What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Week 2 final v Storm

hindy111

Post Whore
If we play like we did against Brisbane, and win the game...how on Earth can anyone call the Storm losing that game a choke?

Sometimes, your opponents are just too good - just like Newcastle in the 2001 Grand Final.

If Storm play to their best it wont matter what we do. They'll win.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Take.......................................................................................him...............................................................................................................................................................................away please.
Wooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!

- Glasses on fade out.

hindy111

Post Whore
Forecast is for rain Friday increasing Saturday through to the afternoon, so we can expect a wet track.

http://www.bom.gov.au/vic/forecasts/melbourne.shtml

Not exactly ideal.

It's perfect. A slug fest makes it closer to a 50/50.
I dont want to bust people bubbles but Brisbane where rubbish. We are playing Melbourne in Melbourne. If both teams played to their best in dry conditions I'd back Storm every time.
But in the wet gee. I am starting to like our chances even more.

Bandwagon

Staff member
It's perfect. A slug fest makes it closer to a 50/50.
I dont want to bust people bubbles but Brisbane where rubbish. We are playing Melbourne in Melbourne. If both teams played to their best in dry conditions I'd back Storm every time.
But in the wet gee. I am starting to like our chances even more.

I disagree, we don't want to slug it out with them through the middle, we want to run their big forwards around. So if wet, kicking game will be massive. We will not beat the storm bashing and barging through the middle, we need to get width on our plays, we need to keep their big guys running, and tire them out.

The other issue for us is in the wet the sideline comes into play so much more, and with our best attacking weapons parked there, it increases the risk of going wide.

And yeah, Brisbane were poor, I put a lot of that down to them being starved of possession in the first twenty minutes or so. Particularly from the 10 odd minute mark through to the 20, the simply got no ball. and were struggling from the lack of possession in the first 10 mins. You don't get that on a wet track, possession tends to be far more even.

To win I think it's a must that start fast, and get them chasing points, otherwise they will just do what they do best and strangle the life out of our game, and a wet track is not conducive to a fast start.

IFR33K

Coach
If we play like we did against Brisbane, and win the game...how on Earth can anyone call the Storm losing that game a choke?

Sometimes, your opponents are just too good - just like Newcastle in the 2001 Grand Final.

As good as we were on Sunday, the donkeys were absolutely woeful. There’s no way the storm will allow us to play like the broncos did. Well the 3 refs won’t allow it that’s for sure :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Latest posts