What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack mcgregor

Qapm

Juniors
This screen shot right after the Rooster's third try says it all. One Dragon fan wears the jersey but has a jacket covering it for plausible deniability. One guy to the left of Cronk has an old Steeler's jersey maybe? And the kid up front has some sort of Parramatta jersey or some unknown team, rocking it at Kogarah Oval because, why the f(*&^ not?

Attachments

• 3rd try undercover supporter.jpg
    3rd try undercover supporter.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 18

BLM01

First Grade
I don't reckon it was that bad to be honest, he obviously did say that we won the second half, but he did make it very clear that this was clearly down to scoreboard reasons and the Roosters had clocked off. He made it very clear that it wasn't first grade standard and just look genuinely broken to me.

yes but he had to paint a positive picture that all scores were blowouts today and we did not quite get to the 40 the others did
and then The Roosters have put 50,40,40 on their last 3 opponents then 30 on us...
yeh mary we are in a good space!
and again we have kept a Top 8 team to 1 try in the 2nd half
Why mary....cause they won the game in the 1st half. They rested players before kickoff and had fun the 2nd half

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
No mate just a little segue in a pathetic attempt to somehow influence a hostile universe. All modern day Dragons fans must reflect on our past lives and what we did so terrible to be reincarnated into this existence.
I actually genuinely feel for Mary, he's a good bloke who loves the Dragons, and nothing would have made me happier than seeing him prove everyone wrong and wining the GF with the Dragons. I just don't see it happening though, I feel he is out of ideas and maybe has lost the dressing room. I think it is time to fall on the sword and give us a full off season with a new coach.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
yes but he had to paint a positive picture that all scores were blowouts today and we did not quite get to the 40 the others did
and then The Roosters have put 50,40,40 on their last 3 opponents then 30 on us...
yeh mary we are in a good space!
and again we ahve kept a Top 8 team to 1 try in the 2nd half
Why mary....cause they won the game in the 1st half. They rested players and had fun the 2nd half
Im not sticking up for him, but he did make it clear it isn't good enough. And said they were not in the game for one minute. Im usually good at reading body language, he looks like he may have been tapped on the shoulder. I wouldn't be shocked if he doesn't see out the season. Also when talking about Hunt he said that he failed a HIA on Wednesday but Sailor said he had been told he is debuting on Tuesday, something fishy there.

BLM01

First Grade
Im not sticking up for him, but he did make it clear it isn't good enough. And said they were not in the game for one minute.
I know but he always trys to paint the picture that this is a blip on our radar, to go out of the way that others are just as bad or worse, a out of the blue blemish, that it is not his fault..the year has not been kind etc etc...it makes me sick.
He cant or wont accept we have been bad the back end of the last 5-6 years

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
I know but he always trys to paint the picture that this is a blip on our radar, to go out of the way that others are just as bad or worse, a out of the blue blemish, that it is not his fault..the year has not been kind etc etc...it makes me sick.
He cant or wont accept we have been bad the back end of the last 5-6 years
We had a very short premiership window which I feel has now slipped. We now need to rebuild again. And a coach that knows how.

getsmarty

Immortal
remote.axd

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
This screen shot right after the Rooster's third try says it all. One Dragon fan wears the jersey but has a jacket covering it for plausible deniability. One guy to the left of Cronk has an old Steeler's jersey maybe? And the kid up front has some sort of Parramatta jersey or some unknown team, rocking it at Kogarah Oval because, why the f(*&^ not?
That guy with the jacket on is a roosters supporter, that is a white V not the once great red V. He probably has that jacket on because he needs the extra pockets for all his cash.

BLM01

First Grade
Mary.... Nathan Brown apparently knew it was time and has walked
psstt..Mary...its time!...dont you at least get that feeling your voice is no longer listened too!..
.you have done all you can...
Do the right thing by all and sundry and especially the sad fans!

getsmarty

Immortal
Mary blasts St George Illawarra Dragons for ‘no intent’ and being ‘nowhere near good enough’
Dragons
  • August 24, 2019 10:51pm
  • by George Clarke
  • Source: FOX SPORTS
a145a3f26662e540280344dd6f725e4f

Dragons players look on after conceding a try against the RoostersSource: AAP
Paul McGregor has taken aim at his St George Illawarra Dragons’ defensive efforts after they slumped to another defeat, this time at the hands of the Sydney Roosters in a 34-12 shellacking.

The Dragons trailed 28-0 at the interval before standing up to the reigning premiers and posting some points of their own.

The defeat leaves the Red V in 15th spot, and the underfire McGregor said that he expects much better from his side.

“We had no intent in our defence,” said a dejected McGregor, whose side have now lost 15 this season.

743969_640x360_large_20190824203412.jpg

Cronk's killer kick

0:30
“It’s pretty simple. You’ve got to have a bit more want than that.

“At different stages there we had four blokes in the tackle and they were just standing, playing the ball quick, we weren’t getting onside, weren’t adjusting, weren't travelling in numbers to get forward hard, our one-on-one shifts weren’t good enough.

“Our first 40 minutes was nowhere near to a standard we can expect.

“The second half was a bit of scoreboard stuff, we won the second half 12-6.

“Our last three losses, we were fighting for a win until the last five minutes, but we were never in the game tonight.

“The other scores tonight were all 40 plus, we didn’t quite reach that. But we were nowhere near good enough.”

The only positive for McGregor to take from the performance was the display of young gun Tristan Sailor.

The son of Wendell scored a try in his NRL debut, and after a disappointing season for the Red V, McGregor sees Sailor as one of the club’s bright lights.

“He was sound, good debut, got a try and made a couple of nice touches,” said McGregor.

“But he made a really sound debut. Tris is strong in the gym, he’s still young, he has to develop a few areas around his game.

“He does all the right things to give himself the best opportunity, his career is quite bright because he can play multiple positions, No. 6, wing, centre.”

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...h/news-story/d8986800474d0156ce82fbf6a8802d93

Dragons 09

Juniors
2019 Season

Brennan - Won 23.53% - Coached sacked
Brown - Won 42.86% - Coach "sacked"
McGregor - Won 31.82% - Coach gets 2 year extension and a pass mark from the CEO

Even Price had a Win ratio of 40% for the 2014 season when he got sacked.

There just doesn't seem to be a cure for this f**ken virus.

Generalzod

Immortal
2019 Season

Brennan - Won 23.53% - Coached sacked
Brown - Won 42.86% - Coach "sacked"
McGregor - Won 31.82% - Coach gets 2 year extension and a pass mark from the CEO

Even Price had a Win ratio of 40% for the 2014 season when he got sacked.

There just doesn't seem to be a cure for this f**ken virus.
Price has just won himself the challenge cup final good on him the bloke can coach...

hewi

Bench
It’s crunch time for the board IMO even they must know that we can’t win the premiership with this coach and that next season will be the same as this season. So, push him now they will keep their jobs wait till next season and I think them and the coach will go. It’s called self interest and I think it’s coming to a head.

Last edited:

Red V for life

Juniors
Some interesting comments on the Foxtel coverage last night.

Pre-game chat with Trent Robinson - he basically said you can’t play possession footy as it is too conservative. You need to have variety and know when to chance your arm. That had to be a direct shot at our coach.

Our coach loves his 80% possession stat and repetitive use of block plays (which I think Mick Ennis was going off about). No surprise we were ‘better’ when we abandoned them.

During the game I think it was Mick Ennis again basically saying that Lomax (and other youngsters) have been poorly handled this year with stints at wing, centre, fullback etc. Sailor will be next unfortunately. No way should he make way next week.

Reports from the sheds at halftime by Andy Raymond - nothing from the Dragons shed other than to say the room was very low, heads down and other commentators said they didn’t know what McGregor could even say (I resign would be a good start).

Even on the Matty John’s podcast, they were saying the coach is under immense pressure.

The narrative is changing. The guy is toast and with a weaker squad next year, won’t be able to turn it around. It is pure negligence to leave him in the job.

Latest posts