What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Week 3 Finals - The GF qualifiers

Wally21

Bench
Papali would have to be the ugliest merkin in the game wouldn’t he??
:face_palm:♂️ but geez he can play

IFR33K

Coach
Well done Canberra.

I’d love nothing more than an outsider taking it out. Sick of seeing the same teams make the GF and win it.

Chipmunk

Coach
To be honest we're only a few more higher quality players away from competing with the contenders.

Alot of our improvement will actually come from attitude changes, similar to the Raiders have undertaken. Bateman appears to have changed their team significantly.

To be honest we're only a few more higher quality players away from competing with the contenders.

Alot of our improvement will actually come from attitude changes, similar to the Raiders have undertaken. Bateman appears to have changed their team significantly.
I think it would better be described as a change of focus, rather than just attitude. I've heard several of their players and Stuart say that they did a complete 180 and the bulk of their training switched to defence. Perhaps that changed the players' attitude to defence but it's not the same as simply saying we need players with better attitudes. Or that the players need to change their attitude, mostly on their own. Not that that's what you were saying. The Canberra example suggests it needs to be coached into them.

Gronk

Staff member

What I learned from last night is that it’s not necessarily a high level of skill that will get you far, but a high level of intensity. Canberra were in Souths faces with line speed and gang tackles all match. That’s it. That’s Canberra’s niche.

Kornstar

Coach
Papalli free to play.

Wasn’t even charged. He hit him on the chin with the shoulder, that has been a charge pretty much every week.

I’m all for him playing in the GF cause they stand no chance without him but f**k this league has an issue with consistency.

Are they scared of Ricky?????

TheParraboy

Staff member
Glad Raiders won

Some turnip in the commentary followed by "ill repeat what he said but with longer drivel" Anasta, kept harping on that what could have been if Inglis was there, and also Braiden Burns, cry me a friggin river

At least Bennett was quite humble and said they just played error prone at times

Papalli was cleared pretty quick, they were saying he will have an early part of the week being anxious, lol. The judiciary has been a running joke for a good while now

Chipmunk

Coach
What I learned from last night is that it’s not necessarily a high level of skill that will get you far, but a high level of intensity. Canberra were in Souths faces with line speed and gang tackles all match. That’s it. That’s Canberra’s niche.

Intensity is a quality. I didn't say they needed to be higher skilled players.

jk13

First Grade
Magnificent crowd haha what a waste, so good to have poorly supported teams do so well.....

Latest posts