What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Crowd Watch

Stallion

First Grade
You think? Doesn’t help,it’s at a shit suburban ground with little cover.

Well done to the manly fans who have braved it.

Just making sure it's noted. And yes, well done to the fans that have lobbed up. We agree on that one PR.

Manly game has been negatively affected by rain. It's teeming down. Sometimes torrential! Feel a bit sorry for Manly. Things haven't gone their way. Hope it turns around for them. The only NRL club from Northern Sydney to the Central Coast and a cavalcade of things are going wrong. I also feel sorry for the rugby league fans of northern Sydney and Gosford . Undercatered for big time! But some can't see this. Locality and proximity with rivalry is extremely important in maintaining a flourishing and robust NRL presence/ dominance in Sydney.
Not exactly the case. The Roosters have more involvement in the central coast with school programs etc

Springs09

Juniors
Dont pick the worst examples and pretend that proves anything...

If Dragons, Souths and Rooster had campaigned together, they would have a deal for a great SFS (maybe even in a better location)

Youre a moron if you think the only options are what the stadiums already standing.

Simple fact for is Penrith and Brooky are never gonna get gov money for redevelopments. Panthers f*cked up when they didnt campaign for the WSS to be build in Blacktown where you can use it regulary. SeaEagles should head to the central coast.

Lol what are good examples then? Stadiums that don’t exist?

Big clubs were getting rubbish crowds last year on Thursday nights. Both Dogs v Roosters and Dogs v Eels got 8k. These games often get 20k+.

Yeah Penrith playing in blacktown what a good idea. Manly on the central coast geez I’m sure they’d get 20k sellouts on Thursday nights there!

Diesel

Referee
If only they had two more stands. Wet weather when 1/2 your ground is a grass bank isn’t appealing

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Lol what are good examples then? Stadiums that don’t exist?

Big clubs were getting rubbish crowds last year on Thursday nights. Both Dogs v Roosters and Dogs v Eels got 8k. These games often get 20k+.

Yeah Penrith playing in blacktown what a good idea. Manly on the central coast geez I’m sure they’d get 20k sellouts on Thursday nights there!

Yes how ridiculous...

i mean it would take a state government spending $billions and asking clubs to make proposals for centralise, shared stadiums.

This hasnt happened since 2016!!!!

Springs09

Juniors
Oh gosh, arent we all glad Manly are at their spiritual home!!!

It would be just terrible if they moved to somewhere with cover where fans dont get f*cking drenched.

Yeah they wouldn't get drenched because they won't be there at all. Manly fans don't go anywhere other than Brookvale.

Yes how ridiculous...

i mean it would take a state government spending $billions and asking clubs to make proposals for centralise, shared stadiums.

This hasnt happened since 2016!!!!

I asked for good examples since you said I used bad examples. What are good examples? Stadiums that don't exist are not examples you fool.

But yeah Souths v Dragons getting 10k was totally suburban grounds fault. Its not like high drawing matches in big stadiums have never got shit crowds on Thursdays despite drawing 20-35k on other days.

bizzbizz

Juniors
Why do the afl get such massive crowds? Thursday night carlton/Richmond 85k

Collingwood/Richmond get origin or grand final crowd numbers most weeks

Have to do something to get more fans through the gates

Stallion

First Grade

In Melbourne the stadiums are located in central positions with public transport and access routes purposefully in place. The marketing is much more efficient and comprehensive than in rugbyleague . They also value or market local derbies and rivalries much better. It also helps that all types of schooling (public, catholic and elite private) play AFL. This does not occur in NSW for rugby league! Therefore a widespread demographic is never reached/gained by rugby league.

azza29

Juniors

In Melbourne at least, AFL is king and there is a culture of turning up on game day, helps that all clubs play out of modern stadiums.

League on the other hand still seems like the daggy sport still stuck in the 1980s, no surprise people don’t bother turning up at Sydney’s ancient suburban grounds.

franklin2323

Immortal

Pretty much. The marketing for RL is non existent. No games before hand too. Most cases takes you longer to get too and from the game than the actual 'entertainment' goes for

Perth Red

Post Whore

One’s a modernised game played in modern stadia in a well designed city and uses its money wisely.

The other, well isnt.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
In Melbourne at least, AFL is king and there is a culture of turning up on game day, helps that all clubs play out of modern stadiums.

League on the other hand still seems like the daggy sport still stuck in the 1980s, no surprise people don’t bother turning up at Sydney’s ancient suburban grounds.
Yep - it has an attendance culture where as we have the Tele culture.

Most at the stadium angles are great for AFL, you see so much off the ball etc, where as league is only good to watch on the sideline (IMO). The transport out of the mcg to flinders and southern cross is seriously efficient. Getting to the city from anz is hell.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member

Most at the stadium angles are great for AFL, you see so much off the ball etc, where as league is only good to watch on the sideline (IMO). The transport out of the mcg to flinders and southern cross is seriously efficient. Getting to the city from anz is hell.
This basically sums up the difference.

AFL is much better watched at the ground but is awful to watch on TV, while RL is made for TV

beave

Coach

i’d say it’s more of a ‘f**k around’

driving 11hrs to Tvl from Mt Isa for a game, now that’s hell.......

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Yeah they wouldn't get drenched because they won't be there at all. Manly fans don't go anywhere other than Brookvale.

Since they wont turn up to Brookvale EITHER we are getting to the point where you need to wonder if Manly have any fans at all...

I asked for good examples since you said I used bad examples. What are good examples? Stadiums that don't exist are not examples you fool.

But yeah Souths v Dragons getting 10k was totally suburban grounds fault. Its not like high drawing matches in big stadiums have never got shit crowds on Thursdays despite drawing 20-35k on other days.

The Gov is spending $2bil on new stadiums with one last stadium still unannounced

But yeh, a new stadium is just TOO insane to imagine

Latest posts