What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Queensland Maroons 2019

Spot On

Coach
1. Ponga
2. Feldt
3. Munster
4. Seve
5. Oates
6. Norman
7. DCE
8. Papalii
9. Mahoney
10. Welch
11. Gillett
12. Kaufusi
13. McGuire

14. Brimson
15. Ofahengaue
16. Mikaele
17. Fifita

I realize Munster to the centers is a bit left field but he came into grade there and could have a similar effect as Tom Turbo had for NSW. He plays on the left anyway so would play him inside Oates.

Norman straightens the attack and has a better long kicking game.

Seve and Feldt in the right are both good defenders who love doing the hard runs out of their own end.

Brimson over Mbye is a no brainer, then 3 young forwards who will all rip in

Brimson has to be there. I hope he isn't though.
Actually, he cant be. QLD are loyal and don't flick blokes. Thank goodness he'll have to wait a few years.

Spot On

Coach
Oh, how the might have fallen when Hymel Hunt, who the great Wooshka rated as 'absolute trash', is now rated a better outside back than both Gagai and Chambers.

I think you are on to something though. There is no way he could let in as many tries as Gags did last night. That has to be an origin record doesn't it? He'd return the ball better too.

Woosh

Head Moderator
Spot On you were awfully quiet after game one this year but you came alive all of a sudden.
Who won MOTM in game one again???
Typical Spot On LOL

Woosh

Head Moderator
What happened to Jaydn Su’A?
He should be playing origin this year.
He is one player QLD needs to get into the squad over the next few years.
That boy can put on a shot.
He had a lethal combo with Ponga in schoolboy rugby as well.

Nerd

Bench
Hopefully Ofahengaue is fit and can replace Wallace and Welch can come in for Napa. Hunt at hooker isn't working as he offers next to nothing in attack. Replacing him with McCullough isn't a much better option as while he is a superior defender his attack out of dummy half is virtually non existent.

Woosh

Head Moderator
Hopefully Ofahengaue is fit and can replace Wallace and Welch can come in for Napa. Hunt at hooker isn't working as he offers next to nothing in attack. Replacing him with McCullough isn't a much better option as while he is a superior defender his attack out of dummy half is virtually non existent.

It won’t happen but Segeyaro has always look like an origin player.
Maybe not starting hooker but off the bench ala Craig Wing.

Big Pete

Referee
What happened to Jaydn Su’A?
He should be playing origin this year.
He is one player QLD needs to get into the squad over the next few years.
That boy can put on a shot.
He had a lethal combo with Ponga in schoolboy rugby as well.

Su'A broke his ankle last year and had a set-back during the pre-season so he came into the season heavy. Despite this, he was thrust into the starting side where he was disappointing and he's been played as a middle forward ever since. There's a rumour going around that he's looking to reunite with Bennett down in Redfern.

Before the season started, I thought he'd push for a spot on the left edge. It hasn't worked out that way, but if he can hit 2020 running he'd be a nice asset for the Maroons. He's highly rated by the players at Red Hill, which always says more to me than the media.

Woosh

Head Moderator
Su'A broke his ankle last year and had a set-back during the pre-season so he came into the season heavy. Despite this, he was thrust into the starting side where he was disappointing and he's been played as a middle forward ever since. There's a rumour going around that he's looking to reunite with Bennett down in Redfern.

Before the season started, I thought he'd push for a spot on the left edge. It hasn't worked out that way, but if he can hit 2020 running he'd be a nice asset for the Maroons. He's highly rated by the players at Red Hill, which always says more to me than the media.

Strange he is looking to leave.
I remember listening to an interview when Seibold signed to coach the donkeys and the two players he was most excited about coaching were Su’A and Fifta.

King hit

Coach
Wonder if the Maroons can even bring in many changes. This is just about the best possible team they can field.

King hit

Coach
You need a hooker.

I want say no disrespect, and kind of mean it as I think they do their best.

Cameron showed the game is won at 9.

That is all.

Hunt hasn't done that bad. He was very good in game 1 and was their best in game 2.

Latest posts