What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

El Diablo

Post Whore
https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...y/news-story/84718b4791b4bd71334d8f70df2082f9

George Burgess explains why he rejected Parramatta payday

David Riccio, The Daily Telegraph
February 21, 2019 5:11pm

George Burgess says he will show South Sydney coach Wayne Bennett why he’s worth being rewarded with a new contract after turning his back on a $1.4 million offer to immediately join Parramatta.

Just 24 hours after rejecting the Eels’ multi-year deal, the Rabbitohs enforcer has explained why he ultimately chose to reject the payday.

“Parramatta are a great club and definitely it was tempting to go out there,’’ Burgess said.

“But ultimately I decided the timing wasn’t right yet, to do that.

“To leave a club that I’ve played all my first grade games at the drop of a hat just didn’t feel right to me.

“To have played your last game (at the end of last season), not knowing it’s your last game, to me, that’s leaving at the drop of a hat.

“I want to be able to play the season out knowing that if I am leaving that I can properly say goodbye to the club that has given a lot to me and I’ve given a lot to the club.

“For me as a person, that’s the way I want it to happen — if it’s going to happen.’’

Burgess is acutely aware that he’s playing for his career at Souths in 2019 — and emotionally, the chance to keep his famous family together at the one club.

“I love playing with my brothers (Sam and Tom), it’s been a dream,’’ Burgess said.

“We’ve had a great time doing it and would love to continue, but fairytale’s don’t always last forever.’’

Bennett has told the English International that only his football will dictate whether a new offer to stay at the club will eventuate.

“The (Parramatta) deal was great, but if I play well enough footy the deal might still be there, so I’ve just got to back myself and see what happens,’’ Burgess said.

“You have to back yourself or else, you may as well not play.

“I’m always motivated to improve on last year and I want to keep getting better. I’m 26, so I feel I’ve got my best football in front of me.

“I’ve had a few rough years with injuries and my body, but I feel like I’m getting past those and I’m looking forward to the season.

“The dialogue between me and Wayne is we’re just focusing on playing this year and putting our best foot forward.

“He’s been around enough years to know that if you’re playing well, the club is going to find some space for you.

“He said that to me and so we’ll see what happens.’’

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...y/news-story/84718b4791b4bd71334d8f70df2082f9

George Burgess explains why he rejected Parramatta payday

David Riccio, The Daily Telegraph
February 21, 2019 5:11pm

George Burgess says he will show South Sydney coach Wayne Bennett why he’s worth being rewarded with a new contract after turning his back on a $1.4 million offer to immediately join Parramatta.

Just 24 hours after rejecting the Eels’ multi-year deal, the Rabbitohs enforcer has explained why he ultimately chose to reject the payday.

“Parramatta are a great club and definitely it was tempting to go out there,’’ Burgess said.

“But ultimately I decided the timing wasn’t right yet, to do that.

“To leave a club that I’ve played all my first grade games at the drop of a hat just didn’t feel right to me.

“To have played your last game (at the end of last season), not knowing it’s your last game, to me, that’s leaving at the drop of a hat.

“I want to be able to play the season out knowing that if I am leaving that I can properly say goodbye to the club that has given a lot to me and I’ve given a lot to the club.

“For me as a person, that’s the way I want it to happen — if it’s going to happen.’’

Burgess is acutely aware that he’s playing for his career at Souths in 2019 — and emotionally, the chance to keep his famous family together at the one club.

“I love playing with my brothers (Sam and Tom), it’s been a dream,’’ Burgess said.

“We’ve had a great time doing it and would love to continue, but fairytale’s don’t always last forever.’’

Bennett has told the English International that only his football will dictate whether a new offer to stay at the club will eventuate.

“The (Parramatta) deal was great, but if I play well enough footy the deal might still be there, so I’ve just got to back myself and see what happens,’’ Burgess said.

“You have to back yourself or else, you may as well not play.

“I’m always motivated to improve on last year and I want to keep getting better. I’m 26, so I feel I’ve got my best football in front of me.

“I’ve had a few rough years with injuries and my body, but I feel like I’m getting past those and I’m looking forward to the season.

“The dialogue between me and Wayne is we’re just focusing on playing this year and putting our best foot forward.

“He’s been around enough years to know that if you’re playing well, the club is going to find some space for you.

“He said that to me and so we’ll see what happens.’’
F**k off Gurgess!!!

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Why can't we try and score on the 4th tackle of a set inside opposition 20?
Because we shift on the third. Then on the fifth we kick and maybe score off that. Fourth tackle is to bring the ball back near the goal-posts. There are players in the team who will have free reign to do something different on tackle four, if they see an opportunity, but if you don't score (more likely than not - even the best teams score on fewer than half their sets inside the 20) the end result is usually a shit kick on the last.
Why must we always set up for a kick? You're basically conceding that there's no belief in the teams ability to break down the opposition.

It's for this reason the game has become predictable. A lot of teams go through the motions for 5 tackles when inside the opposition 20 setting up for a 5th tackle kick and hope.
Every team looks like it's going through the motions when the defence is doing their job. Even the best attacking team in the comp scored less than four tries per game last year. How many times do you reckon they had a set inside the opposition 20? I reckon it would've been a lot more than four.

hindy111

Post Whore
Music is as much about timing as technical. Cobain is the perfect example, he wasn't a very good guitar player in the traditional sense but his f**king timing and feel for music was incredible.

I find too technical boring, i like a bit of character in my music.

What do you play? I learnt neil young old man yest. Fun chord progression.

hindy111

Post Whore
You would've left the bag, merkin. You just would've been dripping off one of the seats on the express from Strathfield to Penrith.

Maybe we are all still in the bag. Ever thought of that?

Or we are sperms that have been blown out and earth is an egg and we are too f**king dumb to dig our way into the middle and fertilise it?

Matty Bhoy

Juniors
I think Luke on the right money, and length of contract would be a good addition for us. Surprised to read he’s apparently only on 150k this season.

Latest posts