What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Crowd Watch

T-Boon

Coach
AFL get pretty much the best crowds in the world relevant to population. They get bigger crowds than most of the super popular European soccer leagues.
Compared to population NRL crowds are on par with most sports leagues. AFL is the anomaly.

Football codes that have a 3 hour game seem to get big crowds.

DIOGENES

Juniors
saw more essendon fans than gws fans out here
New
10 of them were my sister’s family including a 5 week old baby. My brother in law, the ex-Jesuit, once told me that his family had supported Essendon since 1896. He got really upset when I burst out laughing and said my family had supported Annandale since 1908.

10+ of them make the trek from Maitland to Sydney twice a year and 1 trip to Melbourne

Perth Red

Post Whore
AFL get pretty much the best crowds in the world relevant to population. They get bigger crowds than most of the super popular European soccer leagues.
Compared to population NRL crowds are on par with most sports leagues. AFL is the anomaly.

It’s not so much the league avg, though at a very static 14-15k for over a decade it’s a concern it isn’t improving at all, rather the number of games that draw under 15k. Far too many games draw bog avg 10-15k crowds. It’s a good job we have Brisbane, Newcastle and Melbourne boosting overall avg. Sydney is supposed to be our strength with so many teams in a massive population, it needs to deliver more. Hopefully more teams move to WSS and this sees an improvement.

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
Parramatta will be number 2 this year in average crowds.. and id say will hold the second position to Brisbane, for next few years

Stallion

First Grade
Other teams fans wanting to get a look at the new stadium?

Absolutely! In fact I'm off to the World nines in October for that very reason. Would have preferred to be watching the Lions playing the Kangaroos at that stadium but that isn't happening!

ouwet

Bench
I don't know why people are having a cry about a crowd which was over 20K...

Reality is Bulldog fans had enough since 2017 and nothing has changed since.
I was disappointed in the amount of Parramatta fans yesterday...

Latest posts