What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack mcgregor

hazzbeen

Bench
and what...they expected BJ to say something to the contrary out their in the public.....
it is like asking every player do they like Mary...no different
Mate your missing something here , the person I was talking to is just not a one off chat with the CEO , he knows him well and they do believe that our coach is on the rise .....

BLM01

First Grade
Mate your missing something here , the person I was talking to is just not a one off chat with the CEO , he knows him well and they do believe that our coach is on the rise .....
Nah i am not missing anything nor doubting what he told you and his beliefs.You need to think about it.
There are things and thoughts true or not that have just got to stay in house especially a CEO of a major rugby league club no matter how well you think you know someone or if you got to say something you can not rubbish your club or its decisions.
I am Vice president at a CRL club and the rumours and things / leaks get out especially now with social media is astonishing that have to be hosed down by an executive on the committee. You even have to be careful at committee meetings what is discussed...let alone speaking to friends.
The fact that he told you and then you on here proves my point why

Last edited:
I saw a lad wearing an sgi jersey up at the shops and I quietly shook my head.

I respected his grit, courage and loyalty, but also felt pity that he was so deluded as to stand up for the pious terror of a board that treats him like garbage.

I wanted to counsel him and explain that in the modern era, the wearing of the jersey without a black arm band (signifying the poisoning of the club under its current board) could be seen as traumatic and offensive to saints fans.

I think from here on in, all righteous saints fans should wear a black arm band or a ribbon or something black signifying there dissatisfaction with the board and Mary. In that way, the true believers can be more readily distinguished from the brainwashed lemmings like poor old mate at the shops.

It’s a bit like that advertising that glitzy whizz bang product on tv. You buy the thing and you plug it in at home and you soon find out that an old stick you find on your lawn works better.

Qapm

Juniors
I think from here on in, all righteous saints fans should wear a black arm band or a ribbon or something black signifying there dissatisfaction with the board and Mary. /QUOTE]

THIS IS THE IDEA OF THE CENTURY.

Wear your Saints gear because you are the true fans, not the occupation government in charge but wear that black armband and post it on social media.

Walk down to the shops with your Saints gear on and a black armband:

"Mate, who died?"

"The St. George Dragons".

BLM01

First Grade
I saw a lad wearing an sgi jersey up at the shops and I quietly shook my head.

I respected his grit, courage and loyalty, but also felt pity that he was so deluded as to stand up for the pious terror of a board that treats him like garbage.

I wanted to counsel him and explain that in the modern era, the wearing of the jersey without a black arm band (signifying the poisoning of the club under its current board) could be seen as traumatic and offensive to saints fans.

I think from here on in, all righteous saints fans should wear a black arm band or a ribbon or something black signifying there dissatisfaction with the board and Mary. In that way, the true believers can be more readily distinguished from the brainwashed lemmings like poor old mate at the shops.

It’s a bit like that advertising that glitzy whizz bang product on tv. You buy the thing and you plug it in at home and you soon find out that an old stick you find on your lawn works better.
Are you sure you are not a Dragons fan in disguise?

hazzbeen

Bench
Nah i am not missing anything nor doubting what he told you and his beliefs.You need to think about it.
There are things and thoughts true or not that have just got to stay in house especially a CEO of a major rugby league club no matter how well you think you know someone or if you got to say something you can not rubbish your club or its decisions.
I am Vice president at a CRL club and the rumours and things / leaks get out especially now with social media is astonishing that have to be hosed down by an executive on the committee. You even have to be careful at committee meetings what is discussed...let alone speaking to friends.
The fact that he told you and then you on here proves my point why
I agree with you , but what I am saying , is I would not be posting on here if I didn't have a strong connection with this person and his connection with Johnston ..... if you read most of my posts I am not one to come out and make up something , or post this as a he told him and she told her thing.. All good mate just thought it was a interesting coming from him...... I do hope its all bullshit, from the CEO and the coach is punted soon.....

getsmarty

Immortal

!00% This....Yes its unbelievable but that's spot on.

That's why we need the Roosters to put a cricket score on us....and the start of next year is critical....we go say 1 from 10 and things begin to look untenable.........

Other option is....Memberships and crowd numbers tank......

BLM01

First Grade
I agree with you , but what I am saying , is I would not be posting on here if I didn't have a strong connection with this person and his connection with Johnston ..... if you read most of my posts I am not one to come out and make up something , or post this as a he told him and she told her thing.. All good mate just thought it was a interesting coming from him...... I do hope its all bullshit, from the CEO and the coach is punted soon.....
Yeh as i said i am not doubting your reasoning or facts or your mate's relationship with BJ. I would always doubt a person in his position what comes out of his mouth outside the sanctum of the club. I would and I do the same.
The players are no different at that levels because with the media and social media band wagon it can or lead to derail sponsorship and in fact everything, including careers and jobs at all levels.

Yeh as i said i am not doubting your reasoning or facts or your mate's relationship with BJ. I would always doubt a person in his position what comes out of his mouth outside the sanctum of the club. I would and I do the same.
The players are no different at that levels because with the media and social media band wagon it can or lead to derail sponsorship and in fact everything, including careers and jobs at all levels.

Yes, I understand it was player agents whispers and things creeping up to board level that resulted in the loss of Browne.

In the old days, the mass media had the control and now we find that tact and guile is required at the most forensic levels.

If there is a move amongst those in senior ranks to remove Mary, they are keeping tight lipped or just deliberately misleading people whilst they get the numbers.

Not unlike the leadership spills in politics.

If the plot is uncovered too early, unseen interested forces can enter the fray to thwart the plans of the trouble makers. This may include sponsorship connections, past greats or whatever. People with a vested in the status quo for some unknown reason.

Intrigue.

I suspect a spill is on for sure and certain as Marys performance and conduct throughout the season is as a question of fact ( not opinion or faith) wholly irredeemable. Nothing personal as we all subscribe to.

The human sacrifice of the coaching assistants with no tangible result will add impetus to Marys impending estrangement.

Dead coach walking.

BLM01

First Grade
Yes, I understand it was player agents whispers and things creeping up to board level that resulted in the loss of Browne.

In the old days, the mass media had the control and now we find that tact and guile is required at the most forensic levels.

If there is a move amongst those in senior ranks to remove Mary, they are keeping tight lipped or just deliberately misleading people whilst they get the numbers.

Not unlike the leadership spills in politics.

If the plot is uncovered too early, unseen interested forces can enter the fray to thwart the plans of the trouble makers. This may include sponsorship connections, past greats or whatever. People with a vested in the status quo for some unknown reason.

Intrigue.

I suspect a spill is on for sure and certain as Marys performance and conduct throughout the season is as a question of fact ( not opinion or faith) wholly irredeemable. Nothing personal as we all subscribe to.

The human sacrifice of the coaching assistants with no tangible result will add impetus to Marys impending estrangement.

Dead coach walking.
I think I agree and understand....I think...descriptive words you use there..LOL
Put simply..we hope behind the scenes he is out after this year and a replacement coming..am i right?

getsmarty

Immortal
I think I agree and understand....I think...descriptive words you use there..LOL
Put simply..we hope behind the scenes he is out after this year and a replacement coming..am i right?

He won't be out after this year....here for 2020....Boy I wish this was wrong. :-{

St Hope

Juniors
Sack Mary!!
Speaking to someone last night that works at the club and was speaking Brian Johnston last week . Brian was saying to him he was about to speak on radio about the De belin saga, before that they were chatting about our great coach and Brian was saying that he and the board like Mary as a coach and give him all their support .....F**k me , if that's what we are up against there is no way of moving him on ......
After reading this and listening to Matt John's podcast saying the reason Fitzgibbon dropped out of the Newcastle gig was he wanted something closer to home and being an optimist I am somewhat buoyed.
My reasoning may be flawed but here goes , in the said conversation he all but utters a coaches death knell "Brian was saying that he and the board like Mary as a coach and give him all their support ....." not quite the 100% behind the coach but a close run thing and maybe Fitzy has heard something also to persuade him to wait .
As the BEE GEES sang Words are all I have to take your heart away

getsmarty

Immortal
ladder-png.32492

SAP58

Juniors
Whilst the Knights have been poor isn’t it great to watch a well coached attacking football side. Benji is a great example, the way he played under McFools game plans and the way he is playing now.