What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Rd2: Parramatta v Bulldogs LIVE GAME DAY thread March 24th

84 Baby

Referee
As much as Brown is getting the wraps for this try, Jnr showed exceptional footwork and Salmon was was lightening quick through that gap.

It's top work all around. Junior props at the line and gets the offload, Drown dances around his player and more importantly holds the ball until Salmon is heading for the gap, and Salmon recognises it almost immediately as Paulo threw his pass and is racing for the gap. Paulo created the opportunity but the awareness of basically 2 rookies of what was unfolding was phenomenal. Drown could have caught the offload, jinked his player and looked to go himself or link with Hoff/Sivo but instead he kept his undies clean and forced the gap open

hindy111

Post Whore
Tepai has to break out this year.
At this stage Ram seems right. I put my credibility on the line for this guy. He is dropping down the pecking order fast.

Homo man69

Juniors
At this stage Ram seems right. I put my credibility on the line for this guy. He is dropping down the pecking order fast.
I remember when the wallabies board were fuming that we snatched Tepai from them. He came with huge wraps. He was a phenomenal athlete who was at a Olympic level at shot put. People were saying he was the greatest union junior of all time. At this stage I wouldn’t mind offloading him. He’s just a standard NRL player. That’s all.

Eelogical

Referee
I remember when the wallabies board were fuming that we snatched Tepai from them. He came with huge wraps. He was a phenomenal athlete who was at a Olympic level at shot put. People were saying he was the greatest union junior of all time. At this stage I wouldn’t mind offloading him. He’s just a standard NRL player. That’s all.
Is that a euphemism?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Ok makes sense.

Averaged 102mtrs
28 tackles a game
1 missed every 28
3 tackle busts a game total of 60

Mannah had 20 tbs, Alvaro 24,

TB make a defense tired. Terepo keeps defenses alert and on toes.......
Sure, but the fact of team work in the NRL is that you need more defenders than attackers.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
selection is gonna be a bit tricky

I would have thought new merkin comes into 13, Trout goes into the centres and Taka goes to Wenty but he's been playing well

Trout is not a 13 and we were fortunate in a way that the Hoff was hooked so he fitted in without too much of a roster shake up.

I dont know if I'd change anything in the forwards either as when was the last time our pack dominated like they did in the second half yesterday ?
Interestingly, Salmon had just stepped onto the field when he hit that gap. That's why he was out wide. Mahoney had just stepped off the field and Salmon ran on and straight into the gap.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
He was in a moon boot all week and in doubt right up until late in the week. He was obviously told not to run much to minimise the risk to his ankle (or whatever is injured). He made 31 tackles in 44 minutes.