What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels in the media

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Personally I have more faith in Dylan Brown being consistent than moses. So far Dyl has been at a consistent level in both trials, Moses has produced great moments but also shown terrible execution.
You could be right. That basically says everything you need to know about Moses.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Thanks for the history lesson, I had no idea what had happened.

So you still believe the timing of the appointment of Hagan was a good choice???

It was a poor call that started the rot, Smithy’s time had come but hiring that simpleton Hagan was not the answer.
The decision itself was poor but it didn't lead to the 5000 shit decisions that followed.

Bazal

Post Whore
The decision itself was poor but it didn't lead to the 5000 shit decisions that followed.

No it didn't, but Hagan certainly didn't manage the roster (and the lower levels of the club) well either.

It was a decision that started to undo the work Smith had done. Actually it could be argued that keeping Smith on for that long was the actual start, we know now and should have known then that Smithy does get stale as a coach.

Anyway it's all hindsight now. End of the day there have been a lot of shit decisions over a long time...

hineyrulz

Post Whore
No but decisions Hagan made sent us down that road, and just because of a GF run off the back of the Hayne and Fui combo doesn’t mean the shit started off that call in 06.

Not mention knocking our 2006 season for 6 before it had even begun. Yeah we limped into the finals in 06 but that year we had the team to win the comp.

84 Baby

Referee

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
No but decisions Hagan made sent us down that road, and just because of a GF run off the back of the Hayne and Fui combo doesn’t mean the shit started off that call in 06.

Not mention knocking our 2006 season for 6 before it had even begun. Yeah we limped into the finals in 06 but that year we had the team to win the comp.
Yeah, no arguments about Hagan and his shitness.

Gotta love being an eels fan. We have so many shit things that have happened in recent years that we can actually have a conversation about when we think we became shit!

Bazal

Post Whore
The first thing that struck me was the "depth" of forwards that the Knights have. I'd be sniffing around the Saifiti twins (although one of them has a broken leg)

Weird thing with the Knights is they've signed blokes like Tim "Plod King" Glasby and James Gavet who I honestly don't reckon improve them.

Probably turned out ok given the Saifiti bar fight injury, but still. They've got some excellent young forwards who will be as good as or better than the Plod King, interesting to see what happens with them.

I think the Saifiti's are under contract, but I'd have a dip (if possible) at Kurtis Dark, Beau Fermor or Pasami Saulo.

Especially cos we could then have a front row of Paulo and Saulo!

Gronk

Staff member
So you still believe the timing of the appointment of Hagan was a good choice???

LOL, I never said that Hagan was a good thing. In fact I argued against chopping Smithy in 2006.

All I said was that our results were shit between 2009 and 2017 when we finally made the semis again.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
LOL, I never said that Hagan was a good thing. In fact I argued against chopping Smithy in 2006.

All I said was that our results were shit between 2009 and 2017 when we finally made the semis again.
Awesome!!

Thanks scoop, we were shit from 2009/17. What would we do without you.

Gronk

Staff member
Awesome!!

Thanks scoop, we were shit from 2009/17. What would we do without you.

So what were you banging on about it for ?
freakout.gif

hineyrulz

Post Whore
So what were you banging on about it for ?
freakout.gif
You replied to me first, and waffled on about shit we already know.

My first comment was about Fitzy’s shit decision to hire Hagan while we had a coach with a season to go and we have never really recovered from then. :neutral_face:

Bazal

Post Whore
You replied to me first, and waffled on about shit we already know.

My first comment was about Fitzy’s shit decision to hire Hagan while we had a coach with a season to go and we have never really recovered from then. :neutral_face:

Would it be crass of me to point out that you have been one of the posters calling for the club to pretty much do exactly the same thing now...?

;)