What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Leagues Club to be saved

trevcogger

Juniors
Surely that mess in Flemmington will be closed once the new one is built....
Not sure Shreds,never been there.
But the story did mention Wests Ashfield taking control of it....So im guessing it stays.
Maybe keep it for all the Market workers?
But will be good to see the Victoria Rd eyesore rejuvinated,

trevcogger

Juniors
Consider yourself simply thanked ...
BTW Mr. Trev...you made your mark out there... reminded me a bit of Kevin Hardwick...and that's meant as a compliment !

Very hard for Cogs to shine in his era..........very poor Magpies side in those days...

Das Hassler

Bench
Very hard for Cogs to shine in his era..........very poor Magpies side in those days...

Oh ok...i thought you were he ...family i assume ...battlers are under appreciated but that's where you'll find the real supporters. .supporters SUPPORT no iff's or buts...they may not be all that happy most of the time but they're REAL!!!!!

Tiger Ted

Bench
See,we Magpies are not so bad after all......
No chance to relocate now.
Whats Greenturds next move....I see Ckeckmate...
FK Greenberg & that other pissant who doesn’t know anything about the iconic Laurie Nicholls.

Btw TC I was a staunch Balmain fan who played in the wests juniors & hence I had a soft spot for the Maggies & frequently caught the train to lidcombe with my inner west school mates.

gordsy

Juniors
Anyone got the article. It's pay walled for me. Let's hope Wests run it as they have done a great job with the Ashfield and Campbelltown clubs they run

Even as a Balmain fan, I sincerely hope Wests Ashfield made the agreement on the strict stipulation that Ben f**king Elias is not allowed within 1000 yards of the club.

Front-Rower

First Grade
Anyone got the article. It's pay walled for me. Let's hope Wests run it as they have done a great job with the Ashfield and Campbelltown clubs they run

Ashfield and Campbelltown are seperate entities. Nothing to do with each other.

trevcogger

Juniors
Even as a Balmain fan, I sincerely hope Wests Ashfield made the agreement on the strict stipulation that Ben f**king Elias is not allowed within 1000 yards of the club.
I think Wests Ashfield know about the door.
You watch him start raving on now .......Hated him as a player...
Especially keep that back door locked as well....

Tigerm

First Grade
As a Balmain fan this is a great outcome that will benefit both clubs in the end.
But a lot of talk about relocation lately, wonder if this had anything to do with the timing of the release.
But great outcome to hold the centre west, we aint going anywhere.

magpie_man

Juniors
So im thinking Wests Ashfield,the Campbelltown Leagues Club,Balmain Leagues Club and Flemington club.
Thats one hell of backing.....
The front door and backdoor will be NO ENTRY for backdoor Benny this time.

Campo LC no longer has anything to do with the JV mate.
Flemington would barely turnover a turnip and, with all the NIMBY stipulations surrounding the Rozelle redevelopment, Balmain LC is hardly going to be a pokie palace cash cow for us. I think Ashfield will continue to do much of the dirty carrying for years to come.
That said, this is a game changer for the unitary aspect of the JV and a huge leap forward from the dark old days of bickering over how much of a percentage black/white/orange would make up of the jersey.

Das Hassler

Bench
The tragics will bicker ovet stuff forever ( which is fair enough and totally understood) but 20 years on i think the legacy and traditions of both clubs have been preserved as much as could fairly be expected ...For this old guy i"m solid behind **WESTS** TIGERS as much as i was Balmain Tigers...20 years. ..surely enough time to move on and up...we've got more in common than we have differences and Wests Ashfield have just shown the way forward.

Personal note ...Jacinda Ardern has a clue as well.

The Rosco

Bench
Campo LC no longer has anything to do with the JV mate.
Flemington would barely turnover a turnip and, with all the NIMBY stipulations surrounding the Rozelle redevelopment, Balmain LC is hardly going to be a pokie palace cash cow for us. I think Ashfield will continue to do much of the dirty carrying for years to come.
That said, this is a game changer for the unitary aspect of the JV and a huge leap forward from the dark old days of bickering over how much of a percentage black/white/orange would make up of the jersey.
MM, from what I hear, Flemington is running at a profit and will be kept. FIIK how it's making a profit but there you go.
Do you reckon you'll be able to walk up to the bar at the rozelle club when it's built and ask for a New ? There would be 7 hippie beers made from the plaited pubic hairs of 25 vegans, on tap guaranteed !
The bistro won't be serving steak and 3 veg. Oh No ! It'll be tofu and 7 veg.
Just taking the piss, of course.
It's a very noble thing for Wests Ashfield to wipe Balmain's bar tab clean.
Let's hope it does push us forward, stronger and better organised to resist whatever Greenberg has in mind for us !

Front-Rower

First Grade
I thought they were run by the same parent group ?

No.

Wests Leagues Campbelltown is owned and operated by Wests Group Macarthur. This group includes Wests Leagues Campbelltown, Lakeside Golf, Wests Tennis Club and Glenwood Hills CC.

Wests Leagues Ashfield is its own entity.

rex2ce

Juniors
A very generous undertaking by West’s Ashfield to give unqualified support for their JV partner at their lowest point,if they weren’t committed to the JV they could just have waited til Balmain went under then had the lot, Bravo West’s

trevcogger

Juniors
MM, from what I hear, Flemington is running at a profit and will be kept. FIIK how it's making a profit but there you go.
Do you reckon you'll be able to walk up to the bar at the rozelle club when it's built and ask for a New ? There would be 7 hippie beers made from the plaited pubic hairs of 25 vegans, on tap guaranteed !
The bistro won't be serving steak and 3 veg. Oh No ! It'll be tofu and 7 veg.
Just taking the piss, of course.
It's a very noble thing for Wests Ashfield to wipe Balmain's bar tab clean.
Let's hope it does push us forward, stronger and better organised to resist whatever Greenberg has in mind for us !
I noticed that change in Wests Ashfield Club when they renovated few years back.
Flashy beers,different shaped schooner glasses and higher prices.
New trendy eating areas,the smallest tab,footy tv viewing area you have ever seen.
I use to go there and watch games,but havent ventured in the place for about 12 months although i live 10mins walk from the place..
It just not the same anymore.

gordsy

Juniors
As happy as I am that they flashed the cash, why did Wests bail out Balmain. I don't see the upside for them ?

Latest posts