What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Crowd Watch

Vee

First Grade
You don’t know what rubbish is Red. The drivel posted by Stallion today surpasses anything I’ve ever seen on a forum. He destroys every thread he contaminates.
And yet you continue to feed the troll. Fair dinkum, it's like voting for politicians, it only encourages them.

Stallion

First Grade
You are missing the point. I’m not worried by any of the drivel you post here or any of the name calling you throw at me.
It’s just rubbish. You don’t have a shred of evidence to support any of your views.
That’s why you resort to childish taunts. And you’re a school teacher?

You are truelly delusional. Back to the naughty corner you pest!

taipan

Referee
The swans crowd on Thursday again makes all of our excuses look flimsy. The game finishes just as late, against an out of town team (and not even a big one) and yet they can pull 26.5K on a Thursday night. The excuse that their fans all apparently live right next door to the stadium is bullshit.

That plus the matches are more viewed as an event. If you go see an AFL game you’re likely going to be apart of a big crowd and that’s why people attend live games, for the atmosphere.

The bulk of their(Swan's) fans live in the Eastern suburbs ,inner west and lower North shores it's not BS.Not on FTA in Sydney.Have look at their Sydney Tv ratings static at best, and they have been here since 82, with all the marketing and media space.
The game does not compete live FTA with their crowds ,the NRL does.If as you call it ,it is an event, the TV viewing population are not interested in the "event" here.

Basically the overwhelming majority of their fans prefer to go, because there are SFA at home watching here.
Plus they .do have better suited modern stadiums for their sport the SCG is not rectangular and ANZ the less said.
Show me a rectangular stadium before the new Parra, that competes fanwise for their code ,such as the SCG and Motherless stadiums do.

Really? How am I wrong? I actually stated I thought it was 13000 before the figure was given and that was the crowd figure. On that basis I’m pretty sure that means I was right!

I am an ex Steelers supporter. I have a well known bias when it comes to inadvertently underestimating Kogarah crowds.

I have also sat in the same seats for years and know the difference between 13k and 16k.

That was not 13k. End of conversation.

Shark62

Juniors
I am an ex Steelers supporter. I have a well known bias when it comes to inadvertently underestimating Kogarah crowds.

I have also sat in the same seats for years and know the difference between 13k and 16k.

That was not 13k. End of conversation.
Are you serious? It looked like 13000 and it was reported as 13400.
This means you were wrong. Get a grip mate!

Are you serious? It looked like 13000 and it was reported as 13400.
This means you were wrong. Get a grip mate!

How many games at Kogarah have you been to? What are your terms of reference? Why are you so blindly guided by officialdom? Was your dad a police officer?

No. That was not 13k. Put your pro-authoritarian view point aside for a moment. Sometimes "the man" does not know best.

mave

Coach
Have said for a long time that Brookvale in particular has under reported crowds, when compared to previously posted crowds over the years.
Now seemingly Kogarah as well.

Is this a cost saving measure for council fees, insurance, security and police numbers, etc ?

Shark62

Juniors
Have said for a long time that Brookvale in particular has under reported crowds, when compared to previously posted crowds over the years.
Now seemingly Kogarah as well.

Is this a cost saving measure for council fees, insurance, security and police numbers, etc ?
So we are suggesting nrl clubs are lying about crowds to avoid costs? This is fraud and if true would see the clubs licenses terminated.the legal implications of them taking such action are Immense.

Latest posts