What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

KOE (ex Canterbury Cup) and Jersey Flegg

RufusRex

Post Whore
Observation...across the grades we are very poor in the fundamentals....a lot of one out running, same block plays and bomb on the 6th. when we create something it seems to be due to individual player brilliance not coaching.......

We look poorly coached across the board.

centre play was terrible .. two passes in that 2nd half that showed a lack of skill from the centres at least one leading to a souths try ...

Timm did what was required and Sowie mentioned he was a 1st grader in waiting ...

Not a lot of joy that half though.

Last edited:

tumbidragon

First Grade
What's the club's fascination with playing as many playmakers on the park at any given time? Just creates unnecessary confusion... And yes, we would have to have THE lowest IQ centres across all grades! Wether that's an individual or coaching issue, I don't know. But Marsters was as rank as Aitken on a bad day.

getsmarty

Immortal
What's the club's fascination with playing as many playmakers on the park at any given time? Just creates unnecessary confusion... And yes, we would have to have THE lowest IQ centres across all grades! Wether that's an individual or coaching issue, I don't know. But Marsters was as rank as Aitken on a bad day.

And yet, still probably better than aitken...LOL

boardlumps62

Juniors
But that's the problem when we have injuries in NRL who steps up to fill the gaps. Not these blokes that will let you down as we have seen this year in NRL.
As is being said we need a new coaching structure. The top coach oversees the lower grade coaches so we can bring players through.
We have a couple of good players who are a head above others like Sailor obvious class the way he moves and seems to be beefing up each week.

RufusRex

Post Whore
But that's the problem when we have injuries in NRL who steps up to fill the gaps. Not these blokes that will let you down as we have seen this year in NRL.
As is being said we need a new coaching structure. The top coach oversees the lower grade coaches so we can bring players through.
We have a couple of good players who are a head above others like Sailor obvious class the way he moves and seems to be beefing up each week.

You dont need all of these blokes to play 1st grade ... really only one or two ...
Timm/Ford/Kerr/Robson all capable to fill in
The backs a bit light on though ..

boardlumps62

Juniors
Well, that’s 80 minutes of my life I’ll never get back. After squandering victory last week against West’s, I’d be ropable if I were Matt Head. Saints never should’ve lost today after being 10-nil up.
Lucky I had a head cold so stayed on the lounge and watched. Disappointed again how much can we take.

George Dragon

Juniors
Well, that’s 80 minutes of my life I’ll never get back. After squandering victory last week against West’s, I’d be ropable if I were Matt Head. Saints never should’ve lost today after being 10-nil up.
The club and Head lost that game.
Running Jordy on to qualify him
3 left in the bench
Clune should of been starting another bench spot wasted.
Charley a back/ back rower still no middle player on the bench.
Last spot Kerr who played FG 2 days ago
At one point in the game we had Nicholls at dummy half and two hookers playimg middle.

Dragonsamy

Bench

Jimmy
The changes he did in the second half, like moving dufty to the centres and having clune , field, sailor and dufty all on at the same time didn't work.
Also sailor was the best on the field last week ran for over 200meters.
Then he plays him as a centre (which to the best of my knowledge he has never played before).
Was a failure.
I don't know what he was doing.
They missed Saab bringing the ball back.
Hopefully they will turn it around next week at Kogarah.

Dragonsamy

Bench
3 left in the bench
At one point in the game we had Nicholls at dummy half and two hookers playimg middle.

Spot on George hopefully they will not be that dumb again

BLM01

First Grade
3 left in the bench
Sounds like Maryisms

BLM01

First Grade
Observation...across the grades we are very poor in the fundamentals....a lot of one out running, same block plays and bomb on the 6th. when we create something it seems to be due to individual player brilliance not coaching.......

We look poorly coached across the board.
Stoppp...it 86. doom & Gloom all over again

Latest posts