ) .don't agree with him sometimes ( like here ) but he doesn't talk in riddles like Hughes or has real agenda's ( apart from manly ! ) like Tallis & Rothfield.

Zorba does call it as he sees it and yes you have to admire that over the YES men.
Love listening to Graeme Hughes on radio anyway. I dont have FOX. But he has a wealth of knowledge re the game from behind the scenes media, club executive and admin level..and he was and probably still is a good caller of football as he reads a game well. Could of been a coach with his knowledge but not with his perceived personality working with players.
But...as an ex Doggie his hatred for the Dragons comes through in everything he says and he will never change. He was one of the biggest alarmists over the Ben Hunt apparently 1.2 mill a year signing but very quiet re the Foran $1 mill signing and even the Klemmer 1.2mill a year signing.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Great so if Saints don't make the top 15, Mary will show a copy of Zorba's comments and convince the board he has over achieved and get another year or 2.

I will be surprised if Saints are not tipped for top 4 by most of the media. Their squad is awesome. The coach is the only weakness but hopefully he improves in 2019. Surely he has learnt a lot with all his past failures and cannot make the same mistakes. I really hope Baz can get an assistant role at the Dragons as I think he will provide a much better support than Angry Hornby and Young.

DragonJ

Juniors
If Widdop is fullback and neither of the new wingers work out, a distinct possibility, I agree with the ignorant fat f**k. It will be the slowest team in the history of professional RL.

possm

Coach
If Widdop is fullback and neither of the new wingers work out, a distinct possibility, I agree with the ignorant fat f**k. It will be the slowest team in the history of professional RL.

Surely, Millward would not sign two young big fast wingers who are not suitable for first grade selection. Aitken and Lafai will be let go at the end of 2019 mainly because they are not up to the job.

If Dufty improves over the off-season and demonstrates that improvement in ISP, he may well be our fullback in 2020 or he will leave.

DragonJ

Juniors
Surely, Millward would not sign two young big fast wingers who are not suitable for first grade selection. Aitken and Lafai will be let go at the end of 2019 mainly because they are not up to the job.

Surely not but look at how the team has fared for the last 6 years! 1 semi final victory. These people are idiots.

If Dufty improves over the off-season and demonstrates that improvement in ISP, he may well be our fullback in 2020 or he will leave.

I like the way you are thinking for season 2020. I'm just worried about season 2019.

If both these big, fast wingers work out the way we hope, Lafai will be good for another 2 or 3 years IMO. He is slower than a wet week but to give credit where due, he is good at using the ball, offloading, drawing and passing and etc. With a big fast winger outside him, I'm optimistic about him for the first time since he was signed.

Agree about Aitken. An interchange backline utility/forward or ISP star.