What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

hineyrulz

Post Whore
He seriously must have put his head in the microwave growing up.
film_sinfulcinemasupermariobros.jpg

Happy MEel

First Grade
Just make the second year an option in the club's favour. FFS, how hard is it?!
Actually this is probably a situation where an option for the second year at a lower rate in the player’s favour makes sense. Jennings gets some security with the option to stay if he gets no better offers, but if he does, we get him off our books. If he stays then we have a former origin centre with a truckload of experience for pretty cheap.

Last edited:
Actually this is probably a situation where an option For the second year at a lower rate in the player’s favour makes sense. Jennings gets some security with the option to stay if he gets no better offers, but if he does, we get him off our books. If he stays then we have a former origin centre with a truckload of experience for pretty cheap.
The problem could be that his spot is earmarked for someone else coming through. But I can see from a money perspective it might work.

Happy MEel

First Grade
The problem could be that his spot is earmarked for someone else coming through. But I can see from a money perspective it might work.
I can’t see anyone within our current squad that would surpass Jennings by 2020 so it would need to be an external target for mine that we’d need to be pretty bloody confident of securing.

If it's Parry, Dunster or Gennings then I don't really care if their paths are blocked.
I can’t see anyone within our current squad that would surpass Jennings by 2020 so it would need to be an external target for mine that we’d need to be pretty bloody confident of securing.
Fair point but could one or two of them have a top 30 contract for 2021? I can't be arsed checking. And although Parry was woefully out of his depth he has promise I reckon.

Happy MEel

First Grade
Fair point but could one or two of them have a top 30 contract for 2021? I can't be arsed checking. And although Parry was woefully out of his depth he has promise I reckon.
I don’t think so, but even if they do, we’ll need decent depth in the outside backs and Jennings would certainly provide that if someone manages to overtake him in the pecking order. His playing ability, leadership and experience would be worth around $400k next year and around $200-$250k for 2021 I reckon.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
If it's Parry, Dunster or Gennings then I don't really care if their paths are blocked.
I reckon there's a good chance Parry will be a solid first grader by 2021. He's only 20. There's plenty of improvement in him.

Anyway the replacement in question might be Salmon. He'll be a first grader for sure.