What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kangaroos to Play Wolfpack in Toronto in 2020 (Potentially)

flamin

Juniors

latingringo101

Juniors
I'm more of a national team vs national team tour, I don't mind the Kangaroos playing in Toronto because it's helping to bring pro RL to North America

hutch

First Grade
I just want the kangaroos to play against national teams such as France and wales when they tour. What’s the point of playing club teams?

Springs09

Juniors
There should not be any games against clubs or regional sides. f**k that off.

But playing Toronto in Toronto would be the best option if they have to have it. At least that's taking the Kangaroos to a new market.

If they play Toronto in England that's the most pointless thing they could possibly do.

Arucard

Juniors
There should not be any games against clubs or regional sides. f**k that off.

But playing Toronto in Toronto would be the best option if they have to have it. At least that's taking the Kangaroos to a new market.

If they play Toronto in England that's the most pointless thing they could possibly do.
It’s going to be in England.

MKCS

Juniors
I just want the kangaroos to play against national teams such as France and wales when they tour. What’s the point of playing club teams?

Australia U23's absolutely belted France and even if France were at full strength the U23's probably would've beaten them. Australia would absolutely maul Wales also. Does nothing for anyone if Australia comes over and kicks the shit out of teams like France and Wales

I'm not too in favour of it but a Toronto side with a fair few NRL players plus an abundance of ex ESL players and SBW would probably compete better against the Kangaroos in comparison to countries like France.

If they wanted a really competitive game though they could do a Super League dream team Vs Kangaroos. Kangaroos would have the likes of Tedesco, Addo-Carr, Cordner and Trbojevic whilst the English League dream team could feature the likes of SBW, Maloney, Widdop etc

hutch

First Grade
Australia U23's absolutely belted France and even if France were at full strength the U23's probably would've beaten them. Australia would absolutely maul Wales also. Does nothing for anyone if Australia comes over and kicks the shit out of teams like France and Wales

I'm not too in favour of it but a Toronto side with a fair few NRL players plus an abundance of ex ESL players and SBW would probably compete better against the Kangaroos in comparison to countries like France.

If they wanted a really competitive game though they could do a Super League dream team Vs Kangaroos. Kangaroos would have the likes of Tedesco, Addo-Carr, Cordner and Trbojevic whilst the English League dream team could feature the likes of SBW, Maloney, Widdop etc

The actual French team with their best players will be more competitive. We have played worse French and welsh teams before with better kangaroo test teams.

Last edited:

deluded pom?

Coach
I agree to a point hutch but if the Kangaroos are to play club sides then I’d love them to play TWP but only if it’s in Toronto. I just don’t see the point in playing them in England.

Springs09

Juniors

Rubbish. The point of having touring teams (and also England) play the European sides is so they have incentive to get their best players on the park, yearly regular tests against tier 1 sides is the only way these countries are going to build, a few years ago you'd be laughing at the suggestion Tonga play regular games against Australia or NZ as well.
As it stands professional players don't want to play in little token international games in front of 200 people in Dublin or Glasgow.

If the attitude is 'we're too good for France and Wales' then that will always be the attitude and they'll never get better. France can actually field just about a full side of fully professional players, Ireland has quite a good full strength side as well, but it's no surprise these players don't want to come halfway around the world to play Australia U23s and the Western Rams.

deluded pom?

Coach
Rubbish. The point of having touring teams (and also England) play the European sides is so they have incentive to get their best players on the park, yearly regular tests against tier 1 sides is the only way these countries are going to build, a few years ago you'd be laughing at the suggestion Tonga play regular games against Australia or NZ as well.
As it stands professional players don't want to play in little token international games in front of 200 people in Dublin or Glasgow.

If the attitude is 'we're too good for France and Wales' then that will always be the attitude and they'll never get better. France can actually field just about a full side of fully professional players, Ireland has quite a good full strength side as well, but it's no surprise these players don't want to come halfway around the world to play Australia U23s and the Western Rams.
England think playing anyone other than Australia or NZ is beneath them and then whinge when Australia don’t want to play them. Let’s try a EC with England even if we don’t use the NRL players or those involved in the play offs.

Latest posts