What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nepotism Thread: Players who only got a go because of their father

Jackson Hastings - Kevin Hastings (Roosters)

Nah, I think you are a little harsh. Jackson grew up with his Mum as she and Kevin split up when he was very young. He made a name for himself in the lower grades at the Dragons. The Roosters signed him but he wasn't as good as some people thought when he was brought into the starting first grade side. As such I don't think he got a start because of his Dad's name at all.

The unknown

Juniors
Nah, I think you are a little harsh. Jackson grew up with his Mum as she and Kevin split up when he was very young. He made a name for himself in the lower grades at the Dragons. The Roosters signed him but he wasn't as good as some people thought when he was brought into the starting first grade side. As such I don't think he got a start because of his Dad's name at all.

Yeah I agree about him being a gun in the lower grades, just found it coincidental the Roosters signed him when they already had two quality halves Maloney and Pearce at the time. (didn't Maloney make way for him?)

Yeah I agree about him being a gun in the lower grades, just found it coincidental the Roosters signed him when they already had two quality halves Maloney and Pearce at the time. (didn't Maloney make way for him?)

Due to his performance at the DRagons at the lower grades, Uncle Nick reckoned they should sign him due to his Dad. Thought it would look silly if her "made grade" at another club.

Hastings came off contract at the same time as Maloney. Trent Robinson wanted to keep Maloney, but Peter O'Sullivan (who was Recruitment Manager at the time) reckoned they should let Maloney walk and keep Hastings. Uncle Nick listened to O'Sullivan.

IIRC, whilst an offer was made to Maloney, the Sharks offered him a 3 year deal with more money as the Roosters only offered a max 2 year deal. Hence he left.

axl rose

Bench
2982810_1_M.jpg

Latest posts