What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

When do we call time?

Avenger

Immortal
Am I what? Seeing red about BA?

Not really. I see the issue more in terms of the club as a whole. I'm not angry, just saddened at the fact that we have become a complete basket case. I can barely get excited about our games these days.
Funny you say that Gaz. Last night I was angry as always but sad at how seriously stupid we have become. Stupid players that lack any type of consistent work ethic, a limited coach that obviously doesn't communicate effectively with his players that he is blindly loyal to and our administration which knee jerks to the media who keep cannibalizing the game.

Last edited:

strider

Post Whore
At half time last night i was coping. Not impressed but coping.

The 2nd half was diabolical ... my dog is lucky i dont have a dog.

When the showed BA throw his head back in frustration/distgust I felt for him .... but at the same time gotta ask if he is capable of getting the useless twats to switch the f**k on

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Funny you say that Gaz. Last night I was angry as always but sad at how seriously stupid we have become. Stupid players that lack any type of consistent work ethic, a limited coach that obviously doesn't communicate effectively with his players that he is blindly loyal to and our administration which knee jerks to the media who keep cannibalizing the game.
And in fairness, knee jerks to the fans as well.

That minor correction aside, you are spot on. Its complete f**king dog shit.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore

When the showed BA throw his head back in frustration/distgust I felt for him .... but at the same time gotta ask if he is capable of getting the useless twats to switch the f**k on
This merkin would have chewed your toes off.

6606.jpg

Gazzamatta

Coach

You need an outlet for your frustration. Im happy to throw in to get you a dog. Funny bastard. Lol.

Djay

Juniors
I didn't even get angry last night, because what for.

Every single set was something to pull your hair out about and that's what this club does. They suck the life out of any enjoyment the NRL brings because year after year we get disappointed.

Last year our season was over after the first half verse Penrith in round 1. You knew after losing that game the season was over. This year it lasted 8 weeks longer that is all, after the Melbourne game that for me was the end of us this season, and it is true, 3 losses on the bounce. This team, club and board are mentally weak and inept, that Storm game is a realistic possibility of happening to us every week, and they will not recover from it this year. Same as last year, just a bit longer.

The Tigers lost to us by 50, the week after they were down at half time to the Titans and came back in the second half and won. The difference, I am not saying the Tigers are what I want us to be but look at what Madge has done to them in one year, when Parra gets flogged like we do annually that is usually the day our season goes down the drain with it.

Kornstar

Coach
BA is a part of a much larger problem. One that appears to be too complex and strategic for the average football fan to understand based on the evidence shown to date.

I am happy to do an Avenger and change my mind on the above statement if anyone who is seeing red on BA can answer this question.

"What are the current factors that need to be overcome in order to make the Parramatta club a successful enterprise that fans take pride in supporting?"

Best answer gets a pack of Winfield Blues and a six-pack of Woodstock.

This is a trap, i'm sure of it.........

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
1. Somehow get Max’s constitution passed and then the club can be handed back to its members

2. Look at replacing Bernie Gurr as I think his decision making has been poor since he has been at the helm

3. A coaching clean out to remove the “loyalty/playing favourites” factor that seems to be playing out, and also improve both our attack and wrestle. Seeing as though BA has just re-signed, I guess the best we can hope for are new assistants. Can we get gentle back? However, if we were smart we would have built performance metrics into BA’s contract so that if he doesnt meet them we can part ways with limited payout.

4. A roster clean out of all of the deadwood at the club. I’d almost take BA out of the equation when it comes to who we decide to offer contracts to from within the current roster, and he can just provide input into external signings.
I don't think Arthur's makes decisions regarding recruitment/retention. And if he was re-signed it was because we needed a coach signed to help our recruitment, and he was the best available.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Am I what? Seeing red about BA?

Not really. I see the issue more in terms of the club as a whole. I'm not angry, just saddened at the fact that we have become a complete basket case. I can barely get excited about our games these days.
Well I want a f**ken scapegoat!

Eelementary

Post Whore
Just putting it out there, as food for thought, but what - if anything - can Arthur do?

We only have a Top 30; he doesn't have the luxury of dropping 14 players, and replacing them with whoever he deems fit.

Adding to that, who are the replacements that stand out?

The only players from Wenty that probably deserve a shot are Bevan French, Andrew Davy, and maybe Ethan Parry...imo, of course.

I have been saying French should be in the 17 for weeks, but Ok - drop Alvaro, Taikarangi, Smith, George Gennings, Peni Terepo, etc. and replace them with...who?

French could come in for Smith/Gennings.

Perhaps Michael Jennings in for Taka.

But who replaces Terepo, Alvaro, etc.?

Food for thought.

Eelementary

Post Whore
There are plenty to choose from with first grade experience; Kaufusi, Tepai, Salmon, Stone and even Kane Evans if we are desperate

Kaufusi, yes - he's a gun.

But people have been having a dig at Moero, and Evans, just as much as Terepo, Alvaro, etc.

I guess my point was: if we drop 8 players, for instance, who do we replace them with?

If we drop Moses, who takes his spot?

Noise

Coach
Kaufusi, yes - he's a gun.

But people have been having a dig at Moero, and Evans, just as much as Terepo, Alvaro, etc.

I guess my point was: if we drop 8 players, for instance, who do we replace them with?

If we drop Moses, who takes his spot?

Smith, Gennings, Terepo and Taka are the likely guys to get dropped with Alvaro also a possibility.

Salmon for Smith
Mennings for Jennings with Fergo back to the wing
Kaufusi for Terepo
Stone and Tepai for Taka & Alvaro

Moses played shit but I haven't heard 1 person say we should drop him for next week. A few have said not to re-sign him but not drop him when we don't have anyone else.

emjaycee

Coach
I expect Alvaro to be working hard to lose the extra 5kgs he put on in the off-season.
Seems it has been recognised that he is unable to sustain the energy he provided in 2018 when he was weighing less.

Gazzamatta

Coach
I expect Alvaro to be working hard to lose the extra 5kgs he put on in the off-season.
Seems it has been recognised that he is unable to sustain the energy he provided in 2018 when he was weighing less.
I thought he was better last night. Definitely quicker off the ground.