What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd23: Parra v Bulldogs LIVE GAME DAY thread 22/8/19

Gronk

Staff member
What a tackle! Unfortunately that was the highlight of the night for us.

The thing is that DWZ had the ball and it was a great tackle. Had DWZ just off loaded, Sivo would be looking at 3 weeks.

Glenneel

Bench
Give it a f**ken rest with the scapegoating. We've won 13 games this year - coaching is fine. And Wayne Bennett's side lost to the Dogs last week. Was that his fault? Sometimes teams lose games. Our biggest issue was being impatient in the first half. That led to frustration through the rest of the game. The coach can't stop that happening every week.
Coaching is not fine, our bench is terrible, and if you can work out what BA is doing there than tell us will you. Niukore is the only one providing any punch. This was the perfect game to debut Stefano and he couldn't be any worse than what the other 3 offer and probably a lot better. Unless we fix this bench we'll be cannon fodder in the finals. Worse part is that BA thinks its fine.

Glenneel

Bench
I didn't say you only blamed the coach. You're grasping for scapegoats anywhere you can find them.

We lost tonight. We've lost a few times this year. We'll lose at least once more before the end of the season and most likely a couple of times. We won't win the comp. If you can't enjoy it why not get another hobby?
Never enjoy a loss, but whatever gives you joy.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Coaching is not fine, our bench is terrible, and if you can work out what BA is doing there than tell us will you. Niukore is the only one providing any punch. This was the perfect game to debut Stefano and he couldn't be any worse than what the other 3 offer and probably a lot better. Unless we fix this bench we'll be cannon fodder in the finals. Worse part is that BA thinks its fine.
We only conceded two tries. If a rookie had played we might've conceded more. In a high intensity game like that a rookie would've been a good chance of shitting himself.

Glenneel

Bench
We only conceded two tries. If a rookie had played we might've conceded more. In a high intensity game like that a rookie would've been a good chance of shitting himself.
And if the rookie had played he might have maintained the intensity and turned the game. But regardless, at worst he would have provided the same shit as the other 3 did - because they provide almost NO impact.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
And if the rookie had played he might have maintained the intensity and turned the game. But regardless, at worst he would have provided the same shit as the other 3 did - because they provide almost NO impact.
Pull your sword. There's a big chance he could have gone worse. As if we'd throw a rookie into such an important game!

I get that you don't like BA but you aren't really convincing me that you have better ideas than him.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member

Well considering BA is letting Gower / Moeroa leave (half of our bench) and has had Alvaro in nsw cup, along with our bench playing small minutes, probably indicates BA does not think the bench is fine...... probably looking at signing some middle forwards also indicates BA knows what he needs to fix.....

Anyhow Stefo is only 19, why rush him.

84 Baby

Referee
Never enjoy a loss, but whatever gives you joy.
source.gif

hindy111

Post Whore

Agree.
If all fit a bench of Taka,Niakuore,Terepo and Stone would bring some punch.

hindy111

Post Whore
You want the bench to play a diff style.
I'd go quick and fast mobile forward who are aggressive. And that's why I'd have the bench I chose.
Gowers ok but his last months been average. Tepai and Alvaro are plodded. No mongrel
You let Taka and Nikauore play some 2mlnd row. Manu and Lane 65mins each and some of that in middle.

Gronk

Staff member
Fair too, what a f**king idiot, bone headed play! It was a grubby act and he deserves everything he gets for it.

I have not watched the replay yet, but if you read the press this morning they are saying stuff like

"The game was played with a finals intensity and was marked by huge hits and several flashpoints in the second half."

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/sp...n/news-story/8d22faac44fe99efd7a8ef6fe0119cc5

Looking forward to watching it from an unemotional POV.

Noise

Coach
If DWZ is in a bad, bad way how did he come back on and finish the game. I might be wrong as i was at the game but i thought he came back on?
Delayed onset concussion is a real thing. Eg. Steve Smith

Soto

Bench
Delayed onset concussion is a real thing. Eg. Steve Smith
Knowing what we now know re:concussion where is the duty of care? If there was any element of doubt he should not have been allowed back on..maybe Sivo's bell ringer made him sick

Gazzamatta

Coach
Just watched the game. Browns indiscretion has been coming for a few weeks. Hardly surprising. No doubt Tepai will be BAs choice to replace him. I thought our D was pretty good.
Waka has quickly become our number one center.
Mennings has lost condition and looks like 2018 Mennings. Two more years? No thanks.
Lane was great.
Gower has hit the wall. Also predictable.
Evans was also great but how his minutes are used is a mystery to most.
The Mahoney / Gutho experiment is only ok in BAs mind. Almost laughable now.
Sivo was enormous especially in the air.
Drown seemed to be crowded all night. I think he and Lane could offer so much more but I dont think thats in BAs plans.
Atkins does what Atkins does. Again no surprise.
I agree with most that once Paulo, Evans and Reed are off we go into a boring holding pattern.
Why we cant just do it when great opportunities present is so dissappointing. Its why fans refuse to believe the hype. Average performances are always just one game away. Im more convinced than ever that the players need a different voice. At the very least we need to update our coaching assistants. Probably unlikely though.
Go Parra.