What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 3 vs Storm

mxlegend99

Referee
When cleary was penrith coach before gus sacked him he never beat the storm however last yr as tigers coach he beat them twice and they didnt score more than 10 points.We will need to be very disciplined and hold on to the ball this week to be any chance.Starting side looks good our bench this week is a little small be there are some workers there im quietly confident we can win this its our 2nd home game of the yr cant afford another loss.

We beat them with a team worth like half the salary cap in 2013 or so. David Simmons scored an intercept try I think it was to seal our win.

Edit
http://www.rugbyleagueproject.org/seasons/nrl-2013/round-9/penrith-vs-melbourne/summary.html

unKwn

Juniors
yep beating storm will give us plenty of confidence but it's gonna be f**king hard. I think we'll get away with the win in the end

Panfa

Juniors
Did anyone notice against newcastle 3 times the referee went upstairs for newcastle tries as i have a try only to be overturned by the video ref on 3 occasions.Its only 2 rds into the new season but im starting to feel like we are playing against 14 men each week.Lets hope we dont get ashley klein or gerard sutton as refs this week or we will be in for a long night.

unKwn

Juniors
Did anyone notice against newcastle 3 times the referee went upstairs for newcastle tries as i have a try only to be overturned by the video ref on 3 occasions.Its only 2 rds into the new season but im starting to feel like we are playing against 14 men each week.Lets hope we dont get ashley klein or gerard sutton as refs this week or we will be in for a long night.
saw somewhere on twitter that we have ashley Klein. literally incapable of reffing a game

mxlegend99

Referee
The only one I had issue with was the Ponga try. He didnt even touch the ball yet it took 500 views todetermine no try.

Compare that to Blake who actually did touch the ball yet they said no try on one view.

I think video referees this year have been mostly good. Atleast in our games. Consistent between the teams. Onfield referee less so.

martielang

Bench
Some refs might be incompetent at times, but they hardly have an agenda against us. It’s a hard job in fairness, especially when every fan is looking for a reason to complain that their team is unfairly treated.

mxlegend99

Referee
Our full strength spine and whole backline in fact. So it is possible but we need to improve 200%
Missing our starting backrow though. Yeo and Kikau are our 2 best forwards for punching holes in the defensive line or getting their nose through.

If we beat Storm without them it would be a hell of an effort.

franklin2323

Immortal
Missing our starting backrow though. Yeo and Kikau are our 2 best forwards for punching holes in the defensive line or getting their nose through.

If we beat Storm without them it would be a hell of an effort.

Yeo in defence is the huge loss. Fuimaono and Winterstein are better than Yeo in attack but he is our best defender.

I don't know why we stopped but we need to go back to the outside backs with dummy half scoots on early tackles.
Attack before the last. No dumb penalties or errors and who knows.

All we can do is keep improving and see if it is enough but our team that won in 2013 was worse. As was the WT that beat them twice last year.

kinghippo

Juniors
I wish I could feel anything other than dread when facing the storm but I just cant.
It’s an important test for our season though, if we band together and stay strong it will be a great sign of what we will be for the year.
Hopefully we are not penalised out of the game, hold the ball and put in a good team performance.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Nothing to lose, these are the games that Jimmy Maloney lives for.

I think we will put in solid performance, not sure if it will be enough, but it won’t be a flogging.

franklin2323

Immortal
I wish I could feel anything other than dread when facing the storm but I just cant.
It’s an important test for our season though, if we band together and stay strong it will be a great sign of what we will be for the year.
Hopefully we are not penalised out of the game, hold the ball and put in a good team performance.

You rarely beat the Storm twice in a year. So better to lose now and beat when it matters. 6 from our 1st 10 should be the aim

chrisD

Coach
I got a super tricky idea. We name RCG in the starting line up, but then play him off the bench. Fooling everyone! Genius! Cleary if you're reading this feel free to use it.

Sime_11

Juniors
we got this, getting over the Storm late last year will give us belief, the tide should start turning and it should be us giving Melbourne consecutive losses against us :p

Yeo will be a huge loss but the squad needs to learn that everyone puts in, not a few of the boys....

Das Hassler

Bench
You rarely beat the Storm twice in a year. So better to lose now and beat when it matters. 6 from our 1st 10 should be the aim

Cleary coached two wins against them last year ( incl. Slater) ..with what you would all consider an inferior team so there should be every reason to be optomistic...Ivan knows how to beat them. you have SOO halves and forwards. ..why shouldn't you win?