What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

French News

Fr%C3%A9d%C3%A9ric-Camel-Carcassonne-XIII-Roosters-NRL.png

https://treizemondial.fr/frederic-c...Nb2AaQ8dYS361p2Gvnt0akwbGNJywjO71a0PQLNBL6OyM
We met Frédéric Camel, co-trainer of Carcassonne XIII, who talks about his trip to Australia and the arrival of Tony Pellow.

Fred, why this trip to Australia?

This trip was a personal, self-funded and not by the club as I read ...
We ask our players to constantly question, I think it should be the same for coaches. Today, we naturally turn to the Catalan Dragons or Toulouse Olympique, but I think, even if these teams are the showcases of our sport in France, we can not be satisfied with that ... It is important to see what is happening elsewhere, and after going to see the side of Salford, what better than Australia, moreover, in the world champions ...

Your trip is over, your overall feeling?

Extremely satisfied! On Sydney, everything revolves around footy (Rugby League), there are NRL matches from Thursday evening until Sunday, broadcasts every day and on all major channels. I come back with a lot of information and ideas, be it at the level of the athlete of course but also in animation, management, marketing, and other things ...

You spent a week near the Roosters, what comes out?

Many things ! The detail is one of them. Nothing is left to chance ! The video work is very important, everything is hulled, the players come to the sessions with a pad. There are group videos and then collective videos. Then, the simplicity of the Staff and the players ... There are stars in this team, but they are all very accessible, there is always a word for every employee of the club, for the fans or people they have not never seen. Then there are many similarities in our training methods even if obviously we do not have the same infrastructure or the same means!

You have also seen matches, a show?

I have seen more than fifteen matches (Women, U20, Canterbury Cup, Illawarra League and NRL). The NRL is incomparable, the TVs are everywhere, everything is orchestrated to have a great time! The show is on the field of course but also around! The atmosphere is very friendly and family, it comes with the shirt of his team, couples sometimes support a different team! The stadiums are beautiful, the last one in Parramatta is a gem ... there are animations everywhere. The new Roosters stadium is in preparation, it should be ready in 3 years and replace the Allianz Stadium which has just been destroyed right next to the Sydney Cricket Ground.

There was also Tony Pellow's signature, why him?

We have been following Tony Pellow since last year on the advice of Russel Aitken, but that could not be done. We continued to follow him all season and saw a lot of his matches. Tony Tumusa not coming back, it is logically that we have contacted him again, through Cyril Cabrol and always Russell Aitken. We wanted with Patrick Alberola, even more speed behind. I think the fans will not be disappointed! He goes fast but has an excellent pass on both sides and a very good vision! He is very motivated and eager to join us. We are sure that it will be one of the attractions of the championship.

Is the mercato finished? is Carcassonne XIII ready for the new season?

We should announce a last signature in a few days. We are working in the continuity of last season, we are ready to start the offseason. Teddy joins the staff and Laurent Lucchese takes the reins of physical preparation, we will now strive to build a new group with the same spirit as last year.

colin-niez.jpg

https://www.loverugbyleague.com/pos...p-kicks-off-this-weekend-aussies-make-switch/
Lezignan sign young Titans forward

Lezignan have signed Queensland Cup player Api Noema Matenga. Matenga is a forward that came through the ranks at Gold Coast Titans and has been playing with the Burleigh Bears.

Two Aussies to St Gaudens

Former NSW Country Player of the Year Tori Freeman has joined St Gaudens. The loose forward is joined by full-back Sam Keenan, who was with Western Suburbs last season.

Ille ready for new season

Elite 2 newcomers Ille have bolstered their quad with the signing of Samuel Tichadou from Baho. Tichadou scored nine tries in 14 games for the Geckos last season, helping them to win the Elite 2 Championship.

Double swoop for Salon

Hooker Alec Bush, who came through the ranks at Parramatta, has become the second overseas player to commit to Salon, after Jake Vrahnos. A few weeks after deciding to leave Lyon, Colin Niez is set to sign for Salon in the coming days. He was one of the stand out players in the Elite 2 Championship last season.

WhatsApp-Image-2019-10-06-at-13.20.41-e1570788335916.jpeg

https://treizemondial.fr/le-storm-regarde-vers-la-france/

Laurent Garnier, former player and coach in hexagon is now based in Australia where he continues to live his passion. Focus on his new goal: to develop a young French NRL.

You have joined the Melbourne Storm Academy since the beginning of the year. Knowing that you are in Queensland, how does it work?

The Storm's recruiting system is based in Queensland. Melbourne is the only club in the state of Victoria that is not a land of XIII. The academy organizes a training camp per year in Melbourne but the rest of the time we are in South East Queensland. The Easts Tigers and the Sunshine Coasts Falcons which evolve in Intrustsuper Cup being the 2 clubs reserves of the Storm of Melbourne.

I find myself working with their "Talent Squad" or "Pathway Academy" as a coach. Then because I'm French and connected with Rugby Union and Rugby Union XIII hexagonal, I'm also responsible for finding young French athletes for them.

Where do the players come from and how are they recruited?

Identified players come from all over the world. South Africa, United Kingdom, South Pacific and now France. It's a big job of field research and viewing for the club's recruiting agents and myself. The work is surgical and continuous, there is no secret.

A great opportunity that opens for our young French?

I have long been convinced that to become better, you have to train and play where the competition is raging.

My dream of coach is that we see in the coming seasons of young French evolve in NRL. First condition to be able one day to see our French team play again a major role in the international concert. The English players have understood and the last final of the World Cup in 2017 proved it to us. Or the English contingent of this beautiful Canberra team.

So concretely where are you with our future champions?

Last April, 2 young quinzists from New Caledonia, Ismael Motuku and Ephraim Niutupéa (17 and 18 years old) joined one of our training camps that we organize throughout the season and in the off-season . We also have on our radars 2 players Rugby XIII League of Occitanie and a very young Quinzist player Tarn which we think they have the potential to become players of very high level.

Interview by Julien Castagnet

Walter sobchak

First Grade
WhatsApp-Image-2019-10-06-at-13.20.41-e1570788335916.jpeg

https://treizemondial.fr/le-storm-regarde-vers-la-france/

Laurent Garnier, former player and coach in hexagon is now based in Australia where he continues to live his passion. Focus on his new goal: to develop a young French NRL.

You have joined the Melbourne Storm Academy since the beginning of the year. Knowing that you are in Queensland, how does it work?

The Storm's recruiting system is based in Queensland. Melbourne is the only club in the state of Victoria that is not a land of XIII. The academy organizes a training camp per year in Melbourne but the rest of the time we are in South East Queensland. The Easts Tigers and the Sunshine Coasts Falcons which evolve in Intrustsuper Cup being the 2 clubs reserves of the Storm of Melbourne.

I find myself working with their "Talent Squad" or "Pathway Academy" as a coach. Then because I'm French and connected with Rugby Union and Rugby Union XIII hexagonal, I'm also responsible for finding young French athletes for them.

Where do the players come from and how are they recruited?

Identified players come from all over the world. South Africa, United Kingdom, South Pacific and now France. It's a big job of field research and viewing for the club's recruiting agents and myself. The work is surgical and continuous, there is no secret.

A great opportunity that opens for our young French?

I have long been convinced that to become better, you have to train and play where the competition is raging.

My dream of coach is that we see in the coming seasons of young French evolve in NRL. First condition to be able one day to see our French team play again a major role in the international concert. The English players have understood and the last final of the World Cup in 2017 proved it to us. Or the English contingent of this beautiful Canberra team.

So concretely where are you with our future champions?

Last April, 2 young quinzists from New Caledonia, Ismael Motuku and Ephraim Niutupéa (17 and 18 years old) joined one of our training camps that we organize throughout the season and in the off-season . We also have on our radars 2 players Rugby XIII League of Occitanie and a very young Quinzist player Tarn which we think they have the potential to become players of very high level.

Interview by Julien Castagnet
Excellent stuff. New Caledonia good be a great untapped resource of RL talent for the NRL which could also benefit the French RL national side and ultimately international RL.

Walter sobchak

First Grade
Yeah. In one game he showed he has more potential than Fages or Albert. Check their FB page for the clip.
I’ve seen the highlights of that game and I’ve seen many highlights throughout his academy days and elite1 appearances. He’s a very talented player.

He needs to be starting more games for the dragons in 2020 along with Romano, seguir, belmas, goudeamand and Albert.

Storm13

Juniors
I’ve seen the highlights of that game and I’ve seen many highlights throughout his academy days and elite1 appearances. He’s a very talented player.

He needs to be starting more games for the dragons in 2020 along with Romano, seguir, belmas, goudeamand and Albert.
All players who only get a first team appearance when a players goes down injured, then a squad reshuffle, then they might get a chance. Would add Julien to that list. But as long as they make signings like Tiernney and Whitley, they won't get a fair crack. Apparently Joel Tomkins is heading to Catalan's? Catalan's never learn.

Latest posts