What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack mcgregor

LINESPEED

Juniors
I vehemently opose the way our club is being managed, to be referred to as one of them I find quite demeaning

The Brian I’m referring to is our CEO, who comes from Dunedoo NSW, not you - so sorry for the misunderstanding Warabrook. ‘Pedro’ was referring to Peter Doust BTW
I agree with all your posts.

Our team just seemed so poorly coached tonight - without a game plan.
Lafai defended well, but that rush up and in defence leads to tries if you miss your man

And it really pains me that Brian Johnston might extend Waterboy

Last edited:

Dragon66

Juniors
We should have won easily tonight. Newy were terrible. Other than Ponga they had absolutely nothing.

All you McGregor supporters are truly delusional.

We have his boring “Power Game” - keep errors to a minimum, run one out all night, kick and hope they make a mistake, AND when we do decide to move the ball most of the time it looks like we are winging it hoping that something might happen.

We have no structure, no game plan that is recognisable other than running one out.

We have some terrific individuals in our side and they play exceptionally well.
But as a team we are crap.
We will win a reasonable amount of games on the back of the talent that is in our side but to score 55 points in four games against teams that are proving to be in poor form means it looks like we are in for a long and frustrating season.

One flogging, a dismal game against Souths, and two one point seat of the pants win and very little improvement in our attacking performance (I will give then credit that the defence is improving) has me feeling that if we manage anything better than mid table will be an outstanding result.

But I’m not holding my breath. McGregor is hopeless as a coach and should go for 2020.

rednwhites

Juniors
We should have won easily tonight. Newy were terrible. Other than Ponga they had absolutely nothing.

We have his boring “Power Game” - keep errors to a minimum, run one out all night, kick and hope they make a mistake, AND when we do decide to move the ball most of the time it looks like we are winging it hoping that something might happen.

We have no structure, no game plan that is recognisable other than running one out.

We will win a reasonable amount of games on the back of the talent that is in our side but to score 55 points in four games against teams that are proving to be in poor form means it looks like we are in for a long and frustrating season.

One flogging, a dismal game against Souths, and two one point seat of the pants win and very little improvement in our attacking performance (I will give then credit that the defence is improving) has me feeling that if we manage anything better than mid table will be an outstanding result.

But I’m not holding my breath. McGregor is hopeless as a coach and should go for 2020.

Have to agree. I'm choosing to say nothing anymore as I don't see the point. No one listens.

We are a good team with some great players. Good will never be enough for me as am not some mindless supporter content with being semi-competitive. In my life I strive to be the best I can be and improve in my work and life. This proud club should be no different, instead it's just a business.

The "Power Game" is how McGregor won 3 bush footy titles.
It worked for him then and that is what he knows.
That's what we are seeing every week.
Bench, Kicking game, attacking structures are all just a shambles.
Leaving Sims on with a broken arm is just downright negligent.

Warabrook saint

Juniors
The "Power Game" is how McGregor won 3 bush footy titles.
It worked for him then and that is what he knows.
That's what we are seeing every week.
Bench, Kicking game, attacking structures are all just a shambles.
Leaving Sims on with a broken arm is just downright negligent.
The commentators were pointing out the fact about leaving Simms on with a broken arm. Why can't they see like the most of us the negligence and uselessness of every other aspect of his coaching and call him out for it. Our management surely can see it but for whatever reason refuse to do anything about it .

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade

D66,
You have written a very sensible post with many a true word.
We play with no direction.
We play one out.
We look flat.
There is no evidence the coach is even setting a plan.
There is no evidence the players are listening to him.

Let's not gloss over the real facts.
Without two seconds of luck from Norman, we are 0-4.

LINESPEED

Juniors
D66,
You have written a very sensible post with many a true word.
We play with no direction.
We play one out.
We look flat.
There is no evidence the coach is even setting a plan.
There is no evidence the players are listening to him.

Let's not gloss over the real facts.
Without two seconds of luck from Norman, we are 0-4.

Bush coach
Bush lawyer
Ambushed

Circle the wagons Waterboy

There’s nowhere to hide after that

It’ll be just Turnstile (@#3) & Johnston holding the fort

Good luck Custer

Noone’ll notice the scalping

Last edited:

LINESPEED

Juniors
I have a feeling that those 2 field goals by Norman not only got us off the bottom, but will ultimately save Mary's bacon. Sport at it's best......cruel & a touch of irony!

Yeah loved the Fox low angle camera shot of Waterboy’s frontal lobe all in a muddle in the coaching box

Mary’s bacon is smoked

Do you have it on the trot with eggs Brian & Bruce?

Coffs dragon

Bench
Yep!!. We're screwed. We have zero attack when we would probably be in the top 4 attacking teams if we even had Price here. Arggghhhh. He'll be re-signed ffs.
Remember the former Director, Sean O'Connor from the Steelers side, saying Mary was a better choice than Bennett & would be a great long term career coach at the Dragons.
Obviously this bloke went on to have a successful career as a stand up comedian and we are still stuck with Mary McAnchor!
Nice work Sean, your Directorship matches Mary's tactics.....clueless & lacking proper direction.

LINESPEED

Juniors
Remember the former Director, Sean O'Connor from the Steelers side, saying Mary was a better choice than Bennett & would be a great long term career coach at the Dragons.
Obviously this bloke went on to have a successful career as a stand up comedian and we are still stuck with Mary McAnchor!
Nice work Sean, your Directorship matches Mary's tactics.....clueless & lacking proper direction.

All seems like an Irish joke now - especially with the mooted extension.

But it’s Brian Johnston who needs now to be targeted to stop this fiasco

Surely he can see that tying his fortunes to Waterboy is an act of self destruction ?

Waterboy cost Doust his job & it’ll be ditto for Johnston FFS

Can he suffer the sustained abuse heading his way - all for what?

The dinosaurs from the Steeler faction?

A Waterboy cum imposter coach without credentials or success with a fan base who loathes his incompetence?

getsmarty

Immortal
All seems like an Irish joke now - especially with the mooted extension.

But it’s Brian Johnston who needs now to be targeted to stop this fiasco

Surely he can see that tying his fortunes to Waterboy is an act of self destruction ?

Waterboy cost Doust his job & it’ll be ditto for Johnston FFS

Can he suffer the sustained abuse heading his way - all for what?

The dinosaurs from the Steeler faction?

A Waterboy cum imposter coach without credentials or success with a fan base who loathes his incompetence?

With all Due Respect Linespeed, Doust retired...nothing to do with McGregor.

unfortunately the sad reality is that he will/has already been extended....

Talks started last year....the only sticking point being whether its for 2 or 3 years....

Club just holding off announcing .

Water11

Juniors

I wish we had a billionaire fan who could just buy the mealers out and return to just the redV and redevelop Jubilee and bring back OUR culture. Hell. There must be one. That’s what I’ll do when that day eventuates. Ha….Never!!!

Sure. We can still have players from Illawarra. Jesus! We’re the ones who brought those past players and elevated them to stardom. We’ll return to those days again with some desire and quality leadership that isn’t just about them, which we have now!!!!!!!
p