What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Latrell (officially signs with Souths 13/1/20)

betcats

Referee
Fittler slammed his Roos performance too.
Latrell will need a blindingly good opening 8 rounds to get picked for NSW.

If he's busy having a go at journos and punters on instagram, good luck

As it stands I'd put the house on him not getting picked, he is doing everything wrong in terms of getting back into the blues.

Vee

First Grade
He's not worth $1M, 800 tops, too inconsistent.

If I was him, I'd stay for $800,000.

You play the game for premierships and the big games, tests, origins and such and his chances of playing in those are much less elsewhere. How much money is enough?

Anybody urging him to chase the dollars is not thinking in his best interests IMO.

Danish

Referee
Latrell doesn’t need to stay at the roosters, but he does need to stay under a good coach.

going to some cellar dweller club just because they are paying an extra $100K per year this contract would likely cost him two fold down the line.

I mean seriously, how much money does everyone think RTS has given up going to the warriors? Out of sight, out of mind, and just wasting his talents carrying a bunch of useless players with horrid attitudes. His next contract is unlikely to be the value he could have got going to a better club.

Mitchell is in an even more perilous position, since any club who pays him a million is probably going to throw him into the spine to get value (hence why Souths seem to be offloading Walker). More pressure, more involvement that he doesn’t enjoy, more potential for failure.

also, let’s not forget how much the connections at a financially literate club helps. Would you rather nick politis and Mark Bouris advising you on investments..... or Anthony Mundine?

Tiger5150

Bench
I still think that its highly possible that Mitchell stays at Roosters. They have withdrawn their existing offer (supposedly $ 800K). All the better to say that he re-signed for a lower rate because he loves the club and opening up more cap space.

I still think that its highly possible that Mitchell stays at Roosters. They have withdrawn their existing offer (supposedly $ 800K). All the better to say that he re-signed for a lower rate because he loves the club and opening up more cap space.

To me, the offer withdraw says there’s a serious dent in the relationship. I’ll be surprised if he’s with us next year. Maybe another management change might bring the parties back together.

King hit

Coach
Mitchell was a fullback when he started in first grade and was fullback for the NYC team if I remember correctly

Vic Mackey

Referee
I mean seriously, how much money does everyone think RTS has given up going to the warriors? Out of sight, out of mind, and just wasting his talents carrying a bunch of useless players with horrid attitudes. His next contract is unlikely to be the value he could have got going to a better club

I get what you’re saying but using RTS as an example? If he was on the market now he’d have every club bar Easts and Manly working out who they could move on to throw the bank at him

betcats

Referee
Mitchell is to lazy to play FB imo. Fullbacks need to run so much to be position to cover things just in case something happens(possible break or kick) Latrel can watch a bloke run past with the ball hand conceding a line break and still not start running. Any team that puts Latrel at the back is going to concede a lot of tries through him being out of position.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Kayln Ponga plays for a rubbish team, in a shit market and he's doing just fine in terms of his endorsements and rep honours.

Yes but that’s because Matthew Johns has everyone on Fox and MMM sucking his dick and Joey has everyone on 9 doing the same. If he left the Knights suddenly these 2 lose their hard on for him and everyone in the media stops fingering their arse when he makes a tackle break

blaza88z

Coach
if I were in his position i'd be looking after myself and my family before considering the contract after the next, there are no certainties in this sport

He could suffer a career ending injury in his next contract and then what?

Chief_Chujo

First Grade
Latrell doesn’t need to stay at the roosters, but he does need to stay under a good coach
Absolutely. His ego will walk all over a weak coach and all that talent will go to waste. Hasler, Bennett, Bellamy and maybe Stuart or Maguire. Out of those I can only see the Tigers or Rabbits having the interest and cap space.

Latest posts