What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Week 2 final v Storm

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Do a roosters on and Raiders one and a Souths one.
Maybe even a St George one and see how they stack up.
We need a larger sample size.
No we don't. We are playing the Storm next week. If we win then I'll compare our team against the Roosters. It will be like your power rankings, only better.

hindy111

Post Whore
I remember seeing one once standing there in the rain getting soaked with half her teeth missing. I felt sorry for her. Most likely on some sort of drug and made a few bad choices in her life.
Mik used to work rnd corner from where they'd bang there business. He would throw eggs at them.

Bandwagon

Staff member
Sounds about even. #BattleOfTheNuffies

I don't think our squad are nuffies either.

TBH I think we have the potential to have the best spine in the comp by the end of next season, we have the best pair of wingers in the game, our centres are now in the top half of centre pairings with the addition of W.Blake, and our pack is, whilst not loaded with stars, very serviceable and maybe a coupla additions away from being good enough to win a premiership.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
I don't think our squad are nuffies either.

TBH I think we have the potential to have the best spine in the comp by the end of next season, we have the best pair of wingers in the game, our centres are now in the top half of centre pairings with the addition of W.Blake, and our pack is, whilst not loaded with stars, very serviceable and maybe a coupla additions away from being good enough to win a premiership.
I hope you are right about what we become.

My original point about the Storm was in response to Hindy's comment about all the pressure being on the Storm. I think they have overachieved based on the squad they have. Its a much diminished one compared to what they have had in the past.

Maybe nuffies was too strong a word and should only be reserved for teams like the Titans.

strider

Post Whore

My original point about the Storm was in response to Hindy's comment about all the pressure being on the Storm. I think they have overachieved based on the squad they have. Its a much diminished one compared to what they have had in the past.

Maybe nuffies was too strong a word and should only be reserved for teams like the Titans.
You nuffy

hindy111

Post Whore

Eels 2001
Best side in comp but overacheived
Lost GF and all pressure was on.
Choked

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Eels 2001
Choked
Bellamy won't be playing Brian Smith type mind games with his players beforehand.

The eels will have to play to a high standard to win. The Storm will turn up like they always do.

Will be interesting to see how we respond if they employee an umbrella defence and bash our edges early.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Eels 2001
Choked
An above average team with f**k all big game experience. Brian Smith worked out the loophole in the ruck rules and we played touch footy, surrendering on every hit up to get quick play-the-balls. In the grand final the refs let Newcastle lay all over us (until the final 20 minutes) and we couldn't get any ruck speed. After that season (where most teams scored a stupid amount of points, not just us) the NRL changed the rules to slow the game down and we came back to the field, finishing 6th 9th and 12th before being rebuilt for '05. That's when we choked. The '01 team just overachieved right up to grand final day.

hindy111

Post Whore
Bellamy won't be playing Brian Smith type mind games with his players beforehand.

The eels will have to play to a high standard to win. The Storm will turn up like they always do.

Will be interesting to see how we respond if they employee an umbrella defence and bash our edges early.

Storm lose it's a choke. The end.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Storm lose it's a choke. The end.
Don't be ridiculous.

Parramatta are more erratic but capable of playing at a much higher level over 80 min. It is possible for the Storm to play as well as they have all year and still lose if the eels play out of their skin.

If that happens the Storm haven't choked.

If they spill their lollies and don't play with the same discipline they have all year then you could say that's them choking.

All depends on how the game is played, not the result.

Eelogical

Referee
Don't be ridiculous.

Parramatta are more erratic but capable of playing at a much higher level over 80 min. It is possible for the Storm to play as well as they have all year and still lose if the eels play out of their skin.

If that happens the Storm haven't choked.

If they spill their lollies and don't play with the same discipline they have all year then you could say that's them choking.

All depends on how the game is played, not the result.
Nice post there, Gary Escobar.

Latest posts