What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nepotism Thread: Players who only got a go because of their father

axl rose

Bench
Daniel Mortimer.
Million dollar bidding war between Parra & The Dogs. One year later, do I hear 5 bucks?

BiRKsFe.gif

butchmcdick

Immortal
I was going to mention that, but he’s irrelevant. Why did the Cowbs originally sign Laurie, wasn’t he 45?

There were not too many players rushing to sign with us back in 95

With us, the warriors, the crushers and the Perth reds all coming in at the same time the talent was spread pretty thin

Wild Wilbur

Juniors
There were not too many players rushing to sign with us back in 95

With us, the warriors, the crushers and the Perth reds all coming in at the same time the talent was spread pretty thin
That’s true. Was Laurie a local legend? I remember at the time how old he looked.
Has he still got a lot to do with the cowboys?

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Have you heard Laurie commentate ?

He makes Braith and Gaz sound like Barack Obama

There’s an idea if the NRL wants to crack the US market, offer Barry a commentating gig. Bet he’d at least bother to get the islanders names right, being from Hawaii and all

Not disputing that he was crap but after leaving the Tigers, he went to the Knights and played 29 First Grade games there.

My bad, thought he had a stint in England before joining the Knights. Still 29 games over 3 seasons is hardly stellar. Bloke would never have got a look in for us had his dad not been involved with the club.

Shane Endacott for sure.

The Goodwin brothers probably have a case too.

Honorary mention to Blake Lazarus and uncle Glenn.

To be fair to Blake he was a decent player for us in the lower grades before tearing his ACL twice, once in about round 4 then the following season in round 1. For a small bloke who relied on speed and agility that was always going to be a career killer.

Burwood

Bench
When Lachlan Fitzgibbon first cracked the NRL I thought he was only there because his old man was the CEO of nib, one of the knights major sponsors.

Latest posts