What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 7 vs Roosters

Crush

Coach
Proud of that 2nd half from our boys, they just didn't take their chances.
Ravalawa running out, why did Pereira give it so early?
Aitken not diving on that ball.
As we already knew, its our backs letting us down.
Anyway, good comeback. Dufty was insane!

True_Believer

Juniors
Great effort. I had written us off at half time. We looked so fatigued from the amount of defence we had to do. But credit to them, they came back and really made a game of it. TBH, we looked the better side in the second half and should have scored 3 or 4 times if it wasn't for mistakes. We had plenty of opportunities to win the game.

Given the Roosters are the top team, and going by comparison, I think we are travelling pretty well.

getsmarty

Immortal
crichtona-scores-a-try-1gp_0629.jpg

MATCH REPORT

Roosters hold off gutsy Dragons to take Anzac Day spoils
Author
Dan Walsh NRL.com Reporter
Timestamp
Thu 25 Apr 2019, 05:54 PM
walshdan-head.png

Roosters coach Trent Robinson pulled a swifty putting Latrell Mitchell back to centre just before kick-off in the annual Anzac Day match against the Dragons and it paid dividends early in the 20-10 win at the SCG.

Mitchell had scored a try, converted it and kicked a penalty to take the Roosters out to 8-0 after 15 minutes. He was named to replace the injured Luke Keary at five-eighth but his dangerous running on the edges gave his side a quick platform to build on.

But the Dragons weren’t taking matters lying down. Two quick tries in the second half to Zac Lomax and Matt Dufty got the Red-V back to within four points at 14-10.

Match: Roosters v Dragons

Round 7 - Thursday 25th April

Full Time

Home Team

Roosters

Scored 20 points

Away Team

Dragons

Scored 10 points

Venue: Sydney Cricket Ground

Match broadcasters:

• Nine Network
  • Foxtel
  • LIVE PASS
  • KAYO
The Dragons had their chances to hit the front but a late try by the ever-charging Roosters front rower Sio Taukeiaho, who ran for more than 240 metres, put the result beyond doubt.

The Dragons were trailing 14-0 at the break after the Mitchell try, followed by one from Angus Crichton off a 40-20 by hooker Jake Friend.

With props James Graham and Paul Vaughan leading the way the Dragons had the better of the second half but Ashton-Collier Medal winner Boyd Cordner lifted his Roosters to a crucial win.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/04/25/roosters-hold-off-gutsy-dragons-to-take-anzac-day-spoils/

Wittenberg

Juniors
Watching Fox and all they are doing is raving about the Roosters. They are a good side but there were two sides on the paddock and I was both proud and annoyed with our team. Certainly the bounce of the ball went the Roosters way......if one of those two opportunities for repeat sets late in the half had been grabbed it could have been different.

Life's Good

Coach
Errors & lack of smarts killed us.

-Hunt shouldn’t have tried reaching out
-Aitken not diving on the ball
-Rava running into touch on the 1st

Duftys try was special, best of the year so far. He didn’t deserve the dropped ball at the end.

Really proud of the effort to get back in the game.

blacksafake

First Grade
Hard not to be proud of the courage shown,not forgetting the 5 day turn around. The 1st half effort was just too far a hurdle at the backend of the game. I’m still convinced even after seeing a half dozen replays that Tupou took Lomax out on that try. No doubt whatsoever.
The refs played a big part in the result.

Life's Good

Coach
Watching Fox and all they are doing is raving about the Roosters. They are a good side but there were two sides on the paddock and I was both proud and annoyed with our team. Certainly the bounce of the ball went the Roosters way......if one of those two opportunities for repeat sets late in the half had been grabbed it could have been different.

It’s called the Brandy Alexander effect.

LINESPEED

Juniors
Great effort. I had written us off at half time. We looked so fatigued from the amount of defence we had to do. But credit to them, they came back and really made a game of it. TBH, we looked the better side in the second half and should have scored 3 or 4 times if it wasn't for mistakes. We had plenty of opportunities to win the game.

Given the Roosters are the top team, and going by comparison, I think we are travelling pretty well.

Based on who we played, the errors we made, the tries we should’ve scored, & the consistency of attitude over 5 games, the boys looked top 4 potential to me.

Plod is a waste of bench space - as was Rav FFS

It’s about speed Waterboy - and if you’d played Jai for 15 mins the 3 younguns would’ve carved them

blacksafake

First Grade
Now you’ve got to listen to that sh*t Cronk

rednwhites

Juniors
After watching that game there's no questioning the effort but I do really wonder when we go to the next level as a team. It almost broke out today but even with the run we found a way to throw it away. We could have won that match three times over. I wouldn't have believed that at half time. However, we just didn't have the cohesion and understanding between players to get it done. Instead we look to individuals. To name but a few worrying signs in the last 40 to illustrate:

- Graham caught with the ball on the last or in the half back's position
- Rava and Pereria screwing up a very strong chance for a try down the side line
- Luciano trying his guts out to crack the line and no one backing up for an offload

It's easy to pick apart a game of football but it's now 2019 and our re-signed coach is still a spectator to this kind of rubbish rather than someone in control and demanding a better culture within his team.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade

Yeah we can take a lot from that loss....a bit more possession and some luck would have got us over the line....I knew we would be up against it as soon as we had a 5 day turn around...I will concede as well the Roosters were well below their best today....but having said that 90% of the rub of the green went their way....still fuming about the Lomax incident when he was contesting the ball and Hunts was penalised...absolute bullshit and noone will convince me otherwise

Latest posts